Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Turbo ordered 364.5 sxe

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 11:36 AM
The Brad
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I told Carson that I’d like to keep the CCV intact and he obliged. The intake pipe he sent me was full length, so that I could just slap a 6637 filter on there and be done. I cut it back a few inches to line up with my S&B intake. Akcooper cut his further back to line up with the stock plastic CCV housing.

Old 02-27-2018, 12:25 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,460 Likes on 2,850 Posts
Brandon, any initial impressions on the pieces you have received?

Do they look like they will fit together well?

Are you impressed, concerned or just waiting to see what happens?

When does installation start?

Still on the fence with my choice, but leaning more toward the KC simply for ease of installation and not having to source the parts from around the country.

Old 02-27-2018, 01:38 PM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
Brandon, any initial impressions on the pieces you have received?

Do they look like they will fit together well?

Are you impressed, concerned or just waiting to see what happens?

When does installation start?

Still on the fence with my choice, but leaning more toward the KC simply for ease of installation and not having to source the parts from around the country.
EDIT turbo looks good, was complete with gaskets, correct model number/ part numbers Borg Warner MADE IN USA on the stamped plate. seller installed the exhaust housing and repacked very nicely to save on shipping.

Kit shipped from CSD last night. The obs style intercooler pipes were on backorder and I needed the passenger side one. I waited since I was in no hurry. Ups says delivery Thursday but the part of town with my UPS hub is currently flooded so not sure what will happen. I did have it changed to ship to my Grandma's house so it can be signed for as signature is required for delivery.

Weather looks good hi of 45 Saturday with low of 26 so I might start on it. Not sure If I want to do it at home outside or see if I can get into my buddys shop now that he moved.

Actually need to order Hpop parts, oil cooler gaskets, and Riffraff frx today if I want to go that route. Need to call Diesel o-rings to be sure what to get. I have always had oil in the front of the valley and just can't find the source. Hoping if I remove it the source will reveal itself. So I need the long threaded plug, mounting gasket, and not sure what else. I do not need the o-rings for the hpop hose fittings as I have a different style hose and connection than oem.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:09 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Sounds good. I will be watching your progress closely because this is one of the few threads with all required parts and sources.

I am very interested to see how it all comes together.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:43 PM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Well looks like my remove hpop to determine the leak idea is a bust. I was told it won't work and you need to get it clean and find the leak in the truck. It has been leaking since 2009 (found my old post about leaking at the inspection cover back when this engine was in my 250 with the automatic) so I guess I will try cleaning and paper towels in the valley again to see if I can figure where it is coming from. I know it is the front of the valley. hpop hoses are new. Fuel bowl seals are new. Really wanted to get this fixed while I have everything apart but I am doubting it.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:44 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Waiting to see it running. Hope it works out for you.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:17 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
After some cleaning of the valley, I used paper towels in the center of the valley, separating the front from the back.

That way I would know if it was a rear plug, turbo/pedestal orings, EBPV, etc vs a front HPOP hoses, HPOP/reservoir gasket, plugs, non-serviceable plug, or fuel (lines/bowl/etc)

I also used dye to find my leak(s). Found the EBPV was leaking AFTER I rebuilt it(!) Fixed that

I spent many hours finding the exact leak, but the paper towels separating front and rear was a major help. Otherwise, I was blaming my HPOP, too

Old 02-27-2018, 10:38 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Here's where I was looking for the leak. You can see how a small mirror can be a great help.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post17219055

I removed the mirror glass from a cheap dollar store plastic mirror.

Good luck!

Old 02-28-2018, 10:14 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Brandon, do you know if the CSD kit you ordered has the recess at the end of the CAC tubes like the OEM ones do?

In my journey to find a permanent solution for boots blowing off, I should consider something that would work for the KC38R or CSD/T4 kit.

Like you, I would order the OSB kit to get both CAC tubes.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:38 AM
The Brad
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brandon, do you know if the CSD kit you ordered has the recess at the end of the CAC tubes like the OEM ones do?

In my journey to find a permanent solution for boots blowing off, I should consider something that would work for the KC38R or CSD/T4 kit.

I can’t remember if it has a dimple, but I can tell you my Riffraff boots are holding 40+psi. The only boot I’ve blown off is at the turbo outlet, which is a 2.5” boot. I’ve since smeared a little 3M 77 spray adhesive so we’ll see how that does.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:50 AM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic

They have a raised bead. Here are some pictures I found. Local UPS is above water so I should have parts tomorrow

These are the OBS intercooler pipes. I will have the one on the left to replace the oem passenger pipe.

The pipe on the right is the t4 style turbo to intercooler pipe.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:59 AM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692
Local UPS is above water
Sometimes it's only the simple things we want

Looking forward to your install.

Old 02-28-2018, 11:05 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
serious case of PMS coming on. My decision on which kit to go with Will mostly be based on how your install goes. Keep us posted, and take lots of pictures.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:14 PM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Oil cooler o-rings and gaskets check
turbo check
CSD install kit check (ups says grandma signed for it)
diy quad feed parts check
diy boost fooler check
wire loom to replace old and broken check
ELC coolant check
need distilled h2o forgot that
new hpop hoses and fittings check
oil and filter check

o-rings for the hpo plugs in head deliver Saturday
Loctite 545 for fuel lines deliver Saturday
mbrp 3.5 to 4 adapter deliver Saturday
Ordered all this today forgot to yesterday

Need to find my ac condenser not sure where I put it but now would be a great time to put it where it belongs. possibly even attach the new hoses I have.....

Thinking about painting the valley white to make leaks show up better. (I think I finally pinpointed my leak source)

What am I missing? Still have not decided if I am working on it outside at home or at a friends shop. Pictures to follow

Old 03-01-2018, 02:40 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Is the quad fuel feed required or just an addition for you?

Is the 3.5 to 4" adapter because the CSD kit has a 3.5" out the turbo for the down pipe?

Quick Reply: Turbo ordered 364.5 sxe