I am so done with dealerships - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

I am so done with dealerships

Old 01-17-2018, 11:41 AM
wrvond
Posting Guru
wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.
I am so done with dealerships

Took my truck in for oil and filter change. I also requested front tire rotation, drain fuel/water separator, and adjust the air pressure in right rear tires. I also asked to see the fuel drained out to see how much (if any) water was present.

Got the truck back with oil running down the outside of the filter. Didn't get to see the drianed fuel because they "forgot" to save it. Right rear tires are still the exact same pressure they were when brought in, even though worksheet has marked that all six tires were inflated to spec (the other four were already at spec).
I had asked for full synthetic when I made the service appointment two days in advance. After 45 minutes the service manager informed me they couldn't find any full synthetic anywhere in town. Seems they should have checked a little earlier than when the old oil was drained out.

Oh, and last night I went out to the truck to get my owner's manual. Turns out that is now missing too.
I called about the missing manual. The service manager informed me that the "technician" (I use that term loosely) would have no reason to be into the glove compartment. I agreed whole heartedly with that. But the manual is still missing. The manager agreed to order me a new one, so we'll see how that goes.
I just remembered that my door combo card was in that pouch too. I wonder how he intends to deal with that...

Old 01-17-2018, 11:44 AM
ansfdev
Junior User
ansfdev is starting off with a positive reputation.
Definitely need to file a complaint with Ford on this......thats the only way their feet can get held to the fire.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:45 AM
Wes Hightower
Senior User
Wes Hightower is starting off with a positive reputation.
I only bring mine in if there's a warranty issue. I do my own oil changes and air pressure. Getting good help is probably a challenge and I don't trust my stuff to some "guy" in the back.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:49 AM
eryoung
Senior User
eryoung is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow that is terrible!! Get your manual back and move on to a different dealer! Also file that complaint!! Its legit! I'm lucky to have a good one! (first name basis)

Old 01-17-2018, 11:58 AM
82_F100_300Six
Posting Guru
82_F100_300Six has a very good reputation on FTE.82_F100_300Six has a very good reputation on FTE.82_F100_300Six has a very good reputation on FTE.82_F100_300Six has a very good reputation on FTE.
I would have checked to see the oil drain plug, oil fill cap and if the engine had oil in it.

Old 01-17-2018, 12:06 PM
wrvond
Posting Guru
wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.
I was conducting another search, just in case I had removed it and forgotten (it does happen), and suddenly realized the dead end plugs that are to be installed if the tailgate is removed are missing also.
I KNOW I haven't had those out!

I'm definitely going to have to complain to somebody more than the service manager about this.
Getting madder by the minute.

Old 01-17-2018, 12:24 PM
CBEllis
Senior User
CBEllis is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Wes Hightower View Post
I only bring mine in if there's a warranty issue. I do my own oil changes and air pressure. Getting good help is probably a challenge and I don't trust my stuff to some "guy" in the back.
It’s sad that dealers have this reputation. I’m the same way, it’s just hard to trust someone who makes a living by “fixing” or “maintaining” your ride. How can you trust what they do? Ever? WRVOND - hate the hassle of this experience for you; what an ongoing pain...

Old 01-17-2018, 12:29 PM
expy03
Senior User
expy03 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I once carried my Expeditions in for an oil change and on the way home it started running a little rough. So I checked the oil and drained 6 quarts off. These morons added the new oil on top of the old. Needless to say I don’t use that dealership anymore and always check everything when I do get one back from service.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:07 PM
Fireferg73
Junior User
Fireferg73 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry to hear that! Just another reason to never leave anything in your truck that you'd like to see again. I hate being a pessimist, but that's just the way the world works now. I don't have anything in mine with my name or address, i just keep in all in my wallet.
Hopefully they make it right with you. And I would definitely file a complaint!

Old 01-17-2018, 01:17 PM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Buliwyf is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Buliwyf is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If I drop the truck off, I can ask for a master tech to service it. It's more expensive, as you have to pay the hourly rate, but it's worth it.

$39.95 oil changes say they include air pressure and all that, but they don't.

Old 01-17-2018, 03:23 PM
Turbo Dog
Posting Guru
Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.
How do you file a complaint with Ford? I would like to file a complaint about the sales team and how they lied to me.

Old 01-17-2018, 03:35 PM
cficare
Posting Guru
cficare has a good reputation on FTE.cficare has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
I just remembered that my door combo card was in that pouch too. I wonder how he intends to deal with that...
That is an item I'd worry about. With that card, I think a new pre-programmed key & fob can be ordered, and you may find your truck has "walked away" one day. A coworker's dually was casually driven (on video) from one of our parking lots and it was later found at the residence of one of the dealer's mechanics ... disassembled.

Old 01-17-2018, 03:57 PM
DHR CREW
New User
DHR CREW is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
Took my truck in for oil and filter change. I also requested front tire rotation, drain fuel/water separator, and adjust the air pressure in right rear tires. I also asked to see the fuel drained out to see how much (if any) water was present.

Got the truck back with oil running down the outside of the filter. Didn't get to see the drianed fuel because they "forgot" to save it. Right rear tires are still the exact same pressure they were when brought in, even though worksheet has marked that all six tires were inflated to spec (the other four were already at spec).
I had asked for full synthetic when I made the service appointment two days in advance. After 45 minutes the service manager informed me they couldn't find any full synthetic anywhere in town. Seems they should have checked a little earlier than when the old oil was drained out.

Oh, and last night I went out to the truck to get my owner's manual. Turns out that is now missing too.
I called about the missing manual. The service manager informed me that the "technician" (I use that term loosely) would have no reason to be into the glove compartment. I agreed whole heartedly with that. But the manual is still missing. The manager agreed to order me a new one, so we'll see how that goes.

Have a similar story. Never have I taken anything I owned to a dealer for oil changes. So I decided to take my17 250 to the dealer for its first oil change and tire rotation because I wanted everything documented for my extended warranty.
I expressed to the dealer that I dont trust dealers and he said my truck was in good hands with the "technicians" another name for guys they hire off the street. Anyways I get home after my service and the first thing I see is they corrected the tire pressure then rotated the tires.now I have more pressure in the front than the rear.
2nd thing is there was some oil on the fender. Then I noticed oil in the inner passenger side fender well. I pop the hood and THEY LEFT THE OIL CAP OFF!!!
It was still sitting up by the radiator where he left it.
I called them immediately and the guy was apologizing up and down. Brought it back and they corrected everything.
Received a survey from ford the next day and let them have it on the comment section. Not really expecting anything to come from it. I received a call from one of the main guys fron the dealership and I had a long talk with him. He said if I didn't fill out the survey from ford he would of never of known this took place. He assured me that this is not the kind of service they do there and he had 0 tolerance for that kind of work.
He wants me to call him direct the next time I need service and he will meet me there, have a cup of coffee,have a complete service on them, bring me in the shop introduce me to some of the technicians to try to win my trust.
Anybody can change oil and do a tire rotation but to f*** it up on my brand new truck on the first one is unacceptable! I don't know.

Old 01-17-2018, 04:20 PM
comptonbranch
Freshman User
comptonbranch is starting off with a positive reputation.
There is no way in “Hades” i will take my truck to the dealer for anything! Only if it is something huge. I dont know if it is legally possible to be with them during the repair, but i will find out beforehand. They will forget something, fix something but mess up something else, stain/ scratch the interior, scratch exterior, steal something or use the wrong fluids. I just keep my fingers crossed i will never have to take it in. And yes, as you expect, i have a history with this, unfortunately.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:16 PM
super 6.8
Elder User
super 6.8 has a good reputation on FTE.super 6.8 has a good reputation on FTE.super 6.8 has a good reputation on FTE.
Those surveys are powerful. I had a bad experience with my Taurus and let them have it on the survey. I got a call from the dealer within 3 hours asking me to come in so we could talk about how they could make it right. I'm still mad about that whole deal but the people that matter never find out about stuff that gets screwed up. Use that survey! BTW, they did make it right.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I am so done with dealerships

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.