Sponsored by:

Seat upholstery experts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 10:16 AM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
Seat upholstery experts?

I took the fabric off my seats to clean. Replaced the seat cushion foam. Put it back together and it's not lining up right. Fabric isn't moving with it assembled, tried to adjust it. Seems like the lines are where they should be based on the creases in the foam. Is it possible the top cushion is misshaped compared to the new cushion on the bottom? Or did I just make a rookie mistake putting them on? Can I fix it with the seat apart again? Does it matter?

Old 03-04-2018, 11:07 AM
Jeff53
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks to me like the fabric is installed correctly, but the seat back was not reinstalled correctly. Looking at the picture, it appears that the seat back needs to go more to the left, or towards the center of the car when the seat is installed, in relation to the seat bottom.

"I took the fabric off my seats to clean. Replaced the seat cushion foam. Put it back together and it's not lining up right. Fabric isn't moving with it assembled, tried to adjust it. Seems like the lines are where they should be based on the creases in the foam. Is it possible the top cushion is misshaped compared to the new cushion on the bottom? Or did I just make a rookie mistake putting them on? Can I fix it with the seat apart again? Does it matter?"

Old 03-04-2018, 05:56 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts

I believe I managed to answer my own questions today. It appears on closer inspection the foam is just sagging to the side compared to the passenger seat. Kinda like the bottom was. Tried to adjust the cover on the other seat that is still apart, and it only fits into the velcro one way. Does it matter? Not really since I will never look at the driver's seat from straight on. From the side, it looks fine. Really happy with how they came out, 18 years of abuse mostly washed away. Plus they smell like Tide instead of old truck.

I did double check the attachment, it fits in a pin on one side only one way with 2 bolts on the other. Fairly idiot proof.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:25 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by ExxWhy

I believe I managed to answer my own questions today. It appears on closer inspection the foam is just sagging to the side compared to the passenger seat. Kinda like the bottom was. Tried to adjust the cover on the other seat that is still apart, and it only fits into the velcro one way. Does it matter? Not really since I will never look at the driver's seat from straight on. From the side, it looks fine. Really happy with how they came out, 18 years of abuse mostly washed away. Plus they smell like Tide instead of old truck.

I did double check the attachment, it fits in a pin on one side only one way with 2 bolts on the other. Fairly idiot proof.
Still looks great, love the smell of TIDE in the morning!