Forscan + Speedometer Change - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forscan + Speedometer Change

Old 02-13-2018, 09:59 PM
Senior User

akcooper9 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Forscan + Speedometer Change

Forscan made a new release on 2/2/2018 which included an update for us 99-04 guys (not sure who else this applies too). We now have the ability to change the speedometer to account for bigger (or smaller) tires by making adjustments to Rev Per Mile and/or Tone Ring size.

Back in December of 2017, I reached out Forscan asking about how to get the tool updated so one doesn't have to edit Hex code in the As Built to change Rev Per Miles which is used to calculate speed. This got the ball rolling (so to speak)

After a few rounds of Beta testing and some help from The Brad, Forscan now has the option to edit BOTH Rev Per Mile and Tone Ring in the ABS through the ABS module configuration screen. Enjoy

You will need an extended license to utilize this feature in Forscan. I suggest making a back up of your current settings before making any changes.

Here is what the old way looked like if you wanted to make changes:

Here is what the new way looks like if you want to make changes:

Rev Per Mile:

Tone Ring:

Old 02-13-2018, 10:17 PM
Posting Guru

brandon_oma#692 has a good reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a good reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a good reputation on FTE.
Very cool to see support for us still. Can you adjust the tachometer like this too? My speedo is good but tach is off
Old 02-14-2018, 03:19 AM
Elder User

The Brad has a great reputation on FTE.The Brad has a great reputation on FTE.The Brad has a great reputation on FTE.The Brad has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692 View Post
Very cool to see support for us still. Can you adjust the tachometer like this too? My speedo is good but tach is off
How far off is your tach? What are you comparing it to, to determine itís off? I think the tach gets its input from the CPS.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:00 AM
Post Fiend

Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Tach? You mean odo?
Old 02-14-2018, 09:18 AM
Posting Guru

brandon_oma#692 has a good reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a good reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brad View Post
How far off is your tach? What are you comparing it to, to determine itís off? I think the tach gets its input from the CPS.
Comparing to torque pro, snap on scanner my buddy has at his shop and another laptop one he has for the shop. They all agree with each other and the dash is off a little. About 100 rpm at 2k rpm. I remember reading somewhere it was adjustable on the back of the cluster but thought it would be nice to do it without removing it. Also the dash tach and speedo do not quite agree with my rpm mph gearing chart while the obd ones agree with the chart.