1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Random Acts of FTE kindness

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 09:20 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Random Acts of FTE kindness

I brought up random acts of kindness before. As I remember it was just general everyday life acts.
I have received parts from members here and have never mentioned names, yet I want to give them a heartfelt "THANK YOU!" I am humbled by your generosity!
I hope I don't forget anyone!
I will start with this and see where it goes.

The wealth of knowledge here is priceless...

Christmas of 2010, I got a large envelope in the mailbox. It had a
MidFifty Catalog with a $50 gift certificate. I haven't used it yet, but about to dust it off and make a call. Totally couldn't believe it! What a nice guy!

About 2013 I was involved in 5.0 EFI gathering of parts and knowledge. I spent a good deal of time talking on the phone with another member.
He sent me a crap ton of EFI parts that I needed. Saved me a bunch of time and money. He also gave me a billet aluminum gauge cluster with all brand new gauges. I still keep in touch with him on the phone occasionally, or a text message here and there. Forever humbled and grateful!

And recently another longtime member sent me a couple boxes of needed parts, mostly all new parts still in the wrapping or boxes.

I am forever in debt to all of you on this forum, but you guys that throw parts in my hands....makes me feel like there are still some good people in this country. A great percentage are members here!

Please help me turn the light on others that have given to you, without mentioning any names. You know who you are...this is my standing ovation request!

I hope to hear more

Old 02-14-2018, 09:40 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 757 Likes on 369 Posts
Great stuff Jeff.
I couldn't mention names because I'm sure I would forget someone who has helped me. Some of my parts are hard to find and FTE members have stepped up to help me. It's not necessarily someone giving you a part for free or a great deal. Other random acts of kindness include words of encouragement, advice, suggestions, friendship just to name a few.
I recall several years ago HellfireJim was in need of fenders. He was having health issues and the fenders needed to be shipped from quite a ways away. The FTE community got together and got the fenders to him. It was money donated and travel to get the fenders to his door. I don't think Jim got to use the fenders before he passed, but it was a great display of the community here.

I have met a few FTE members in person. I'm not a good conversationalist, but everyone I have met has been like meeting an old friend.
At one point I thought of giving gifts of some sort to the guys that have helped me the most. Over the years, that list has gotten too large to count.
Now, I try to pass it forward the best I can.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:55 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Harrier
Great stuff Jeff.
I couldn't mention names because I'm sure I would forget someone who has helped me. Some of my parts are hard to find and FTE members have stepped up to help me. It's not necessarily someone giving you a part for free or a great deal. Other random acts of kindness include words of encouragement, advice, suggestions, friendship just to name a few.
I recall several years ago HellfireJim was in need of fenders. He was having health issues and the fenders needed to be shipped from quite a ways away. The FTE community got together and got the fenders to him. It was money donated and travel to get the fenders to his door. I don't think Jim got to use the fenders before he passed, but it was a great display of the community here.

I have met a few FTE members in person. I'm not a good conversationalist, but everyone I have met has been like meeting an old friend.
At one point I thought of giving gifts of some sort to the guys that have helped me the most. Over the years, that list has gotten too large to count.
Now, I try to pass it forward the best I can.
You are on the right track! I absolutely feel the same way! Is this too much off the beaten path? I hope not! We can snuff this if it is too "touchy/feely"
I just wanted to show appreciation.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:42 AM
burnettd01
Laughing Gas
Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts
Jeff
Thanks for bringing this subject up. I to have been on both sides of these random acts.

I have received and given. It feels good either way.

I am glad to be associated with this forum and it's members.

Take care

Dan

Old 02-15-2018, 03:30 AM
1949f1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 372 Likes on 159 Posts
I have been here for many years and I have had so much help and kind words from this great group of members. I have also had help with parts needed and just the other day I was given a part and he wouldn't even let me pay the shipping. Thanks again for that Jim and I can't remember all the other names for the rest of the parts found on here.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:02 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Where would I start. So many people have offered things, given step by step how to's, taken me under there wings, shared stuff that took them a lifetime to learn, it's really endless, and it's also the FTE way. Thank you one and all, not only for help, and parts, but for your endless patience, and friendships.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:35 AM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This forum is a great place, good people with lots of knowledge. This is the first place I look when I have a question or don't know how to do something. I have never been on any forum, other than this one, that weren't filled with some very snarky people who knew all and let you know it every post. Here there are lots who know and have done and who don't hesitate to help others.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:04 AM
Mr. Ed
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I second all of the above comments. I have been on many specific car sites and some of them are so cliquey and catty that I got off of them. Some talk to you like you are lower than whale ***** and you shouldn't be there.

This is the best site for help that I have ever been on, whether it is information or parts or just a general attaboy!

Later!
Mr. Ed