1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

2001 e150, i think its time for plugs? which brand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 10:51 PM
baddad457
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by wirelessengineer
Nope. That's a common misconception, but electricity flows at less than the speed of light. The difference is called the "velocity factor".

It's not about how fast electricity flows anyway. It's about how fast a charge builds up until a spark develops, which is orders of magnitude LESS than the speed of electricity.

It's not an argument, it's a fact.

Actually it comes from having knowledge of the subject, and the intelligence to use that knowledge to good effect. It's one thing to have facts, it's another to understand them.
Okay, now you're telling me the coil cannot keep up with the spark demand if the plug gap is .040 wider ? Really ! Imagine that ! As I was reading these " facts" I was also rolling my pants legs up . Yea, the ****'s getting that deep .

Old 01-26-2018, 06:36 AM
Im50fast
Cargo Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
The velocity factor has nothing to do with the gap of a spark plug.

Your problem is evidenced yet again in your lack of reading comprehension.
I was simply following your rabbit trail. Maybe your negative emotions against me are clouding your comprehension. - The point was to ask you “how critical can the gap be, if doubling it (baddad) or nearly tripling it (im50fast) doesn’t make much difference in performance?”That’s the point I’ve been making since this thread started.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:30 PM
wirelessengineer
More Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by baddad457
Okay, now you're telling me the coil cannot keep up with the spark demand if the plug gap is .040 wider ?
No, that's not what I'm telling you. If you had the first clue about how the system works, you wouldn't have jumped to that ridiculous conclusion.

Originally Posted by Im50fast
I was simply following your rabbit trail.
No, you were completely misunderstanding what I said. Like baddad, your reading comprehension isn't good, and it's not helped by the depth of your ignorance on the subject.

You both have the same problem. There is so much here you don't know about, and don't even know that you don't know, and you have misunderstood so much of what you think you know, that you can't even understand what you are being told.

I could explain the process to you, and the factors that matter, and it wouldn't do you even one bit of good.

You both help yourselves greatly if you would get over the idea that you know what you are talking about, and go on YouTube and learn some basics.

But I doubt that's going to happen. You've both proven over and over that you aren't even a little bit interested in learning.

So go on your way, smugly secure in your ignorance. It's what people like you do.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:37 PM
baddad457
Post Fiend
No, that's not what I'm telling you. If you had the first clue about how the system works, you wouldn't have jumped to that ridiculous conclusion.

No, you were completely misunderstanding what I said, because of the depth of your ignorance of the subject.

You both have the same problem. There is so much here you don't know about, and don't even know that you don't know, and you have misunderstood so much of what you think you know, that you can't even understand what you are being told.

I could explain the process to you, and the factors that matter, and it wouldn't do you even one bit of good.

You both help yourselves greatly if you would get over the idea that you know what you are talking about, and go on YouTube and learn some basics.

But I doubt that's going to happen.
WOW ! Your superior intelligence is dazzling. Gotta put on my shades ! You profess to know so much more than everyone else here but have yet to explain it all......................... I wonder why ?

Old 01-31-2018, 11:47 PM
Im50fast
Cargo Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

No, you were completely misunderstanding what I said. Like baddad, your reading comprehension isn't good, and it's not helped by the depth of your ignorance on the subject.

But I doubt that's going to happen. You've both proven over and over that you aren't even a little bit interested in learning.

So go on your way, smugly secure in your ignorance. It's what people like you do.
very rude.
you offer nothing here. All you have done on this thread is disagree and insult people. Talk about ignorance

You haven’t addressed the questions and points we brought up, and you haven’t even offered your own facts to support your position. Just go away.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:04 PM
vettex2
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Funny how a consensus is growing

Old 02-02-2018, 12:14 PM
baddad457
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by vettex2
Funny how a consensus is growing
Damn, that same response is what happens when Global Warming/Climate Change is challenged. (which by the way has been happening since the earth was formed, yet man was nowhere around when most of it occurred) And since when does 3 people's opinion (without facts to back it up) constitute a consensus ?

Old 02-02-2018, 12:29 PM
vettex2
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by baddad457
Damn, that same response is what happens when Global Warming/Climate Change is challenged. (which by the way has been happening since the earth was formed, yet man was nowhere around when most of it occurred) And since when does 3 people's opinion (without facts to back it up) constitute a consensus ?
my post has zero to do with sparkplugs

Old 02-02-2018, 12:53 PM
baddad457
Post Fiend
But still yet, 3 people's opinions don't constitute a consensus. Let it go.................Or better yet, post it there, might make something off it.

Old 02-02-2018, 03:51 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
ENOUGH

A lot of you seem to not have a basic understanding of personal etiquette. I'm left wondering if your parents taught you how to behave in public. Or were you all the ones that would take candy off the shelf at the supermarket at 5 years old and SCREAM BLOODY MURDER when Mommy took it away?

Almost everyone in this thread has a valid point at some time or another. And yet, everyone else seems to completely turn a blind eye to that and worse, pick on it like a scab that is not allowed to heal.Give it up and move on. If you can't there's a door around here you can leave through. Don't let it hit you in the *** on the way out.

Long standing feuds are out in the open here in this thread, and it has to stop.

Thread closed until the forum mods can take care of it.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:35 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Thanks, Art.

Wow. Definitely need to spend more time in the van forum. I'm not trying to salvage this one, we'd be almost back to the first post. This one is staying closed, the OP is welcome to start another thread if he'd like to have a civilized technical discussion, which is what we are all here for.