Sponsored by: DP Tuner

KC38R-366 Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 08:19 AM
mcnance865
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
He sent me an e-mail asking if I wanted on the list. I lost that e-mail. I sent another one just to customer service and haven't heard back. If you have a phone number send me a private message if you would. There's not one on there site that I could find.
I do not have a phone number. I just used email. Also, I do not have enough posts yet for private messages.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:38 PM
BLUEMAX65
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm back.. I installed a fuel pressure gauge and WOW do I need a fuel system. Even on a daily tune It drops down to 30 psi and won't recover till my foot is less then half throttle No wonder it only made the numbers I posted and EGT's were a little warm.

I hope I didn't do to much damage to my new injectors. But for now it's in gramps tune.

So let's discuss fuel systems...I have spoke to a few vendors and fellow 7.3 people but wanted to see what's everyone is running and there experiences.

I'll put up the video of the dyno runs I made this weekend.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:55 PM
mcnance865
Mountain Pass
This makes me realize I probably made the right choice going for the full irate super duty fuel system. I’m having one installed right now with 238/80 FFD, kc38r 366, adrenaline, RR plenums, RR boot kit, bellowed up pipes, a sump and harpoon mod. Should be a wholly different truck when I get it back!!!

I can’t really give you experience yet, but I think it will be best in the long run knowing the whole fuel system is up to the task.

Old 02-07-2018, 05:04 PM
BLUEMAX65
Senior User
Originally Posted by mcnance865
This makes me realize I probably made the right choice going for the full irate super duty fuel system. I’m having one installed right now with 238/80 FFD, kc38r 366, adrenaline, RR plenums, RR boot kit, bellowed up pipes, a sump and harpoon mod. Should be a wholly different truck when I get it back!!!

I can’t really give you experience yet, but I think it will be best in the long run knowing the whole fuel system is up to the task.

I totally agree. I thought the stock system would at least work for a bit.
Boy was I wrong. I can't wait to run this with some real fuel pressure.
Ive been told I should gain at least 60 rwhp and a bunch of torque. We will see.

What's the Irate superduty system are you running ? are you doing the basic or competition version?

Old 02-07-2018, 05:10 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,460 Likes on 2,850 Posts
Bluemax65, Any chance of seeing those dyno runs now that you are back and everyone is safe?

Old 02-07-2018, 05:17 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Refresh me, where is the KC turbo made? And what place did your dyno runs? I'm on there list for a turbo but they don't want to give out phone numbers. I know they are moving. I mitt just come up and do the whole thing in Phoenix at one time. I like your numbers. Any time you get two to one on HP and Torq it's a good tune. I also believe if you do the tank mods your numbers for fuel pressure would be way better.

Old 02-07-2018, 05:45 PM
BLUEMAX65
Senior User
Originally Posted by Sous
Bluemax65, Any chance of seeing those dyno runs now that you are back and everyone is safe?
Yes. My Lady is a RN and is working today. But when she gets home tonight I'll have her email the video to me and I will post them tomorrow.
I haven't posted a video before. I'm guessing to upload it to YouTube and post the link would be the easiest.

And her son is in a acute rehab and is doing much better.

Old 02-07-2018, 05:57 PM
BLUEMAX65
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
Refresh me, where is the KC turbo made? And what place did your dyno runs? I'm on there list for a turbo but they don't want to give out phone numbers. I know they are moving. I mitt just come up and do the whole thing in Phoenix at one time. I like your numbers. Any time you get two to one on HP and Torq it's a good tune. I also believe if you do the tank mods your numbers for fuel pressure would be way better.
Here in AZ. There was a local shop hosting the Arizona Powerstroke Club event. I meet with Charlie from KC Turbo real nice guy. But if your interested I can hook you up with the shop I got my KC38R-366 from. He can get you one with in a week.

I'm still trying to come up with a plan for a fuel system. I have eliminated a few options. But looking forward to getting it going.

Old 02-07-2018, 06:53 PM
mcnance865
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by BLUEMAX65
What's the Irate superduty system are you running ? are you doing the basic or competition version?
I will be running the Irate Diesel Standard Super Duty Fuel System
Plus I will also be using a sump.

Old 02-07-2018, 08:05 PM
The Brad
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm back.. I installed a fuel pressure gauge and WOW do I need a fuel system. Even on a daily tune It drops down to 30 psi and won't recover till my foot is less then half throttle No wonder it only made the numbers I posted and EGT's were a little warm.

I hope I didn't do to much damage to my new injectors. But for now it's in gramps tune.

So let's discuss fuel systems...I have spoke to a few vendors and fellow 7.3 people but wanted to see what's everyone is running and there experiences.

I'll put up the video of the dyno runs I made this weekend.
Which ever route you go, you’ll definitely need a more capable pump. For reliability, you can’t beat dual stock pumps!

Old 02-07-2018, 08:07 PM
BLUEMAX65
Senior User
I have been thinking about a sump myself. I wonder what's the pro's and con's to either are. I like the Idea of a sump but you don't hear alot of opinions either way. Seems like it would be a better choice compared to buying a larger draw straw cash wise,

Old 02-07-2018, 08:12 PM
BLUEMAX65
Senior User
Originally Posted by The Brad
Which ever route you go, you’ll definitely need a more capable pump. For reliability, you can’t beat dual stock pumps!
I was hoping you would chime in

Can you run the dual pumps next to each other? One in the factory location and another next to it utilizing the factory harness or add a new run for the other pump? And should I consider a regulate return system at this point?

Sorry for all the questions

Old 02-07-2018, 08:54 PM
The Brad
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven’t installed mine yet, but I’m gonna keep the fuel bowl and FRX. For the wiring, I bought the harness from Strictly Diesel, but you could just run power from the battery to a relay that’s activated by power from the 1st pump. I’m also thinking of adding a switch in the cab to disable the 2nd pump until I need it. The stock pick up will be fine for your injectors once you do the hutch mod and a pre-pump filter. I considered using a sump, but for one, they’re illegal and two, I’d have to modify my tank skid plate. As for the regulated return, I’ll see how the stock FPR does. If I have to delete the bowl a do a full regulated return, I’ll add a fuel cooler to cool the return fuel.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:44 PM
mcnance865
Mountain Pass
And should I consider a regulate return system at this point?
I believe you should, as the dead head system that is stock could mess up those injectors. This is one of the first and many times one of the only few mods that people do.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:07 AM
BLUEMAX65
Senior User
I finally got the video"s uploaded late last night.

The first one is from inside the truck with the windows down inside a building.
Sous this for is for you.

Next one is a buddy of mine from +- 30 feet away.

Quick Reply: KC38R-366 Dyno results