2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Upfitter and remote start

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 10:05 PM
Platiwanabe
Freshman User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Upfitter and remote start

First of all I would like to thank everyone who will respond and help me through this.. now down to business.

I have a 2017 F-250 lariat. Black interior so it's got the stupid grey headliner and stuff.. wondering has anyone put upfitter switches in.. I know I have to look for the pin I have checked multiple threads on this part. The main thing I am looking for is does anyone know what the overhead counsel part number that I need is. I have the sliding rear window up there and I believe all the stuff up front. Hoping to take pictures sometime tomorrow as the truck is at the dealership getting it's first oil change..

2nd thing I am looking for is has anyone been able to use the remote start on there phone for these trucks. I have the factory remote start on the key fob but would love to know what I need to put this on the truck for my smart phone.

Don't know if it matters or not but it's for a 2017 F-250 6.2 gas engine..

Thanks for all the help and I'll try to upload pictures of the interior console where the upfitters should be.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:22 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Received 941 Likes on 580 Posts
Originally Posted by Platiwanabe
2nd thing I am looking for is has anyone been able to use the remote start on there phone for these trucks. I have the factory remote start on the key fob but would love to know what I need to put this on the truck for my smart phone.

Don't know if it matters or not but it's for a 2017 F-250 6.2 gas engine..

Thanks for all the help and I'll try to upload pictures of the interior console where the upfitters should be.
Many of us have the cell phone starting with Ford Remote Access app. There are several posts and hundreds of threads on this subject.
You'll need to buy a module or two (not sure which ones because you already have factory remote on the fob). My experience has been with 2 trucks without factory remote.
These modules are being discontinued so they're getting harder to find and good deals are scarcer.
Forum user Pocket is a great resource for help installing, setting up and knowing which module(s) are needed for your situation.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:24 AM
morleyz
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a 2017 250 6.2 XLT with factory remote start on the FOB and this was as easy of an install as I could ever do. I bought the perimeter alarm and remote access modules off Ebay from Banner Automotive. They just plug in right under dash. The only thing is to make sure whoever you buy your remote access module from will also activate it (Banner did it over email) or you'll end up at the dealer and I doubt they'll do it for free.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:33 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Remote Access is going away to make room for Smartlink.

For those who currently have Remote Access (like me), the system will continue to function as normal and the subscription service will remain active supposedly for years to come.

RMU units (the actual Remote Access module) are getting to be in short supply nationwide, so there may be an issue finding some available.

Also there was a recent issue trying to activate new units. I haven't heard yet if that issue has been resolved. Bobby at Banner Ford might know. I think he still has some RMU units in stock too. If I were buying one today I'd check with him. He's a good guy and has good prices and excellent customer service.

Part numbers you'll need for Remote Access:

FT4Z-19A361-A
DL3Z-19A390-B

Since you already have the factory remote start, the install is super easy. Just pull the plug behind the DLC (OBDII connector) and plug the FT4Z harness inline. Plug the DL3Z unit into the FT4Z, and zip tie everything under the dash. Cycle the ignition on 1 time, the unit is learned to the vehicle. Then call Bobby at Banner (if you purchased it from him), and he can activate the RMU over the phone. Just have the SIM ID of the RMU unit handy when you call, it's on a white card that comes in the box.

That's it.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:15 AM
Platiwanabe
Freshman User
So would it be better to wait for the smartlink. Or are they even going to make hen for the 17s just curious if I need to get on it asap. Or if I'm better off waiting.

Any insight on this??

Old 01-12-2018, 09:35 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Unfortunately I don't know much about Smartlink yet. Doesn't sound like Ford is doing much of a good job getting info out to dealers. If you really want remote start on the phone now I'd go with the Remote Access since it's been working well for quite some time. If you have time to wait, the Smartlink is supposed to have more features and be a more robust system. I'm thinking the cost will go up considerably with Smartlink, but I could be wrong.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:41 PM
1956Fatfenders
Elder User
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Platiwanabe
I have a 2017 F-250 lariat. Black interior so it's got the stupid grey headliner and stuff.. wondering has anyone put upfitter switches in.. I know I have to look for the pin I have checked multiple threads on this part. The main thing I am looking for is does anyone know what the overhead counsel part number that I need is. I have the sliding rear window up there and I believe all the stuff up front. Hoping to take pictures sometime tomorrow as the truck is at the dealership getting it's first oil change.
I too have the 2017 F-250 Lariat with the black interior and grey headliner. My truck also has the power rear window. The console I ordered is: HC3Z-28519A58-JE. You'll find all the info you need, right here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-switches.html

Old 01-18-2018, 07:58 PM
Platiwanabe
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 1956Fatfenders
I too have the 2017 F-250 Lariat with the black interior and grey headliner. My truck also has the power rear window. The console I ordered is: HC3Z-28519A58-JE. You'll find all the info you need, right here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-switches.html

Here's a couple pictures but I have the black interior with grey headliner. Just making sure it's the

hc3z-28519A58JE console is what I need

Also relay box hc3z-14a303-f

Switch assembly hc3z-13d730-aa

Wire hc3z-15a404-a

Do I need each one of those or what can I eliminate

Attached Images   
Old 01-18-2018, 08:22 PM
Platiwanabe
Freshman User
Does anyone have a link to where they bought the stuff for the upfitters? I thought I had a link and now can't find it