08 Navigator Elite Issues (New to me) - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

08 Navigator Elite Issues (New to me)

Old 01-14-2018, 08:28 PM
New User

04ExpeditionEB is starting off with a positive reputation.
08 Navigator Elite Issues (New to me)

Hello all. Its been some time since i posted in here but i purchased a new to me 08 navi. its a very nice comfortable truck.
I love how it looks and how it is pleasant on the eyes.
I do have a few issues that i need some direction on.
a small list for now
1, the 4x4 indicator isnt telling me when its in 4x4, does say shift in progress and feels like its engaged but no indicator on dash computer.
2, the running boards are electric, the fuse is good but the wont deploy from the set up screen or from any door opening, neither Side. Ideas on where to start looking?
3, heated /AC seats, not op. hit the button and it flash's for a sec then turns off. will not stay on, i dont hear any fans or feel them heat, starting point in troubleshooting?
4, is there a trans dipstick? i have looked and do not see one. nor do i see a tube for the transmission. is this a sealed unit?
5, Keyless entry pad on door. i have the code, it works on the door however it does not light up. is this a fuse? could this fuse also be part of any of the other issues? and if so which fuse is it and where?
Thanks for the first steps if you can.
Bill

Edit* I did research and found this issue with the heated seats. so its time to get this one issue resolved.
Picture below.
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2018, 06:48 AM
New User

04ExpeditionEB is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking

OK an update!
Was able to identify the problem with the heated/AC seats, got the connector cleaned up and made the pin make contact and now the seats are working well. yea 1 problem down.

Now i have also diagnosed another problem, just need to figure out if they work or not. the previous owner must have disconnected the power leads from the running boards. they are tucked up and the connectors are separated. i looked at them and there is corrosion on them. im going to try and clean them up , hit them with dielectric grease and plug them back in afterwards and see what they do. also making sure to spray down the pivot points to ensure smooth action.
Wish me luck on this.. after that I will be looking into why the 4x4 indicator on the display doesn't show up when switched into 4x4, that's really annoying.