Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Need Dealership Recommendations in Southeast

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 09:57 AM
SJMaye
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Dealership Recommendations in Southeast

I am looking for a new truck. I wanted to start by looking at dealerships known for good deals or straight dealing. I live near Nashville, TN. I am open to driving anywhere in the Southeast for the right deal.

Can any folks here recommend a dealership ?

Old 02-06-2018, 11:17 AM
David W Jones
Tuned
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I bought my 2016 at Moore Stewart Ford in Selma, Alabama. A VERY small dealership. I looked there because the Ford website listed a truck there that fit my needs and the truck had been there for 8 months according to the online window sticker. I made a phone call and they made me a price over the phone that told me they were wanting to move that unit. I bought it the next day. The dealership's owner did the paperwork. There are a few dealerships out there that might stand out but my feeling is day to day they're all about the same. You just need to find one hungry to make a deal and move a vehicle. I bought my new 2012 just up the street at Long Lewis Ford. I made an email inquiry about a 157"wb truck and their sales manager answered. Between Christmas and New Years. He found one in Atlanta and made me a price via email that told me he wanted to move a unit. I bought that day and got the truck the next. I contacted them when I was looking for a 2016 or 17 and I could tell fairly quickly they weren't in the same mood. Enter Moore-Stewart in Selma.
I'd hit the Ford website and come up with some trucks that fit my wants/needs. Then start looking at websites and making calls.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:53 AM
David W Jones
Tuned
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Matt will hook you up.......and he's close to you.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...rd-dealer.html

Old 02-06-2018, 01:22 PM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 236 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by sjmaye
I am looking for a new truck. I wanted to start by looking at dealerships known for good deals or straight dealing. I live near Nashville, TN. I am open to driving anywhere in the Southeast for the right deal.

When I purchased my 2016 Lariat SuperCrew, I drove from GA to Mobile AL because they had just what I was looking for and the deal was just too good to pass up.

The Ford dealer that I used was Mullinax Ford.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:06 PM
ecoboost12
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dealerships!!

I Have a Dealer in Upstate NY that's Really Great, West Herr the Name they are Based out of Buffalo, NY.

Old 02-06-2018, 05:02 PM
Lebowskii
Tuned
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
I bought my truck in November from Byerly Ford in Louisville and was very happy with the deal that I got. I told them I wanted $12k for my 2011 Ranger trade-in and that's exactly what they gave me without any negotiating. Then they added several rebates and other discounts and said it would be my truck plus $14,750 out the door (taxes, title, license plates, dealer paperwork fee, etc.). I told them to throw in a bedliner and I would write them a check and take it home and they said OK. When I went in to sign the paperwork the guy said there was a change in the amount I owed so I was preparing for an argument until he said the new total was $13,968. I almost fell over! He said they found another rebate which saved me almost $800. Check out their website to see if they have something on their lot that you like because you'll usually get a better deal that way instead of ordering it. (I just checked and they have 110 F-150s on their lot.) If you end up calling or going there ask for Melissa Russell and also let me know and I'll meet you there and buy you lunch if you want. Good luck!

New Ford Inventory | Byerly Ford in Louisville

Old 02-06-2018, 06:14 PM
Badtothebones
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brandon Ford

Old 02-07-2018, 05:25 AM
srb1194
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Asheville Ford
Chris Mease

I was extremely impressed with their level of service and pricing.

Old 02-07-2018, 05:29 AM
SJMaye
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. Thanks for the dealership input. I have been looking at 2017 used trucks with about 24,000 miles on them. The prices seem to be about the price I could have purchased them new at the end of 2017. Not sure how that works. I always thought they lost value right off the lot.

Is this just the old supply and demand thing or something else?

Old 02-07-2018, 06:50 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by ecoboost12
I Have a Dealer in Upstate NY that's Really Great, West Herr the Name they are Based out of Buffalo, NY.
The OP asked for dealers in the SE not the NE.

Old 02-07-2018, 06:59 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Wow. Thanks for the dealership input. I have been looking at 2017 used trucks with about 24,000 miles on them. The prices seem to be about the price I could have purchased them new at the end of 2017. Not sure how that works. I always thought they lost value right off the lot.

Is this just the old supply and demand thing or something else?
2017`s are a bit too new to have drastic reductions in prices regardless if they are new or used. I`m sure that`ll change by the end of 2018.

I`d say you should really look for a new 2017 because most dealers want to clear last years model off of their books and lots because the 2018`s are also on those same lots.

You might even find a brand new 2016 on a lot that would be a steal so don`t overlook that.

Good luck on your search.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:55 PM
ecoboost12
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GABAR
The OP asked for dealers in the SE not the NE.
Thanks for pointing that out for me sometimes i don't know which way is up it must be my age, I was just trying to help

Old 02-11-2018, 12:45 AM
mikemtn
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Moving post, didn't mean to quote.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:50 AM
mikemtn
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SJMaye

I've been trading at Two Rivers Ford for many years. I'm not sure if I've saved a lot if any or not but I've gotten used to dealing with them. They're in Mt. Juliet now as I'm sure you're familiar with. I had to break in a new salesman the last time. I drew Doc and got along great with him.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:56 AM
Crop Duster
Logistics Pro

Received 519 Likes on 412 Posts
I would suggest do some research on line and figure out what the invoice price is on the exact truck you want. If you can get a price anywhere near the invoice price you're getting a pretty good deal. Unless of course they have something that has been around so long they're just tired of looking at it. And of course no matter what state you buy it in the TN dept. of revenue is going to take their pound of flesh.

Quick Reply: Need Dealership Recommendations in Southeast