Back in the day thread'can't find it' new one - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Back in the day thread'can't find it' new one

Old 02-14-2018, 08:07 AM
big job
Posting Guru
big job has a great reputation on FTE.big job has a great reputation on FTE.big job has a great reputation on FTE.big job has a great reputation on FTE.big job has a great reputation on FTE.
Back in the day thread'can't find it' new one

In the center of Prov. RI. bus #27 Ah the sweet sound of a Buick Straight 8 , and no I did not crash the front bumper. I know who did but not sayin cause he is still alive. Think this was
taken early 1960's wish I had all those 50 dollar cars. But we are currently working on a 1949 Clipper right now. Power 391FT Alllsion getting there..
I will do the black and white scheme like ITC 27

By the way bus #27 was the 15th new Visicoach 1950 new production model.

Attached Images   
Old 02-14-2018, 10:12 AM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Great Picture, Big Job. Here is the link to the thread you are looking for: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...s-gone-by.html

The Thread name is: vintage pics of days gone by

Old 02-14-2018, 11:51 AM
Mixer man
Journeyman Apprentice
Mixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud of
That's a beautiful old Flexible. Pretty rare I think. Looks to have Greyhound livery. Does the Visiliner have the big air scoop on the rear? My Dad worked for Greyhound during WWll, and I have a couple of those old vertical marble reflectors somewhere in my junque.

Old 02-14-2018, 01:03 PM
HILLBILLY BOB
Posting Guru
HILLBILLY BOB has a great reputation on FTE.HILLBILLY BOB has a great reputation on FTE.HILLBILLY BOB has a great reputation on FTE.HILLBILLY BOB has a great reputation on FTE.HILLBILLY BOB has a great reputation on FTE.HILLBILLY BOB has a great reputation on FTE.
that is a great picture.i sure love all of those old cars

Old 02-14-2018, 02:45 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
underthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputation
Great pic, great personnel history behind it too. I had thought traffic jams were a modern day issue, guess not, surprise.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:46 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.
Love that '56 Ford Victoria! Nice picture of traffic.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:24 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Post Fiend
GreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to all
Here's a picture of me and my Dad taken about 1952 by his wrecker (tow truck). The truck is a 48 Chevy 3100...

Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2018, 11:11 AM
tractormanbill
tractorman
tractormanbill has a great reputation on FTE.tractormanbill has a great reputation on FTE.tractormanbill has a great reputation on FTE.tractormanbill has a great reputation on FTE.tractormanbill has a great reputation on FTE.
Here is my first car at 12 and my first hot rod with my now wife of 56 yrs. 36 Ford & 34 Chev. with V8 Buick and 6 carbs.
TractormanBill