L99 Power Point in dash?? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L99 Power Point in dash??

Old 01-16-2018, 08:16 AM
Postmaster

Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.
L99 Power Point in dash??

Mine has come loose. Even the slide up door. How do I tighten it all up?

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2018, 10:40 AM
Post Fiend

timmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to behold
My dash is sitn on the workbench. I'll check it out when I get home... About an hr, Cab
Old 01-17-2018, 08:06 AM
Postmaster

Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
My dash is sitn on the workbench. I'll check it out when I get home... About an hr, Cab
Thanks Timmy!! Appreciate it!! Just hope I don't have to pull the whole dash to fix it.....Lol!
Old 01-17-2018, 08:15 AM
Postmaster

Walleye Hunter is a name known to allWalleye Hunter is a name known to allWalleye Hunter is a name known to allWalleye Hunter is a name known to allWalleye Hunter is a name known to allWalleye Hunter is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercab View Post
Thanks Timmy!! Appreciate it!! Just hope I don't have to pull the whole dash to fix it.....Lol!
I have an aftermarket radio but pulling the dash in mine takes all of about a minute. It's just snapped in there, pull back and disconnect switches and off it comes. Oh, I do have my steering column cover off and I pull the shifter **** off to make it easier.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:35 AM
Posting Guru

Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
I have an aftermarket radio but pulling the dash in mine takes all of about a minute. It's just snapped in there, pull back and disconnect switches and off it comes. Oh, I do have my steering column cover off and I pull the shifter **** off to make it easier.
Agreed, block your back wheels so you can put the shifter in 1, then you can lower the steering wheel which gives you a bit more area to move the dash.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:31 AM
Post Fiend

timmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to behold
There's absolutely no way to remove the dash, with a double din in there. Trust me, I felt the agony, lol....Supercab, I ain't lying but I forgot. After leaving the dealership for vsm programming, I hit my bros shop. There is when I realized the hpop leak. I'm heading v out in garage now to start upping things apart. I'll have a pic/write up shortly, boss...
Old 01-17-2018, 06:58 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
There's absolutely no way to remove the dash, with a double din in there. Trust me, I felt the agony, lol....Supercab, I ain't lying but I forgot. After leaving the dealership for vsm programming, I hit my bros shop. There is when I realized the hpop leak. I'm heading v out in garage now to start upping things apart. I'll have a pic/write up shortly, boss...
No emergency Timmy, your leak needs to be fixed first-WAY more important than my Power Point.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:59 PM
Elder User

IDI-Charlie has a good reputation on FTE.IDI-Charlie has a good reputation on FTE.IDI-Charlie has a good reputation on FTE.
IIRC they are held in by three screws. One of mine ended up snapping the threaded portion off, so I had to glue it back in place.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:23 PM
Post Fiend

Yo Cab.. Ok, like idi mentioned, there 3 screws. From the looks of it, if one of the "prongs" that holds the PowerPoint secure, is damaged, then I can see the "slider" being compromised. Other than that, looks to be a 1 unit deal. Possibly a screw can weaken the assy as well...
Old 01-19-2018, 02:25 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Yo Cab.. Ok, like idi mentioned, there 3 screws. From the looks of it, if one of the "prongs" that holds the PowerPoint secure, is damaged, then I can see the "slider" being compromised. Other than that, looks to be a 1 unit deal. Possibly a screw can weaken the assy as well...
Thanks!! I'll dig into it then.