Don Vito's 56 for sale on CL - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Don Vito's 56 for sale on CL

Old 02-12-2018, 09:50 PM
Elder User

smallello has a great reputation on FTE.smallello has a great reputation on FTE.smallello has a great reputation on FTE.smallello has a great reputation on FTE.
Don Vito's 56 for sale on CL

Old 02-13-2018, 09:56 AM
Senior User

Don Vito is a name known to allDon Vito is a name known to allDon Vito is a name known to allDon Vito is a name known to allDon Vito is a name known to allDon Vito is a name known to all
well, it's for sale, but don't really care if it sells or not, I love the truck, it was my vsion from day 1 to look and run like it does, my wife doesn't want me to sell it and if I don't so be it I'm kinda testing the waters, I know what I have in it in hard cash not counting the 3 years of labor paint, etc. and I don't think I'm too far off base with my price although I do get calls and texts saying, I'll give you 15k cash etc without every coming and looking or driving. I've had a couple guys interested 1 from the U.K. that wanted to get the front end upgraded as if he imports it he says he can't make any structural modifications to it, I referred him to a shop and the figure they have him was so out of line I told him he should just find what he really wants, I got a call last night from a guy in New Zealand who says they are in big demand down there, so we'll see where that goes. The only reason I'm even considering selling it is I want to buy a 1966 Shelby GT350 H tribute/clone I want the best one out there and the clones are even getting expensive, I had an original one back in 1986 a 1966GT350H Black Gold Stripes and 1 of a few 4 speed cars built, built but landed up selling to buy another Limousine for my Limo business, I always said when I sold the Limo business I'd buy another one but, never did. So that's my story. If it sells, fine if not, fine too! I'd still like to do a couple things like lower the rear another 2 inches or just bag the whole thing and possibly do vintage air.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:07 AM
Senior User

F1 Mike is starting off with a positive reputation.
Don I think your price seems very fair. As you don't need or really want to sell it I would hold to your asking price.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:59 AM
Senior User

Justboy has a very good reputation on FTE.Justboy has a very good reputation on FTE.Justboy has a very good reputation on FTE.
Don I think your man from the UK should be making wipers his priority!

Not sure suspension upgrade is what he would be after. There is a risk if he imports a modified vehicle then it won't qualify as being a 1956 which has tax implications.

I showed my wife your ad and she said you sound grumpy. And who wouldn't at the though of losing your truck!
Old 02-13-2018, 01:25 PM
Senior User

Aloha-boy has a good reputation on FTE.Aloha-boy has a good reputation on FTE.
I think $30k is an OK price to ask for. If your wife is like mine, she's probably right about keeping it.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:23 PM
Senior User

Don Vito is a name known to allDon Vito is a name known to allDon Vito is a name known to allDon Vito is a name known to allDon Vito is a name known to allDon Vito is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justboy View Post
Don I think your man from the UK should be making wipers his priority!

Not sure suspension upgrade is what he would be after. There is a risk if he imports a modified vehicle then it won't qualify as being a 1956 which has tax implications.

I showed my wife your ad and she said you sound grumpy. And who wouldn't at the though of losing your truck!
If you ever tried selling something on Craigslist you'll understand why I may sound grumpy, I try to be very specific. The scammers contacting you, the 3rd party advertisers ,the people that send you a text asking that you call them even though the ad says calls only, the people that want you to ship it to them and pay by pay pal etc. It's crazy, yeah I may be a bit grumpy too. oh well
Old 02-14-2018, 03:56 PM
FTE fan

underthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputation
Personally I think 30K is a deal for that truck. To bad you cant keep it and still build your Shelby GT 350 H.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:05 PM
Senior User

highdesert55 has a good reputation on FTE.highdesert55 has a good reputation on FTE.
Sounds really fair on price. I am into mine 25k and it still looks like a pile of shiz.