The New Bronco? - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2020 Bronco Discussion for the upcoming 2020 Ford Bronco!

The New Bronco?

Old 02-27-2018, 08:38 AM
YoGeorge
Postmaster
YoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Toyman View Post
So long as it is not Escape sized I will give it a look. Going to need to get the wife a new vehicle by then and she does not like the Escape at all.....
I did a size comparo a while back and the Everest (which is the basis of the Bronco) is almost exactly the size of the 2002-2010 Explorer and the current Edge at ~190" long. Toyota 4Runner is right there also and nobody is gonna find the 4Runner similar to the RAV4 (which is like the Escape).

The Escape is about 180" and is based on the Focus, so there is gonna be no similarity at all. The Bronco is gonna be a TRUCK based SUV and that is the reason I want one.

George

Old 02-27-2018, 09:43 AM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader
Toyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputation
So long as it is a bit wider it will be comfortable I think....

Old 07-20-2018, 01:54 PM
Overkill2
Senior User
Overkill2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Found this thread in the Blog article about the new 2020 Bronco. Reading quickly through the comments here, I admit you guys know a lot more about this subject than me. Chevy put the Blazer name on a 2019 crossover SUV that will appeal to the masses but is not actually worthy of that name IMHO. It's definitely not a truck. Ford also called out the Wrangler specifically, so my thought is that they will try to give a fresh but retro look to the truck that will honor the Bronco heritage while being an actual body on frame vehicle that can do what the Jeeps do. I can't imagine them hyping this up to come out with a Everest looking while capable SUV. I can see why Chevy did what they did with their new Blazer, but I don't see Ford doing the same thing. Being that they want to focus on SUVs and TRUCKS, I just think it makes sense that they come out with a competitive truck similar in function to the Wrangler while still honoring the traditional Bronco look.

I found these articles with some great conceptualization of possible ideas for the new Bronco:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...nco-four-door/

https://www.bronco6g.com/