Im sorry but i am going to have to purchase a RAM - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Im sorry but i am going to have to purchase a RAM

Old 01-16-2018, 01:38 PM
Senior User

Super-Truck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Super-Truck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Im sorry but i am going to have to purchase a RAM

Not really, these trucks are awesome but....Was browsing youtube, watching videos of the new chevy and ram light duty trucks. The ram dash is to die for (12 inch screen), why did ford cheap out so bad on our super duty infotainment systems? Our screen looks like something NASA would have used in the 60's. Besides the dash, the ram interior doesnt hold a candle to my KR.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:46 PM
Senior User

DRKBC is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don’t find that. My screen is as large as I would like it to be. I was riding in a friends Tesla the other day and it just didn’t move me, more of a big distraction. I honestly don't need things to be any larger than they are currently.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:01 PM
Elder User

Buliwyf is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well, good luck. Dashboards are far more important than the length of the front suspension arms, a real front axle with real hubs, service techs that didn't get their ASE in a cereal box, and a rear locking diff.

Personally, I prefer plain olde style dashboards. Just clean normal gauges. Even the XL is a bit too blingy for me. My biggest beef, are dashes that don't dim enough during the night.

Like this: give or take the blingy steering wheel:
Old 01-16-2018, 02:16 PM
Elder User

Top_Speed1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Getting older, I must agree that bigger screen now rules. I have an iPad Pro and an iPad2, I honestly thought the normal iPad screen was to be adequate, well until I got the iPad Pro. Bigger is BETTER!

NASA we have a problem!.... us guys nearing the 50 mark (aka 70's babies) are in need of bigger screens!. I blame it on staring at computer screens all day. [email protected]! and this could be kinda truthful!
Old 01-16-2018, 02:31 PM
Junior User

SD_STIGG is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just moved back over to Ford after owning a 2014 Ram, not sure how the newer ones are but as nice as the screen on mine was the system was very glitchy. Also don't get me started on the reliability perspective, pretty sure mine was in the shop for various drive train issues more than driving. I liked the truck but it was to big of a headache to justify, I love my Ford even though it to has minor issue but nothing preventing me from using the truck. I have had several vehicles over the last few years as others have said I am not a fan of the large screens, but I do wish they would have made ours a bit wider.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:33 PM
Elder User

stewy604 is starting off with a positive reputation.
To each their own I guess. I actually don't mind the size of the screen(s) in mine. Although the look and feel of the Sync screen could use a refresh (even though they just went through one). It definitely isn't as polished as I would expect. If you're going Dodge, put aside from money for front end work.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:40 PM
Senior User

Super-Truck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Super-Truck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Definitely not jumping ship as these new super duties are absolutely the best trucks on the market in my opinion, and thats coming from a life long ram guy. The plastic around the screen just constantly eats at me every time i drive it. I just dont know why they left so much blank space around the screen area.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:49 PM
Senior User

Brandon606 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_STIGG View Post
I just moved back over to Ford after owning a 2014 Ram, not sure how the newer ones are but as nice as the screen on mine was the system was very glitchy. Also don't get me started on the reliability perspective, pretty sure mine was in the shop for various drive train issues more than driving. I liked the truck but it was to big of a headache to justify, I love my Ford even though it to has minor issue but nothing preventing me from using the truck. I have had several vehicles over the last few years as others have said I am not a fan of the large screens, but I do wish they would have made ours a bit wider.

I myself had a 14 Ram 2500 and it didn't take me but about 6 months to get out of that thing and never look back. Driveline vibrations/shaking, etc
Old 01-16-2018, 02:59 PM
Posting Guru

wrvond has a good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a good reputation on FTE.
My 2012 F250 did not have nav so the back up camera displayed in the rear view mirror. So what I have now is huge compared to that little 3 inch display.

It's all relative!
Old 01-16-2018, 03:07 PM
Elder User

roadpilot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Speed1 View Post
Getting older, I must agree that bigger screen now rules. I have an iPad Pro and an iPad2, I honestly thought the normal iPad screen was to be adequate, well until I got the iPad Pro. Bigger is BETTER!

NASA we have a problem!.... us guys nearing the 50 mark (aka 70's babies) are in need of bigger screens!. I blame it on staring at computer screens all day. [email protected]! and this could be kinda truthful!
If you're sitting in your barcalounger, that's one thing. When you're driving a three ton monster down the road, that's another. What's next, a 45" 4K curved screen LED just to adjust your A/C or change the radio station? No thanks.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:14 PM
Posting Guru

RainDesert has a good reputation on FTE.RainDesert has a good reputation on FTE.RainDesert has a good reputation on FTE.
I watched the reveal yesterday of their 1500. I like it, I'm not into tech so one of my favorite new things was the larger crew cab with reclining seats. Glad to see Ram moving the HD assembly back to the States.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:36 PM
Senior User

Omega Man has a good reputation on FTE.Omega Man has a good reputation on FTE.
Unless Dodge starts making the 1950 Powerwagon again I don't ever see myself owning another Ram.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:39 PM
Senior User

KCJackson1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
One thing Ram got right with the redesign was the headlights. They're actually the opposite of the SD... the low-trim Rams have single halogen units per side. The high trims have the quad LED setup with 4 low beams and 4 high beams. As we all know, the Super Duty uses 4 low beams on the halogens but not the LEDs. And the Ram's LED lights offer an optional adaptive spread system, which adds up to 15 throw laterally in the direction the wheel is turning. Will have to wait 2 more years to see if the same lights make it to the Ram HD.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:48 PM
Posting Guru

RainDesert has a good reputation on FTE.RainDesert has a good reputation on FTE.RainDesert has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJackson1 View Post
Will have to wait 2 more years to see if the same lights make it to the Ram HD.
The 2019 Ram 1500 can be ordered starting tomorrow, which is ahead of the anticipated schedule. My Ram source thinks we will get the HD info this year.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:55 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJackson1 View Post
One thing Ram got right with the redesign was the headlights. They're actually the opposite of the SD... the low-trim Rams have single halogen units per side. The high trims have the quad LED setup with 4 low beams and 4 high beams. As we all know, the Super Duty uses 4 low beams on the halogens but not the LEDs. And the Ram's LED lights offer an optional adaptive spread system, which adds up to 15 throw laterally in the direction the wheel is turning. Will have to wait 2 more years to see if the same lights make it to the Ram HD.
While I do like adaptive headlights, im a big headlight kind of guy. I dont like the smaller headlights on the other HDs on the current market. The super duty definitely delivers, they are huge and I love it.