Failed Adaptive Cruise and Pre Collision - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Failed Adaptive Cruise and Pre Collision

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Failed Adaptive Cruise and Pre Collision

Old 06-14-2018, 05:35 AM
mtnguy
Senior User
mtnguy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mtnguy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by intofire56A View Post
..you can't use it when Towing
Orher than that 1 time, the adaptive cruise control has worked great for about 5000 miles of towing our 5th wheel.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:21 AM
ShotgunZ71
Junior User
ShotgunZ71 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've not had that issue with mine, but I do know that it also works while towing.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:38 AM
ATC Crazy
Post Fiend
ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.
Ain't technology great?!

...not

Sorry 'bout ya'lls luck with it. More fancy gizmos just means more headaches.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:38 AM
lawnspecialties
Senior User
lawnspecialties is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.lawnspecialties is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Not to get too far of track here, but I use cruise control all the time towing. I love it and its very smooth. I don't use the exhaust brake though. Too often it feels like the exhaust and the cruise don't like each other. You can feel the truck accelerate and slow down harder than when using cruise alone. Its like riding on a see saw. Up and down, up and down.

My adaptive cruise has also done the same thing the OP listed but its only done so in the colder months if I recall correctly. I keep my adaptive cruise turned off. I don't like it.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:42 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by ATC Crazy View Post
Ain't technology great?!

...not

Sorry 'bout ya'lls luck with it. More fancy gizmos just means more headaches.
That's what my grandfather said about power windows and power locks!

Old 06-14-2018, 07:35 AM
ATC Crazy
Post Fiend
ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
And it took a long time to get them remotely reliable. I have two '88's that don't work, and a '94 who's locks don't work and the window motors are on their last leg.

Meanwhile, all the manual windows/locks in my 60's/70's/80's/90's trucks work beautifully.

Your grandfather probably never had to work on his manual operated stuff either

Some things are OK, but the majority of them...? I'd choose otherwise if I had the choice...

Old 06-14-2018, 08:47 AM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
My mom said something similar about my first 10 speed bicycle. "Nine more things to go wrong." OK mom, I'll keep that in mind.

I haven't had the ACC or CC error on my truck but it hasn't been driven in the cold much.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:41 AM
intofire56A
Junior User
intofire56A is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sure you can. I use it while towing all the time.

OP, mine did the same since new. There is an alignment procedure that your dealer can do that will fix the issue. They did it to mine 10k miles ago and it hasn't occurred since.
Sorry, been reading so much of the manual, missed informed you...

Old 06-14-2018, 11:18 AM
mrgrayaz
Senior User
mrgrayaz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by lawnspecialties View Post
Not to get too far of track here, but I use cruise control all the time towing. I love it and its very smooth. I don't use the exhaust brake though. Too often it feels like the exhaust and the cruise don't like each other. You can feel the truck accelerate and slow down harder than when using cruise alone. Its like riding on a see saw. Up and down, up and down.

My adaptive cruise has also done the same thing the OP listed but its only done so in the colder months if I recall correctly. I keep my adaptive cruise turned off. I don't like it.

Set the Exhaust brake to "Automatic Exhaust Brake" - 2nd push of the button. That really works well with Cruise.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:12 PM
roadpilot
Elder User
roadpilot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.roadpilot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yup ... and them thar 'lectric starters, too!

Old 06-14-2018, 03:15 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
that adaptive cruise is awesome when its functional i suspect in alaska it will be a non worker all winter, but then again i dont trust crusie in winter on a regular vehicle. i like control in the winter on ice.