The New Bronco? - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

2020 Bronco Discussion for the upcoming 2020 Ford Bronco!

The New Bronco?

Old 02-15-2018, 09:08 PM
Posting Guru

CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.
I have absolutely no insight but I just feel like this thing is gonna be on point. That Ranger looks real nice especially with some aftermarket personal touches.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:17 PM
Postmaster

YoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuNmUdF250 View Post
I have absolutely no insight but I just feel like this thing is gonna be on point. That Ranger looks real nice especially with some aftermarket personal touches.
And the Everest looks fine to me also with some mods. This ain't a car-based crossover and I like it. Ford will certainly make some styling changes like the metal bumpers they did on the Ranger. We'll see if they do something with removable roof panels or other styling cues.
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2018, 10:53 PM
New User

Watson300 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The Everest doesn’t look bad but it just doesn’t look like a Bronco no matter how I look at it. I’m not saying I would never buy one but I wouldn’t be overly excited about an Everest like I would a “true to its roots” Bronco. As a Ford fan, I hope the Bronco succeeds whether I like how it turns out or not.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:12 PM
Postmaster

YoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud of
Does a new F150 look like your truck? Why are you not offended about that? The 1966 Bronco is 52 years old and the 1978 Bronco is 40 years old. Ford may adopt some styling cues from the oldies but the automotive world has necessarily changed and buyers have expectations with regard to comfort and capability.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:31 PM
New User

Watson300 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I wasn’t saying that the new Bronco needed to look just like an old Bronco (even though Jeeps have had a similar look for decades). The Everest just looks like a “cookie cutter” SUV. Since it will be based on the Ranger, I’m thinking the front end of the Ranger with a Bronco rear half, like the renderings that were based on the F-150. Time will tell what the production version looks like. If I like how it turns out, then I will look into buying one. If I don’t like how it turns out, then I’ll explore my other (fairly limited) options.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:33 PM
Post Fiend

Conanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoGeorge View Post
the automotive world has necessarily changed and buyers have expectations with regard to comfort and capability.
Yet Jeep still sells 200k Wranglers a year in the US alone.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:10 PM
Postmaster

And the Fiat car-based Cherokee outsells the Wrangler, as do the Explorer and Escape. The Jeep is an icon that you can see in WWII movies. But 4 doors make up 2/3 or more of Jeep sales, they have A/C and great stereos, and will have a turbo 4 cylinder engine in 2018.5, so you can't say they're the same as what Hawkeye drove in MASH....

The Bronco has no such legacy. I know what they were and wanted (and still want) one, but the average high school girl (the majority of Jeeps in my area are driven by young women) has no clue what a Bronco is. You can sketch a Jeep and every 2 year old boy will say "Jeep" like my own son did 28 years ago. But I defy you to sketch a Bronco that more than 3% of people will recognize. It's not like the Bronco stayed visually the same during its existence. It even morphed from a small 4WD to a sawed off full size truck. So what *is* a Bronco? (Or what is a TBird, the queen of morphing vehicles?)
Old 02-19-2018, 10:09 PM
Post Fiend

Conanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant future
Quote:
And the Fiat car-based Cherokee outsells the Wrangler, as do the Explorer and Escape.
Yes... but that's not the point and Ford already plays in that market so why add another vehicle. My point is there are still 200k people a year that deliberately buy a Wrangler when they could get a more modern vehicle with the same logo on it, so any suggestion that people don't want that type of vehicle anymore is just wrong.

Quote:
So what *is* a Bronco?
The only thing it has always been is a 2 door utility vehicle with real offroad capabilities, if Ford fails to deliver on those two counts what is the point of all this drama. If they're just going to deliver an Everest with nothing but a few minor cosmetic changes then fine, it's a nice vehicle that should do well and being a world platform it make all kinds of manufacturing sense, but then there is no need for this buildup and the big long wait just bring it in and start selling it already.