More Money Than Brains Department - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

More Money Than Brains Department

Old 01-14-2018, 11:55 AM
Post Fiend

CharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant future
I have had these doors out in the barn for years now, someday they will see the light of day again...
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2018, 12:23 PM
Postmaster

bigwin56f100 has much to be proud ofbigwin56f100 has much to be proud ofbigwin56f100 has much to be proud ofbigwin56f100 has much to be proud ofbigwin56f100 has much to be proud ofbigwin56f100 has much to be proud ofbigwin56f100 has much to be proud ofbigwin56f100 has much to be proud ofbigwin56f100 has much to be proud ofbigwin56f100 has much to be proud of
Double post
Old 01-14-2018, 12:24 PM
Postmaster

bigwin56f100 has much to be proud ofbigwin56f100 has much to be proud ofbigwin56f100 has much to be proud ofbigwin56f100 has much to be proud ofbigwin56f100 has much to be proud ofbigwin56f100 has much to be proud ofbigwin56f100 has much to be proud ofbigwin56f100 has much to be proud ofbigwin56f100 has much to be proud ofbigwin56f100 has much to be proud of
On the back side,This door is signed by all my neighbors in the swapmeet area from the 2016 supernats. It's hangs in my friends shop. He sells with us at the shows
Old 01-14-2018, 12:32 PM
Posting Guru

r_reed is a splendid one to beholdr_reed is a splendid one to beholdr_reed is a splendid one to beholdr_reed is a splendid one to beholdr_reed is a splendid one to beholdr_reed is a splendid one to behold
love the wall art.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:08 PM
Still Learnin'

petemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by abe View Post
I wrote the FTE website address on a piece of paper so he could join our forum.
I guess that we should hope that he doesn't join else he may see the title of this thread?

Old 01-14-2018, 01:23 PM
Senior User

dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petemcl View Post
I guess that we should hope that he doesn't join else he may see the title of this thread?
I suspect that if we are honest about our hobbies/passions itís pretty hard for any of us to rationalize it. The reality is that we make money to spend as we wish -the joys of living in a free society. I love old cars and trucks, I enjoy racing in cars, and I spend way too much on photography. None of these are ďjustifiableĒ and I would have a lot more money in the bank if I hadnít done them, but I donít mind being accused of what the OP titled this thread.

I like this idea - Iíve added it to the list of things to find for my garage, at this point I just have some old fenders - not as cool on the wall!
Old 01-14-2018, 02:12 PM
Post Fiend

abe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant future
Yes, everybody has different likes and interests. There is a friend I have that doesn't understand why I buy and use old trucks.....

The guy and his wife said they had some good quality time together and enjoyed the trip. I'm sure they went out to eat before they left or on the way home. And sometimes it's not the destination, it's the trip.

And as I said before, he is not chopping it up and or putting it on a rat rod. It will be preserved and can be used again later.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:04 PM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 has much to be proud ofbobj49f2 has much to be proud ofbobj49f2 has much to be proud ofbobj49f2 has much to be proud ofbobj49f2 has much to be proud ofbobj49f2 has much to be proud ofbobj49f2 has much to be proud ofbobj49f2 has much to be proud ofbobj49f2 has much to be proud of
I've seen and met a lot of odd people because of this hobby, heck I'm sure some of the people I've met think I'm odd. I have stories that I can write a book about.

I like to travel for parts. I went to MN a few of times, a 400+ trip, just to pick up a truck and a car and a set of big truck rims. I drove to PA to pick up my panel truck. I try to make family trips out of all the long hauls and usually come away with a good story to tell.

I've also had a few odd ducks travel to me to get parts. One guy bought a '48-50 F-1 box from me off of eBay and then tried to resale it before picking it up and bad mouthing me in his item description while using the same pictures and wording I used in my ad. Another time I sold a set of '48-50 F-2 front fenders to a guy in Ohio. He was going to drive all the way up to my house in SE WI to pick them up but just by chance I was going to IN to help a friend pick up a car so we arranged to meet at the location of the car in IN to save him time and gas. I told the guy I'd meet him there around 2:00, at 12:00 the guy calls me and tells me he's waiting for me at the meet spot in IN. When I got there at 2:00 he ticked off because he's been waiting for two hours. OK, fine, where's you truck? No truck, he has his girlfriend's fairly new Ford Taurus. He lowers the back seats and jams the fenders through the trunk opening scratching the paint on the rear quarter panels. His dad was also along with the girlfriend, climbs into the back seat between the two rusty, jagged edged fenders and off they go. I hope the old guy in the back didn't get cut in two if they got in an accident.

Not only in the car hobby. I'm selling an old, very heavy wood burning stove I had in one of our building on the farm. It's not all beat up but it's been in the building for a long time and it's dirty and looks like a item that been in a old farm building for a long time. I've placed ads with good quality pictures and a very good description. I've had interested parties who want to come for it with sub compact cars. This thing weighs at least 200 pounds and is rather large.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:21 PM
Posting Legend

56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
One might think it odd to spend money on a door to hang on a wall plus the expense it took to travel and get it but I think it odd for some to gather so much wealth and hoard it only to die a rich man..
Old 01-14-2018, 03:41 PM
Post Fiend

abe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56panelford View Post
One might think it odd to spend money on a door to hang on a wall plus the expense it took to travel and get it but I think it odd for some to gather so much wealth and hoard it only to die a rich man..
Our preacher today reminded us that you can't take it with you. Also, if you become famous, you'll soon be forgotten.....
Old 01-14-2018, 03:47 PM
Posting Legend

56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
I know a few wealthy guys in the cemetery, too cheap to buy a thing and pinched every penny they earned and stupid enough not to even have a will