Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Part number requests - 2000 F-350 DRW

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 01:48 PM
toyomatt84
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Part number requests - 2000 F-350 DRW

Hello, I have been searching for part numbers for a few days now, and I cannot seem to locate the proper ones. Would anyone mind helping me find the correct part numbers?

I'm currently looking to replace the rear driver's side caliper mounting bracket on my truck, as the previous owner bought a passenger caliper, flipped it, then used threaded rod (with the wrong thread pitch) to mount them inverted on the front side of the axle. So the bracket I have, along with the missing two bolts to mount the caliper carrier to it are what I'm looking for. After arduous searching, the closest I could find was the F-450 part number, but that's the wrong axle. I have a 2000 F-350 DRW with the DANA 80.

Here's a picture of the F-450 mounting bracket:

PS. Using Tasca's part search, I noticed they use the diagram for the mounting bracket but the part number matches the caliper carrier.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:03 AM
pirschwagon
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by toyomatt84
Hello, I have been searching for part numbers for a few days now, and I cannot seem to locate the proper ones. Would anyone mind helping me find the correct part numbers?

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/

Old 02-19-2018, 08:59 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
I don't know if this helps any but the axle I have out in the garage has XH10948701 on it along with some other random numbers.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:21 PM
toyomatt84
Junior User
Originally Posted by pirschwagon
I should have been more clerical when I posted, but I should state that I've already been to several OEM parts distributor's websites and come up with nothing. This is not really all that helpful, as they do not list the part either (or if they do, they do not do so in a way conducive to a logical thought process). Even the diagram used on Tasca, is of the correct part... but the corresponding part number references the fixed portion of the caliper that holds the pads during installation/removal of the caliper.

Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
I don't know if this helps any but the axle I have out in the garage has XH10948701 on it along with some other random numbers.
Sadly, I cannot find anything with that serial number reference. Thank you for looking!

Old 02-21-2018, 09:17 AM
brian42
Lead Driver
Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts
When I run into this issue I will usually to go my local Ford parts counter to get a price quote and find out their availability. I will get the printout to take home to "discuss" the cost with my wife . The printout will have the part numbers on it.

From there I research the part numbers and either get them online or give the dealership a chance to match the cost (price + shipping) to just get them from there.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:19 PM
toyomatt84
Junior User
Originally Posted by brian42
When I run into this issue I will usually to go my local Ford parts counter to get a price quote and find out their availability. I will get the printout to take home to "discuss" the cost with my wife . The printout will have the part numbers on it.

From there I research the part numbers and either get them online or give the dealership a chance to match the cost (price + shipping) to just get them from there.
I like that idea. Typically, I hate being "that guy" walking into a dealership, asking a parts guy for some information... then not purchasing the parts from them to save money at home.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:01 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
I like that idea. Typically, I hate being "that guy" walking into a dealership, asking a parts guy for some information... then not purchasing the parts from them to save money at home.
Me too, I usually call and ask about 'cost and availability' so I don't have to do it in person.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:32 AM
brian42
Lead Driver
Me too, I usually call and ask about 'cost and availability' so I don't have to do it in person.
I used to feel that way too. I've found that they aren't as judgmental as they used to be. They are not working on commission so they clock out at the same time every day and get paid the same no matter if I buy parts from them or not. Each dealership lines their pockets with additional cash by marking up the prices above MSRP (which is already above their cost). They are like jewelry stores. If they buy something then mark it up 300% they make a huge profit. If they put it on sale for "50% off" then you come in and buy it. You got a "deal" but the jewelry shop still makes 50% profit. Win-win right? That's similar to the dealership. They buy it at cost then mark it up above MSRP. You come in, they look up the part, then you wince at the price. "Let me see what I can do"...*click* *click* *click* on their keyboard and, viola, they gave you a "discount" that's below MSRP. "Wow, what a deal! I'll take it!" You saved money and the dealership still pockets some profits. Win-win right?

I have no problem using them for research. Since some of the Ford drawings are not very intuitive one of the parts guys takes it as a challenge to try and find the part number and see if Ford makes it any more. I have done this more times than I care to remember. Parts people are always amazed that I have my VIN memorized.

If I show them the price from on online Ford parts place (White Bear Lake, etc.) and shipping cost they sometimes give me a military discount that's within the ballpark. There are plenty of cars in their repair bays that eat up parts (and Ford pays the dealership for it) that selling me parts for a 15 year old truck is not going to make or break them. They are people too and understand that not everybody is going to pay $14 for a dash screw. Yes, all those black 7mm screws that hold the dash pieces to the brackets are $14 a pop . I bet you think twice the next time you are taking those out and just dropping them on your carpet .

Just my .02. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:14 PM
toyomatt84
Junior User
Originally Posted by brian42
I used to feel that way too. I've found that they aren't as judgmental as they used to be. They are not working on commission so they clock out at the same time every day and get paid the same no matter if I buy parts from them or not. Each dealership lines their pockets with additional cash by marking up the prices above MSRP (which is already above their cost). They are like jewelry stores. If they buy something then mark it up 300% they make a huge profit. If they put it on sale for "50% off" then you come in and buy it. You got a "deal" but the jewelry shop still makes 50% profit. Win-win right? That's similar to the dealership. They buy it at cost then mark it up above MSRP. You come in, they look up the part, then you wince at the price. "Let me see what I can do"...*click* *click* *click* on their keyboard and, viola, they gave you a "discount" that's below MSRP. "Wow, what a deal! I'll take it!" You saved money and the dealership still pockets some profits. Win-win right?

I have no problem using them for research. Since some of the Ford drawings are not very intuitive one of the parts guys takes it as a challenge to try and find the part number and see if Ford makes it any more. I have done this more times than I care to remember. Parts people are always amazed that I have my VIN memorized.

If I show them the price from on online Ford parts place (White Bear Lake, etc.) and shipping cost they sometimes give me a military discount that's within the ballpark. There are plenty of cars in their repair bays that eat up parts (and Ford pays the dealership for it) that selling me parts for a 15 year old truck is not going to make or break them. They are people too and understand that not everybody is going to pay $14 for a dash screw. Yes, all those black 7mm screws that hold the dash pieces to the brackets are $14 a pop . I bet you think twice the next time you are taking those out and just dropping them on your carpet .

Just my .02. I'll get off my soapbox now.
You guys got me convinced. I'll be making a call tomorrow. I'll post my findings in case anyone else needs this information down the line.

+rep

Old 02-23-2018, 09:34 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
I went into the dealership with the vmindset of purchasing the inner shift boot since i could not find the p/n..etc. 55.00 price tag came with. I walked out of there, i mean, i ran outta there BUT, with printout in hand with p/n.. . typed p/n in ebay and found part for 8 bones..

Old 02-26-2018, 09:26 AM
brian42
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by timmyboy76
I went into the dealership with the vmindset of purchasing the inner shift boot since i could not find the p/n..etc. 55.00 price tag came with. I walked out of there, i mean, i ran outta there BUT, with printout in hand with p/n.. . typed p/n in ebay and found part for 8 bones..
Glad to hear it worked out well for you.