Does F150 have auto braking? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150

Does F150 have auto braking?

Old 01-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Elder User

supeRobertduty is starting off with a positive reputation.
Does F150 have auto braking?

Hi,
Does the new F150 have auto braking where the truck will apply the brakes for you? , if not do we know when this technology will be available.
Thanks
Old 01-15-2018, 02:33 PM
Senior User

Wiggums is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If you have adaptive cruise control on, yes. Are you blind?
Old 01-16-2018, 06:28 PM
Elder User

PupnDuck has a good reputation on FTE.PupnDuck has a good reputation on FTE.PupnDuck has a good reputation on FTE.
I think he's asking about Automatic EMERGENCY Braking where the vehicle will brake to a stop if it detects an imminent collision. Has nothing to do with cruise control.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:04 PM

Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
I believe the answer is "no".

Technology like that is becoming more widespread every year, though. A freaking Corolla comes standard with it, hope to see it in the F150 soon.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:37 PM
Postmaster

JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.
I think the basics are there with adaptive cruise control. Should be easy for Ford to add this feature.

As much as i dislike making vehicles more complicated, I see this as mandatory safety equipment in the near future.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:58 PM
Bleed Ford Blue

AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

Technology like that is becoming more widespread every year, though. A freaking Corolla comes standard with it, hope to see it in the F150 soon.
Well, it took GM until 2019 to put push start in its trucks...lol
Old 01-17-2018, 10:22 AM
Senior User

storage_man is starting off with a positive reputation.
I wonder if a truck configured with this featre doesn't stop quick enough and you hit the vehicle that stopped in front of you, does that absolve you of any wrong doing ?
Old 01-17-2018, 10:37 AM

Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by storage_man View Post
I wonder if a truck configured with this featre doesn't stop quick enough and you hit the vehicle that stopped in front of you, does that absolve you of any wrong doing ?
No, it does not. Fine print around all cars with this kind of system.

In most conditions, precollison braking is designed to mitigate a collision instead of prevent it.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:40 AM
Senior User

Driving in Germany with an Audi A6 that had this feature, I was going 90 mph and had to wait for a gap in the left lane with all the cars passing me and I was approaching a slow-moving truck on the right lane.

The car seemed to think I was about to hit the truck and violently braked when I was already in the middle of two lanes and forced me to move back to the right after disrupting the traffic flow on the left lane.

In Germany, the right lane is usually at 60 mph while the left lane can vary from 90 to 140 mph but cars absolutely must return to the right lane after passing a slower vehicle at all times.

This feature makes the car more dangerous and I would not want that. Unfortunately, I could not turn it off.

Just like the keyless system on the 2008 BMW 740d I rented in Germany. Now, the car's smarter, but back then, I was 10 feet behind my friend who was right next to the BMW. My friend was able to open the car without having the key with him. Now, the BMW's smarter but sure wasn't back then. As of now, the braking feature is something I want to be able to turn off.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:53 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggums View Post
If you have adaptive cruise control on, yes. Are you blind?
Smart a** Idiot
Old 01-17-2018, 12:58 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PupnDuck View Post
I think he's asking about Automatic EMERGENCY Braking where the vehicle will brake to a stop if it detects an imminent collision. Has nothing to do with cruise control.
Thank you for the information
Old 01-17-2018, 01:11 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by supeRobertduty View Post
Smart a** Idiot
It was a legitimate question because some states are seriously considering allowing legally blind people to drive but have additional requirements such as having right side mirror and other things. Automatic braking could be one of the additional requirements.

No need to be a horse's *** over it.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:17 PM
New User

Juanzilla is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think they do have it, mine for sure has it. When I first got the truck, a car slammed their brakes in front of me. When that happened, the red bar lit up on the dash and the truck brakes were activated. I pressed the brake after the truck had already engaged it, so not sure if it would have stopped it all the way. It felt like it would have for sure; the brakes activated to the point that I thought the air bag was going to deploy lol
Old 01-17-2018, 01:19 PM
Senior User

What trim is your F-150?
Old 01-17-2018, 01:38 PM
New User

Juanzilla is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggums View Post
What trim is your F-150?
18 Platinum