Cab rotisserie - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Cab rotisserie

Old 01-16-2018, 08:06 PM
brucelee
Senior User
brucelee is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cab rotisserie

Figured this would help with restoration. I may add additional bracing once I tackle cab corner replacement.

finished (almost) can rotisserie

Old 01-16-2018, 09:08 PM
jniolon
Postmaster
jniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant future
nice job Anthony that's gonna help the body work a lot !! clean shop too !!

Old 01-16-2018, 09:35 PM
Carbonarc
Senior User
Carbonarc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks very nice and well balanced. I'm starting on my cab in month or two. I'd love to see more detail on the door mounting and dimensions for the balance point. Thanks!

Old 01-16-2018, 10:17 PM
Scotty's 52 F3
Posting Guru
Scotty's 52 F3 has a great reputation on FTE.Scotty's 52 F3 has a great reputation on FTE.Scotty's 52 F3 has a great reputation on FTE.Scotty's 52 F3 has a great reputation on FTE.
NICE! I built one for a..............non Ford once. It helps a lot. Great job!

Old 01-16-2018, 10:58 PM
brucelee
Senior User
Originally Posted by Carbonarc View Post
Looks very nice and well balanced. I'm starting on my cab in month or two. I'd love to see more detail on the door mounting and dimensions for the balance point. Thanks!
A PO had welded in steel plate over the forward floor pan so I knew it would be nose heavy. Using my auto lift I supported the cab with one of the lift arms under the roof area on each side with a 2x4 and manually slide the cab forward and aft until it appeared balanced. The square tube mounted between the door upper hinge and striker plate is actually made up of four pieces. A longer 2x2 piece with smaller diameter piece inserted into each end. These have a flat plate welded on each end which attaches to the hinge/striker mounts. I found that a solid piece would not work because of the door opening design. The middle is attached to an even larger square tube which allows the CG to be moved forward or aft as needed. I did this because I have another 56 cab with original floors (no additional steel plate added). So if I reuse the fixture on another cab the CG can be changed. Hope this helps. I'll see if I can add additional pics. Not a professional welder but just worked with material I had on hand and worked it out as I went along.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:04 PM
brucelee
Senior User
Originally Posted by jniolon View Post
nice job Anthony that's gonna help the body work a lot !! clean shop too !!
Thanks. I don't have a lot of metal to replace but I still plan on adding additional support on the inside of the cab before I cut out anything. I have no timeline to finish so it just looks cool on the stand anyway.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:22 AM
Greg Rogers
Elder User
Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.
That's a great job, Bruce. It looks heavy enough that it could be extended to work for a "frame off" restoration of a car, if the need arises!