2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Winch Bumper on 2018 F-250 Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 09:48 PM
paulnegus
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Winch Bumper on 2018 F-250 Platinum

Hello, I want to put on a winch bumper onto my Platinum. I am reading 2 versions that say that the adaptive cruise control and collision warning sensors can be moved with a relocation bracket and set up again to function properly the other school of thought is that it cannot be done. Can anyone confirm this and has anyone done this with what result
Thanks very much

Old 01-21-2018, 12:06 AM
paulnegus
Mountain Pass
Anyone had any experience with TrailReady?

Old 01-21-2018, 08:11 AM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I like the new Warn bumper. And it's priced right. Some bumpers out there cost waaay too much. There is a relocation bracket they recommend for the sensors.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:19 PM
paulnegus
Mountain Pass
Winch Bumper

Thanks - I am trying to get close to this look from my 2003 6.0L Crew Cab. This is the Safari Bumper from ARB with a 16.5ti Warn winch. Sadly ARB don’t seem to have any plans to support US trucks anymore.

Paul

Attached Images   
Old 07-21-2019, 01:22 AM
CTapia
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by paulnegus
Thanks - I am trying to get close to this look from my 2003 6.0L Crew Cab. This is the Safari Bumper from ARB with a 16.5ti Warn winch. Sadly ARB don’t seem to have any plans to support US trucks anymore.

Paul
I know that this old post, but wondering if you are still around and if so did you come across trailready bumpers, they have a model with full coverage similar to the ARB deluxe version.
i don’t even even have a SD yet, but exploring my mods list

Old 07-21-2019, 10:14 AM
paulnegus
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by CTapia
I know that this old post, but wondering if you are still around and if so did you come across trailready bumpers, they have a model with full coverage similar to the ARB deluxe version.
i don’t even even have a SD yet, Bután exploring my mods list
Yes, I went with the Trailready bumper. I got it unfinished then matched as close as I could to the truck color with powder coat. I also had the bumper modified to take the stock rectangle fog lights and a round driving light. Since these photos I have changed the Winch hook to the closed winching system by factor 55 which brings the winch line tight to the opening.

Old 07-21-2019, 10:58 AM
CTapia
New User
Yes, I went with the Trailready bumper. I got it unfinished then matched as close as I could to the truck color with powder coat. I also had the bumper modified to take the stock rectangle fog lights and a round driving light. Since these photos I have changed the Winch hook to the closed winching system by factor 55 which brings the winch line tight to the opening.

Very nice! Which winch model did you go with? Regarding your lights, I’m i correct to assume that your oem fog power are still power up with stock switch and perhaps the round one via one of the Upfitter switches?

can you share a side profile pic? Trying to see how far out the top pre runner bar sticks out? I’ve always had ARB deluxe bar, so leaning towards the model with full bars.
Do you know if all trail ready bumpers come unfinished? From the pic, it shows the color being off? Did you have a bodyshop shoot the paint? If so maybe they could have used oem factory match paint to an exact match.
Either way, looks nice! Factor55 makes some real cool stuff.

Old 07-21-2019, 11:14 AM
wicked 2018
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Hello, I want to put on a winch bumper onto my Platinum. I am reading 2 versions that say that the adaptive cruise control and collision warning sensors can be moved with a relocation bracket and set up again to function properly the other school of thought is that it cannot be done. Can anyone confirm this and has anyone done this with what result
Thanks very much
I relocated mine no problem when I put a bumper and winch on on my 2018 platinum 350.

Keep in in mind it likely won’t work behind the platinum grille. I change mine to a base model black grille shortly after buying it (hated the platinum grille personally).

Old 07-21-2019, 02:38 PM
paulnegus
Mountain Pass
Yes I got it unfinished but wanted it powder coated so I got the color as close as I could. Actually it looks a closer match than in the side photo. The winch is a Warn 16.5ti with synthetic rope. I like this much better than the steel wire that I had before and my hands are appreciative as well.
Here’s a view from the side

The factory fogs still operate from the factory switch, the driving lights from an upfitter along with the twin led light bars behind the grill.

In various posts you will see that the adaptive cruise control cannot be relocated behind a platinum grill.

Old 07-21-2019, 03:20 PM
CTapia
New User
Yes I got it unfinished but wanted it powder coated so I got the color as close as I could. Actually it looks a closer match than in the side photo. The winch is a Warn 16.5ti with synthetic rope. I like this much better than the steel wire that I had before and my hands are appreciative as well.

The factory fogs still operate from the factory switch, the driving lights from an upfitter along with the twin led light bars behind the grill.

In various posts you will see that the adaptive cruise control cannot be relocated behind a platinum grill.

Perfect! Thank you! Yeah the synthetic line is much better. I currently running an old Warn HS9500 that has been a work horse on my 05 Toyota Tundra. This also saves some weight from the front end.
Are you running stock suspension? If so can you tell the added weight up front? Like I mentioned earlier, I don’t even own a SD yet, holding out for 2020 F350.

Old 04-13-2021, 01:09 PM
goodwinaj
New User

I'm thinking about this bumper as well. If you have the time, a measurement from the bottom of the pre-runner bar to the top of the bumper would be much appreciated. Trying to determine clearance for lights. Thanks.

Old 04-13-2021, 06:31 PM
BillyE
Fleet Mechanic
Received 202 Likes on 111 Posts
Road Armor Vaquero

I haven’t installed a winch on mine yet but with the right insert, it’s made for 16.5ti

Old 04-14-2021, 12:01 AM
paulnegus
Mountain Pass
Hi, it’s 6 2/8”.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:56 PM
goodwinaj
New User
Hi, it’s 6 2/8”.
Thank you much.