Delivery Time & COTUS - F350? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Delivery Time & COTUS - F350?

Reply

 
 
 
  #1  
Old 01-19-2018, 06:40 PM
ERAUGrad04
ERAUGrad04 is offline
Junior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 86
ERAUGrad04 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ERAUGrad04 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Delivery Time & COTUS - F350?

Hi All!

First post on FTE!

Earlier this week (1/16), I placed an order for a 2018 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum and was curious if folks had any input on rough delivery times. My dealer told me 8-10 weeks and I am kinda planning for 12, but what have delivery times been for those that have recently taken delivery of their truck?

Also, can a 350 be tracked in COTUS? I've done a little digging on the forum and there seems to be mixed results. The dealer sent me the VIN today, but no luck using it in COTUS.

Thanks y'all!
ERAU
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-19-2018, 06:59 PM
Dagwood_55
Dagwood_55 is offline
Junior User
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 66
Dagwood_55 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I ordered my 350 on Jan 9th. My dealer salesman emailed me today and said it was showing a build date for the week of Feb 12th.
Which sounds good to me.

Now how long from KY to AR if it's built that week??? That is the question...
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-19-2018, 07:00 PM
ERAUGrad04
ERAUGrad04 is offline
Junior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 86
ERAUGrad04 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ERAUGrad04 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Dagwood_55 View Post
I ordered my 350 on Jan 9th. My dealer salesman emailed me today and said it was showing a build date for the week of Feb 12th.
Which sounds good to me.

Now how long from KY to AR if it's built that week??? That is the question...
Wow! From order to build in 5 weeks. Maybe the quote of 8-10 weeks wasn't that far off!

Thanks for chiming in!
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-19-2018, 07:12 PM
xxxsherpa
xxxsherpa is online now
Elder User
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 846
xxxsherpa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.xxxsherpa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I think the F350 is covered in the "ETIS" program. I used that and "Ford Chat" to help with my wait.
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-19-2018, 08:35 PM
Larrymac52
Larrymac52 is online now
Elder User
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 623
Larrymac52 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My order went in according to my dealer on De.27.
Not located in COTUS yet, nor any news whatsoever on my truck build.😩
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-20-2018, 09:42 PM
Larrymac52
Larrymac52 is online now
Elder User
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 623
Larrymac52 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ERAUGrad04 View Post
Hi All!

First post on FTE!

Earlier this week (1/16), I placed an order for a 2018 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum and was curious if folks had any input on rough delivery times. My dealer told me 8-10 weeks and I am kinda planning for 12, but what have delivery times been for those that have recently taken delivery of their truck?

Also, can a 350 be tracked in COTUS? I've done a little digging on the forum and there seems to be mixed results. The dealer sent me the VIN today, but no luck using it in COTUS.

Thanks y'all!
ERAU
well I got my vin today thanks to you after showing my GM you got a vin after ordering on 1/16 while I hadnít received a Vin after ordering on 12/27. Still no notice on the build and not in COTUS yet even with the VIN.
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-20-2018, 11:19 PM
ERAUGrad04
ERAUGrad04 is offline
Junior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 86
ERAUGrad04 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ERAUGrad04 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Larrymac52 View Post
well I got my vin today thanks to you after showing my GM you got a vin after ordering on 1/16 while I hadnít received a Vin after ordering on 12/27. Still no notice on the build and not in COTUS yet even with the VIN.
Glad to hear you got a VIN. Did you order a 250 or 350?

I'm not showing anything in COTUS for my 350, but some general info in available in ETIS, but no build date.
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-20-2018, 11:31 PM
Larrymac52
Larrymac52 is online now
Elder User
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 623
Larrymac52 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ERAUGrad04 View Post
Glad to hear you got a VIN. Did you order a 250 or 350?

I'm not showing anything in COTUS for my 350, but some general info in available in ETIS, but no build date.
350 Lariat
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-20-2018, 11:34 PM
ERAUGrad04
ERAUGrad04 is offline
Junior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 86
ERAUGrad04 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ERAUGrad04 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Larrymac52 View Post
350 Lariat
My understanding is 350 and greater are not available for tracking in the COTUS system.

ETIS appears to be the only way to track, however, the build date will only populate after the truck has been built.
 
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-21-2018, 12:05 AM
Precisionair's Avatar
Precisionair
Precisionair is offline
Junior User
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Grandview Texas
Posts: 89
Precisionair is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ordered my 250 XLT November 1st, drove it off the lot December 23.
 
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-21-2018, 05:24 AM
acadianbob's Avatar
acadianbob
acadianbob is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 612
acadianbob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.acadianbob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Precisionair View Post
Ordered my 250 XLT November 1st, drove it off the lot December 23.
That is astounding.
 
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-21-2018, 02:34 PM
OEM
OEM is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 150
OEM is starting off with a positive reputation.
We're on our SECOND order because the dealer messed up the first one, and neither truck shows up in COTUS or ETIS.

Ford sucks at order tracking. I hate it.
 
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-21-2018, 03:23 PM
ERAUGrad04
ERAUGrad04 is offline
Junior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 86
ERAUGrad04 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ERAUGrad04 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Precisionair View Post
Ordered my 250 XLT November 1st, drove it off the lot December 23.
That's crazy! 7 weeks from order would be a nice surprise, but I'm definitely not counting on that!
 
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-21-2018, 03:25 PM
ERAUGrad04
ERAUGrad04 is offline
Junior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 86
ERAUGrad04 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ERAUGrad04 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by OEM View Post
We're on our SECOND order because the dealer messed up the first one, and neither truck shows up in COTUS or ETIS.

Ford sucks at order tracking. I hate it.
This is my first time tracking a Ford vehicle and the tracking tools available are lacking. I've ordered two Jeep's in the past 4 years and their tool, while not perfect, gave reasonable information about the process and timeline.
 
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-21-2018, 03:26 PM
Blwnsmoke
Blwnsmoke is online now
Elder User
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 949
Blwnsmoke is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Blwnsmoke is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by OEM View Post
We're on our SECOND order because the dealer messed up the first one, and neither truck shows up in COTUS or ETIS.

Ford sucks at order tracking. I hate it.
No they don't, the dealer has full access to ever aspect of the delivery status.

My FUSION, every detail, time and date detail you would want.




dealer can see it all, they just don't want to be bothered by everyone owner every day or week about what the status is.
 
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Delivery Time & COTUS - F350?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.