Please Review Torque Pro Log Files: Injector Issues? - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page > Please Review Torque Pro Log Files: Injector Issues?
Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Review Torque Pro Log Files: Injector Issues?

Old 02-03-2018, 10:09 AM
ExPACamper
Almost there
ExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant future
This was not wide-open throttle this is only a small part of the entire run, it looks like just when I started getting moving really.
This was the top speed in your log file.

Please add tps and rpm and ebp to the next run. You can see the titles for the missing pids in the data chart above.

Only mfd is not often used

Posted from my phone

Old 03-13-2018, 10:36 AM
exbxtoy
Senior User
exbxtoy has a good reputation on FTE.exbxtoy has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
Is that a WOT run? The tuning and HPOP look good, but your air is atrocious. You have some serious air or exhaust leaks somewhere.

For starters, do the KOEO test with BARO, EBP, and MAP - to find out how accurate your sensors are. I would also look for soot anywhere under the hood - soot doesn't belong there in any form.

If those tests all pass, then I'd like to see EBP and MAP (not boost) included in the next run.
Tugly, could you explain what the KOEO Baro, ebp, and the Map test are and how to perform the test, and what the results should be to indicate that the sensors are working?

I tried to use the PID's in the Ford TorquePro list for Coolant temp and throttle position, and they returned no value in the log (see attaached) I still need to go back and add the right TPS and MAP.Coolant temperature(From TCM)( įF) and ThrottlePosition(Actual( į)

Attached Files
Old 03-20-2018, 07:27 PM
exbxtoy
Senior User
I did the KOEO and got MAP 14.1, EBP 14.1 and BARO (intake pressure) 14.2.

here is the latest log file. I would appreciate you guys lookin at it now that I included MAP, And fuel pedal position.

as a note, I do have RiffRaffís over boost code regulator hooked up, so the boost numbers wonít show past 21 PSI. WOT the fuel pressure is not dipping below 55, from an average of 62 PSI.

Attached Files
Old 03-21-2018, 06:27 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by exbxtoy View Post
....as a note, I do have RiffRaffís over boost code regulator hooked up, so the boost numbers wonít show past 21 PSI. WOT the fuel pressure is not dipping below 55, from an average of 62 PSI.
I was just gunna say I didn't like that EBP/boost spread at WOT, then the OCR comment cleared it all up for me.

I dip to 50 PSI at WOT with my 160/100s.

I don't see anything that calls my attention to an issue once the engine is warm and the OCR is factored in.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:53 AM
exbxtoy
Senior User
I was just gunna say I didn't like that EBP/boost spread at WOT, then the OCR comment cleared it all up for me.

I dip to 50 PSI at WOT with my 160/100s.

I don't see anything that calls my attention to an issue once the engine is warm and the OCR is factored in.
Just to clarify what youíre saying is you donít see any issues with the new files that I posted? ( Note that the log files just posted are running stock tuning, with the Hydra removed) Iím still trying to figure out why my fuel mileage is suffering so bad. Was averaging 19 miles per gallon not towing, mostly highway miles, very Light-foot, now Iím getting 12.7 miles per gallon at best. Just wondering if thereís anything in the numbers that reveal an issue? If not, then I might have to look elsewhere.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:37 AM
Wesley Green
Senior User
Wesley Green is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Winter fuel vs summer blend?

Old 03-21-2018, 08:49 AM
exbxtoy
Senior User
Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
Winter fuel vs summer blend?
Good question, this persists from this past Summer. The average is over about a 7 month period that I continually saw a decline in due Econ.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:03 AM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Not to derail, but on a cold engine, if one was to see 17.5-18psi ebp reading and map at 14.5/7 ish at idle...this raise a flag?

Old 03-22-2018, 07:36 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
Not to derail, but on a cold engine, if one was to see 17.5-18psi ebp reading and map at 14.5/7 ish at idle...this raise a flag?

Naw... the EBPV is likely partially closed. When I have full EBPV with high idle, I can exceed 20 PSI exhaust "boost" above atmospheric pressure.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:51 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Naw... the EBPV is likely partially closed. When I have full EBPV with high idle, I can exceed 20 PSI exhaust "boost" above atmospheric pressure.
what about, if its gutted

Old 03-23-2018, 06:08 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
2-3 PSI exhaust boost when cold. High idle? I don't have a gutted EBPV, so I can't be certain what the reading would be on a cold engine with high idle - but those numbers don't sound like an issue.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:54 AM
exbxtoy
Senior User
Originally Posted by exbxtoy View Post

Just to clarify what youíre saying is you donít see any issues with the new files that I posted? ( Note that the log files just posted are running stock tuning, with the Hydra removed) Iím still trying to figure out why my fuel mileage is suffering so bad. Was averaging 19 miles per gallon not towing, mostly highway miles, very Light-foot, now Iím getting 12.7 miles per gallon at best. Just wondering if thereís anything in the numbers that reveal an issue? If not, then I might have to look elsewhere.
@tugly, before this thread gets further off track from where I started it could you verify or rather clarify that you donít see any issues from the log files I posted? I really appreciate your experience as Iím trying to get a baseline for what Iím dealing with on my excursion.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:08 PM
Tugly
Post Fiend
I looked hard at the first file you posted, and it is a very hot tune. The last file you posted looked good, and I'm curious if you've been running it long enough to get MPG numbers on your calculator.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:30 PM
exbxtoy
Senior User
I looked hard at the first file you posted, and it is a very hot tune. The last file you posted looked good, and I'm curious if you've been running it long enough to get MPG numbers on your calculator.
Thanks for looking. I ran the hot tune in that configuration for about 6 months or so, with an average of 13 MPG no towing, mostly highway miles driving 32 miles round trip to work daily. I haven't done any fuel mileage calculations now that I pulled the Hydra off.

I think the obvious point is is I need to drive it for awhile without any tunes, and see what kind of fuel mileage I get. Do you have any other tips or tricks of things to check?

Appreciate it!

Old 03-24-2018, 06:25 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Based on the data, I'd say the main thing to focus on is to select a different tune on the Hydra - there are a gajillion in the library. The base rules are:
  • Without serious physical modifications to the truck (beyond quickie mods), the optimal tow tune for heavy loads is about 40 HP - while keeping an eye on EGTs.
  • The stock injectors and stock tuning leave about 60-65 HP on the table to tap into with performance tuning. In translation, that means Ford didn't put an injector in there that's capable of 140 HP more than stock tuning - that's bad engineering. If you want to realistically boost performance (without expecting improvements in MPG), stick with the 60-65 HP tunes.
  • I know those 80, 100, and 140 HP tunes give the impression of way more power, but the proof is in the stopwatch - not your ***.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.