Always something, but I love her anyways. - Page 6 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Always something, but I love her anyways.

Old 02-13-2018, 05:35 PM
Almost there

ExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant future
Looking good! You'll REALLY like those new mirrors
Old 02-16-2018, 04:42 PM
Elder User

afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.
You've got a good looking truck Sous!

I finally ordered some replacement dually flare markers since I've been missing the passenger side from the previous owners goof up. Hopefully these fit as good as factory. I think the smoked lenses will look good with the black truck, and the smoked lenses in the mirrors. I may end up doing smoked cab lights too
Old 02-16-2018, 05:07 PM
Post Fiend

Sous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant future
I think you are spot on with how they will look. Keep us posted...
Old 02-18-2018, 11:53 AM
Elder User

I got the marker lights on the mirrors wired up. It's worth say I g that these mirrors have both marker and signal lights. I'll have to get a picture, but I'm not real impressed with the color of the marker. It seems very white, and doesn't match my bright LED cab lights at all. I'm going to try to figure out how to get the bulb out (if it's replaceable) and put a brighter, Amber bulb behind it. That should get it closer. Still happy with the purchase though. I was going to wire the park and signal lights together, so they came on together as a marker and forgo the signal, but the lens for the signal is angled more to the side and didn't look right. Heat will be hooked up once I source a timed switch. I'm posting the wiring for the mirror connector here for future reference in a search.

TAGS: 08 mirror swap conversion wiring

Old Yesterday, 07:36 AM
Elder User

Smoked markers came in yesterday and look awesome. Much better than the red and yellow and now I have light on both sides. Quality of the lights seemed very good, fit was tight, and the bulbs they came with are fairly bright.

Old Yesterday, 08:42 AM
Post Fiend

timmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to behold
Showing the mrs the mirror pics now, to get the OK. Damn they look cool!
Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
Showing the mrs the mirror pics now, to get the OK. Damn they look cool!
Good luck! Well worth it!
Old Yesterday, 09:24 AM
Elder User

Just to add to the earlier post about the color of the marker lights in the mirrors, I was told by the company that the bulbs weren't replaceable. That is false. The bulbs are replaceable the same as the factory mirrors. There is a tab behind the mirror that releases the lens and you can get to both bulbs. I'm going to order some Amber leds for it and they should be good to go!
Old Today, 03:10 PM
Elder User

Well, my injector fund is taking another hit. This time to the tune of about $1100. One of my calipers failed yesterday, so it's time for a complete brake overhaul. 4 new calipers, rotors pads, and soft brake lines. Plus I'm breaking down and taking her to the stealership to have my leaking pinion seal replaced. Hopefully then I'll be good for a while!
Old Today, 03:13 PM
Post Fiend

Sous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant future
I had to have my pinion seal replaced as well, but have a small family owned automotive shop available to me. They do great work, are very honest and their prices are very reasonable.

Do you need to replace all of the calipers, are they that bad? Do you know why it failed, could be just the line deteriorated internally and kept pressure on the caliper.