6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2015 6.7L Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 10:05 AM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 6.7L Tuners

Hi all,

I am guessing that this has been a regular topic of discussion, but I am hoping to get the latest and greatest from you guys. I want to tune my truck but I am looking for a few specific things:

- Switch on the Fly
- Tuner includes its own Display (not integrated with Smartphone etc...)
- Want to be able to change TPMS settings
- Want to be able to set tire size
- Don't want to go TOTALLY crazy, but get the maximum safely
- Need transmission shift mods included
- Need it to handle EGR/DPF Delete & Stock (remaining Stock for now)

Future upgrades will be limited to exhaust, intake, EGR/DPF Delete and thats about it.

Any advice you can offer would be great, There are so many choices out there I am just confused now

Old 01-22-2018, 10:56 AM
cangim
Postmaster
there are many vendors out there, checkout
https://www.alligatorperformance.com...oke_15_up_6_7l

SCT, Bullydog, and Edge are main players that I see for own display.
FWIW, I have an SCT X4 with tow tune only. My 7.3 I had 7 tunes with sotf, other than occasional smoke show, it pretty well sat on one setting majority of it's life.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:03 AM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Originally Posted by cangim
there are many vendors out there, checkout
https://www.alligatorperformance.com...oke_15_up_6_7l

SCT, Bullydog, and Edge are main players that I see for own display.
FWIW, I have an SCT X4 with tow tune only. My 7.3 I had 7 tunes with sotf, other than occasional smoke show, it pretty well sat on one setting majority of it's life.
Ya, I had my 7.3 with DP Tuner and loved the SOTF. It also had significantly more MODS too. I want SOTF mainly for switching between tow and daily driver, with a hint of nut job here and there ;-)

The SCT does all the things I want, but I don't know if I really like the design and I don't know much about it or the tunes it comes with, the others I don't think do EVERYTHING I want...

Some of the best I think are the EZLINK and the Patriot, but they don't have everything I want...

Looks like Bullydog does everything as well, I'll investigate that one further :-) Any thoughts on the Gearhead Tunes vs Tyrant Tunes?

Old 01-22-2018, 11:16 AM
cangim
Postmaster
I like my tyrant tune thus far, trans strategy is more like stock. As for Gearhead I do not have any experience with theirs. Just Rudy and Tyrant, ditching the Rudy tunes as didn't care for the shifting.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:42 AM
Superdave71
Tuned
Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
I am generally happy with Rudy tunes (SCTX4), but am unhappy with how they manage the exhast brake. The factory enable button doesn’t seem to work. It seems after talking with them they just use the same tune for the 15/16 as the 11-14, the EB only works in tow/haul mode.

I keep the tow tune in all the time.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:52 AM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Originally Posted by Superdave71
I am generally happy with Rudy tunes (SCTX4), but am unhappy with how they manage the exhast brake. The factory enable button doesn’t seem to work. It seems after talking with them they just use the same tune for the 15/16 as the 11-14, the EB only works in tow/haul mode.

Hmmm, thats kinda crappy...does the SCTX4 have SOTF and a touch display? It looked like a manual "Flash" programmer in photos... I am so mixed up on all these different units... hows the power?

Old 01-22-2018, 11:53 AM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Originally Posted by Superdave71

This one?

https://www.alligatorperformance.com...3l-powerstroke

Old 01-22-2018, 12:28 PM
cappa
Senior User
I have the patriot ndash, with the 5 stage sotf. Exhaust brake works better than stock and with the button. You cannot adjust for tire size or pressure but they are supposed to be adding the option. The display is really nice thou, comparable to the ctst 2. Mine is a 15 and power on the top tune is pretty impressive but also rolls some coal. Stage 1 barely has any smoke. I think they have emission present tunes as well but I'm not forsure on that as I deleted right away. I have also heard good things about tyrant thou, my neighbor is running it on a 11 and is quite happy. Not sure if they have sotf, he is just running one tune at a time flashed with sct.

Old 01-22-2018, 01:35 PM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Originally Posted by cappa
I have the patriot ndash, with the 5 stage sotf. Exhaust brake works better than stock and with the button. You cannot adjust for tire size or pressure but they are supposed to be adding the option. The display is really nice thou, comparable to the ctst 2. Mine is a 15 and power on the top tune is pretty impressive but also rolls some coal. Stage 1 barely has any smoke. I think they have emission present tunes as well but I'm not forsure on that as I deleted right away. I have also heard good things about tyrant thou, my neighbor is running it on a 11 and is quite happy. Not sure if they have sotf, he is just running one tune at a time flashed with sct.
Yes, the patriot is the one I like, but it doesn't have the TPMS or Tire Size changes and thats whats stopping me from buying it... if all these other guys can have it, whats so difficult to get it in there....
Want to tune now and delete later so need something that handles both scenarios.

Old 01-22-2018, 01:41 PM
cangim
Postmaster
tire size and tpms can be adjusted through forscan with a good obdII reader, scan tool mx blue tooth is the most common:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...uilt-data.html

Old 01-22-2018, 02:13 PM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Originally Posted by cangim
tire size and tpms can be adjusted through forscan with a good obdII reader, scan tool mx blue tooth is the most common:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...uilt-data.html
So... Are you saying that the free windows version of Forscan and the "Scantool MX Blue Tooth" will allow me to change those things? Or do I need the licenced version of Scantool?

Is this the Dongle you are referring to? Is this a good price?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/ScanTool-426...YAAOSw5VtaOClI

Old 01-22-2018, 10:10 PM
mxer0022
Cargo Master

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by fordzilla01
So... Are you saying that the free windows version of Forscan and the "Scantool MX Blue Tooth" will allow me to change those things? Or do I need the licenced version of Scantool?

Is this the Dongle you are referring to? Is this a good price?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/ScanTool-426...YAAOSw5VtaOClI
yes that is the Bluetooth adapter that you will need to run forscan. However you can find better prices on Amazon. Got mine for $80 I think. You will need to download the forscan program on Windows and then request the license key. The key is free as well.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:36 PM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Awesome!! Thank you!!!

Old 01-23-2018, 06:49 AM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts
Patriot fan here. The NDash will have the OST update out soon. That will allow for adjustment of the TPMS and other items. Until then, like mentioned above, ForScan can do all that stuff.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:20 AM
elee3
Fleet Mechanic
Received 229 Likes on 133 Posts
So, is Patriot just a new name for Spartan?

Quick Reply: 2015 6.7L Tuners