More Fuel problems! Ford is no help! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

More Fuel problems! Ford is no help!

Old 01-19-2018, 08:27 AM
New User

15f350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
More Fuel problems! Ford is no help!

Waiting for my third tow because of ongoing low fuel pressure/reduced power mode problems. Air is getting in the system somehow and multiple dealers state everything tests fine and they can't find anything. Did I mention Roadside assistance takes at least 3 hours for a tow!! should have called AAA. They have a wrecker to you in 15 minutes!!! Never again will I buy a Diesel truck, and at this rate, it's time to go back to a GM. Oh, truck was purchased Brand NEW in 2015 by me! No one else ever owned it. It currently has 31,000 miles on it. What a JOKE!!!!!! I hope someone from corporate sees this!!!
Old 01-19-2018, 08:46 AM
Postmaster

Chuck's First Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.
biggest problem... not just FORD...

pickup trucks with diesel engines are SOLD by Car dealerships.... and many MIGHT have 1 diesel mechanic... some NONE...

my opinion.

I do wish you luck.. after the warranty is over.. find a MID size truck repair shop. that mostly work on diesel engines...

for this case.. ask dealership to call Ford Tech Support for help..
Old 01-19-2018, 09:17 AM
Disgruntled Texan

texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15f350 View Post
I hope someone from corporate sees this!!!
Good luck with that. This is a place where people try to fix our own problems and is not in any way associated with Ford at all, so if you'd like Ford to become involved you need to contact them directly. There used to be a service rep team on here, but they went away about a year ago:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/member.php?u=574652
Old 01-19-2018, 10:08 AM
Postmaster

m-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputation
Old 01-19-2018, 11:27 AM
Junior User

RailDawg is starting off with a positive reputation.
By chance did you put DEF into your fuel tank by mistake?

Just cost me $9500 to replace entire fuel system as owner before me put DEF in the wrong tank.

Caused corrosion with metal in fuel system.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:10 PM
New User

No DeF in the fuel tank. I dont think there is an additive cap in there either. This started at 21,000 and ended about 5,000 later. Not the problem is back. Truck is all stock. I dont plan to keep it long enough to find another mechanic, especially since I had a diesel shop look at it. I'm done with diesel
Old 01-19-2018, 05:48 PM
Junior User

Phil-turbodiesel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phil-turbodiesel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have felt that way a few times. The closest I came to trading for a gasser was a very embarrassing day when me and three others (my brothers) were all hitched up for a camping trip. We just started hauling the fifth wheels when my WIF sensor came on. I had the newest strongest truck, pulled over in the break down lane draining my fuel filter but no water to be found. This is the third time this happened and I never get a hint of water. It usually shuts off after a day or two. This time it would not shut off and entered reduced power mode. I went home and they went on the trip. It cleared the next day.
When the truck is not turning on the WIF, I love it and could not consider trading it.
BTW I am a air frame and power plant mechanic, I know how to check for water in the fuel. I never find the slightest hint of water in my drain glass. I even let it sit overnight one time to separate (just in case I'm missing something). Nothing.
It's gotta be the sensor going bad. I gotta make the time to get it replaced.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:49 PM
Elder User

DogRidesInBack is starting off with a positive reputation.
Most folks that go to diesel do so for practical reasons such as lots of heavy towing.

A smaller number do it because they just want it.

And then there is me, I got my truck for such a low price that the extra attention and cost of diesel was irrelevant.

In these three situations, each warrants the effort and cost of finding good mechanics or learning to do the work ourselves. And for working through any frustrations with the complexities of the systems involved. This is a very DIY oriented forum.

I do understand your frustration at this point. You paid a lot of extra money for something that is not working for you and it is not getting fixed. Maybe you should investigate the lemon law... Anyway, I do have a question:

Why did you get a diesel?
Old 01-19-2018, 06:50 PM
Postmaster

speakerfritz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.speakerfritz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
diesel is very sensitive to cold temps....gelling restricts fuel flow....need to use anti-gel additives.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:15 PM
Elder User

ssunit1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ssunit1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I do understand your frustration at this point. You paid a lot of extra money for something that is not working for you and it is not getting fixed. Maybe you should investigate the lemon law... Anyway, I do have a question:

QUOTE]

Very good suggestion about the lemon law. You should still be under warranty.
Hope you're not in Canada...
Old 01-19-2018, 08:31 PM
New User

I use antigel. Never had it gel. I use Howes. I bought a diesel for longevity. I also plow and do some landscaping. I was religious about checking for water and never found any. The filters have been changed more than recommended due to all of these problems. The last two sets were clean, no dirt or debris. Truck has 31,000. A very reputable diesel shop couldn't find anything wrong with it the last time I had a problem. I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid. I do as much as I can and if I dont know how to do it, I Learn or have a professional do it. Or at least ford techs are supposed to be professionals? Right?
Old 01-20-2018, 08:44 AM
Postmaster

Chuck's First Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.
like I said,,,

have dealer call Ford Tech Support.. that is what they are there for.......

when local can not find or fix a problem...

or a direct call to Ford.... it is fixable.. but YOU MUST get involved...

every one has a Boss.. go UP THE LADDER... take names, and times/dates.

I am not use to FORD.. but I do know the Ladder. from the inside.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:26 AM
Elder User

DogRidesInBack is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Or at least ford techs are supposed to be professionals? Right?
They will also follow troubleshooting procedures. I am not factory trained, so I do not know what is in those procedures. Not sure there is a point in them for these symptoms where they need to pull the tank and check for a little round piece of paper intermittently sucking up into the fuel pickup.

Agree you need to push, but also keep in mind that firmness does not include being an angry umm, donkey.

If it is something warranty related, it will get taken care of. If you did lose a bottle seal into the tank, then a good attitude may reduce the amount of the bill.

I am not qualified to know if the actual root cause of your truck symptoms, but the experience of members here suggests a bottle seal might be the source. This is not something I would want to hear, but I would consider it a possibility.

Since it sounds like you are willing to wrench on your truck, maybe consider checking for this yourself even if the truck is under warranty? Drop the tank and look. At worst, you kill an otherwise good Saturday and find nothing. Not something I would want to do, I don't like shotgunning. I want a firm diagnosis and a fixed-cost solution.

Keep us posted on the path you choose. Dealer, independent shop, DIY, or flip the truck. And if you go any of the repair routes, I am curious what you find out.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:02 AM
Postmaster

professional has little to do with it.....

TIME, Man hours.. warranty.... less pay... dealer over work, over booked ..

the more people you Tell of a repeatable problem.. the more likely it will get fixed...

I can not help with diesel.. I did Gas.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:21 AM
Elder User

F350 1990 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Waiting for my third tow because of ongoing low fuel pressure/reduced power mode problems. Air is getting in the system somehow and multiple dealers state everything tests fine and they can't find anything. Did I mention Roadside assistance takes at least 3 hours for a tow!! should have called AAA. They have a wrecker to you in 15 minutes!!! Never again will I buy a Diesel truck, and at this rate, it's time to go back to a GM. Oh, truck was purchased Brand NEW in 2015 by me! No one else ever owned it. It currently has 31,000 miles on it. What a JOKE!!!!!! I hope someone from corporate sees this!!!
Ford Corporate is TOTAL MISMANAGEMENT (IN ITS PRIME, IN MOTION, WORST IN CLASS)--- their stock is getting hammered as we speak.