2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Spray-in bed liner... what’s the best ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 10:03 AM
Mack3006
Tuned
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Spray-in bed liner... what’s the best ?

Need to have my bed sprayed. I have a lin-x, rinoLine, Tuff, and CustomLining. All these are places by me.
I know the Custom Lining is high pressured spray so finishes smoother that most.
All the places I have called are roughly the same price.

Do u guys have any recommendations or what NOT to use. I plan on keeping the truck for 10 years

My truck is not used for work or any heavy duty consistent use.
And I will be getting a Roll up hard cover

Old 01-29-2018, 10:09 AM
bhbdvm
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think all 3 would suit your needs. My Rhino liner applied a few weeks ago was a high pressure application. The products are close to the same but the prep and applicators make a difference. If you are concerned I would inquire about the prep and application versus the actual product. Do they remove bolts in the bed, lighting if applicable, over seams toward the bulk head and tailgate, under the rails, etc. You may want to inquire if they do truck beds for dealers in your town. I would think a dealer would want someone who does a good job.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:10 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Mack3006
Need to have my bed sprayed. I have a lin-x, rinoLine, Tuff, and CustomLining places all by me.
I know the Custom Lining is high pressured spray so finishes smoother that most.
All the places I have called are roughly the same price.

Do u guys have any recommendations or what NOT to use. I plan on keeping the truck for 10 years

My truck is not used for work or any heavy duty consistent use.
And I will be getting a Roll up hard cover
Line-X hands down, did a trailer bed that sat out in the sun for almost 10 years, little fading, rugged stuff. My '17 has Rino, only because there was not a Line-X in the small town I bought my truck in..its stained (from what I have no idea), its beat up in spite of the only thing I carry in the back is 5 gal plastic buckets and is fading already after just barely a year and my truck is kept inside my barn.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:10 AM
Gonza_Que
New User
I just had Rhino sprayed on mine last week. Not much experience with it, but it sure does look good. I would be willing to bet if the surface is prepped adequately and the installer is good, most any liner is going to be fine. especially if its kept under a cover.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:18 AM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Depends on the skill of the installer. My line-x guy was a window tinting, floormat dealer kind of guy. My Rhino liner guy does nothing but truck beds 24/7.

I took it to the Rhino lining guy. I would have been happy with either.

Usually, Rhino lining is more rubbery, good grip, easier to clean. Line-x is more plastic-y. Rougher like sand paper. Not fun to walk bare foot on. Slippery if you wear off the grit, but far more durable. Rhino lining does offer a Line-x type spray now, I don't know if anyone uses it. My installer didn't even offer it.

I have standard old fashioned Rhino and love it. About $500 IIRC. He added two 1" drain holes at the front of the bed that work great. I hate frozen water in my bed. ( I don't want to add weight to the bed in the winter like others do)

Old 01-29-2018, 10:20 AM
CBEllis
Laughing Gas
Received 80 Likes on 44 Posts
^^^ Gonza’s right. It’s all about prep. I like Line-X because it seems thinner and more durable. But I’ve had Tuff and it was rubbery and super-thick (had to weigh a ton!). Research them if they’re close, check out their shop - if you get a good impression and like the material, there’s your shop of choice.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:30 AM
Mack3006
Tuned
Originally Posted by bhbdvm
I think all 3 would suit your needs. My Rhino liner applied a few weeks ago was a high pressure application. The products are close to the same but the prep and applicators make a difference. If you are concerned I would inquire about the prep and application versus the actual product. Do they remove bolts in the bed, lighting if applicable, over seams toward the bulk head and tailgate, under the rails, etc. You may want to inquire if they do truck beds for dealers in your town. I would think a dealer would want someone who does a good job.
Dealer offered the Tuff Liner. I’ll have to check on who does it.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:38 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
I've had Rhino, Toff (what you guys call Tuff is actually Toff), Line-X, and Ford factory spray in. Here's my opinions:

1. 2012 F-250 CCSB....Rhino. Cost was $450. Liner was sprayed thin, reasonably grippy...liner was hard. Faded fairly quickly.

2. 2015 F-350 CCSB....Toff. Cost was $600(!) performed by local GMC dealer because it was nearby. Liner was thick and rubbery, although not applied evenly.

3. 2016 F-350 CCSB....Line-X. Cost was $500. Relatively thin liner, but this had the most grip of all of them. Did not fade and was likely my favorite.

4. 2016 F-250 CCSB + 2017 F-350 CCLB....Ford "ToughBed" liner. Cost was $495. The 2016 truck had a plastic tailgate liner (yuck) and a spray-in bed liner. The 2017 truck had a full spray in liner. Both liners looked great, did not fade, but were more slippery than any other.

I'm now on my second 2017 truck, this time an F-250 CCSB and I'm planning on a Line-X for this truck. I like the extra grip and nice appearance of the liner.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:55 AM
Mack3006
Tuned
Originally Posted by troverman
I've had Rhino, Toff (what you guys call Tuff is actually Toff), Line-X, and Ford factory spray in. Here's my opinions:

1. 2012 F-250 CCSB....Rhino. Cost was $450. Liner was sprayed thin, reasonably grippy...liner was hard. Faded fairly quickly.

2. 2015 F-350 CCSB....Toff. Cost was $600(!) performed by local GMC dealer because it was nearby. Liner was thick and rubbery, although not applied evenly.

3. 2016 F-350 CCSB....Line-X. Cost was $500. Relatively thin liner, but this had the most grip of all of them. Did not fade and was likely my favorite.

4. 2016 F-250 CCSB + 2017 F-350 CCLB....Ford "ToughBed" liner. Cost was $495. The 2016 truck had a plastic tailgate liner (yuck) and a spray-in bed liner. The 2017 truck had a full spray in liner. Both liners looked great, did not fade, but were more slippery than any other.

I'm now on my second 2017 truck, this time an F-250 CCSB and I'm planning on a Line-X for this truck. I like the extra grip and nice appearance of the liner.
Good advice. Thanks. Yes it is TOFF. That what my local Ford dealer sells. I was in between LinX and TOFF. I just looked it up and Linex has 5 different sprays.

Old 01-29-2018, 11:33 AM
bhbdvm
Junior User
Originally Posted by Mack3006
Good advice. Thanks. Yes it is TOFF. That what my local Ford dealer sells. I was in between LinX and TOFF. I just looked it up and Linex has 5 different sprays.
My "Rhino" liner dealer has more than one spray. I don't know if they actually use the Rhino liners. In years past I thought of Rhino as a low pressure application and was more rubbery/soft on the feel. That has not been my impressions the past 3 liners I have had applied by this particular "Rhino liner" dealer. I keep going to them because they have consistently done a great job with prepping ( I was watched two of the preps ) and just how they did the things I learned later that they should have done. My choice would be Rhino or Line X but the prep and application would be my priority in making the choice.

Old 01-29-2018, 11:36 AM
Barbero
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just curious why you didn't order the factory spray in bed liner?

Old 01-29-2018, 11:59 AM
Mack3006
Tuned
Originally Posted by Barbero
Just curious why you didn't order the factory spray in bed liner?
I didn’t order a truck, wish I could have but I got a great deal on mine. If I could have ordered I would have got the liner, rubber floors, no clearance lights.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Barbero
Senior User
Okay that makes sense. I have a truck on order and I was hoping you weren't going to say something along the lines that you heard the Ford factory liner was crap...
also, FWIW, I have a large metal 2-wheel wheelbarrow at home that I had sprayed with Rhino liner. Constantly loading it and unloading it with rocks and gravel and Bricks Etc it's lasted 15 years so far. I love it!

Old 01-29-2018, 12:23 PM
eryoung
Tuned
Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts
Have had Line X on 2 of my trucks, Love it!

Old 01-29-2018, 12:25 PM
disker
Senior User
Thumbs down factory bedliner---don't like it!

My XLT came with the factory bed liner which I thought at the time was an added bonus. WRONG! I had an ARE full door canopy put on the truck and I am still sealing all the places water comes into the bed ---with silicon. I first noticed you could see though the joints between the floor and the side walls (modular). I called my dealer and he said that's how Ford designed them so water would run out --- yeah right. I have had to seal all the joints between the various panels and all the plastic plugs in the bed and think i might finally have it sealed--- so water does not come up into the bed. I asked a Linex guy if he could spray the product over the Ford liner and he said sure ---if you remove all the silicon in the cracks!! He aslo said all the manufactures boxes are getting more and more difficult to keep sealed up if you have a cap on the truck and want it dry inside. Not impressed with the Ford liner at all, wish I could have Linex or Rhino liner.

Quick Reply: Spray-in bed liner... what’s the best ?