Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

2018 edition TorquePro 7.3L PSD Tablet / Phone PID Monitoring

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 08:38 AM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Keep up the good work, Rich. I've been on some other things and didn't get a chance to try your files yet. I have an old tablet I might use to compare it to my current installation on my phone.

Maybe log from both and compare the data. There is supposed to be a way to share the link to two OBD programs, but I haven't tried it yet. Might be interesting

Old 01-16-2018, 12:30 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Yes... there is a Torque Pro plugin or app that allows TP data to be shared to another device. The other device has to connect through the first device - leaving only the first device to talk directly to the OBDII adapter.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:16 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
The first post has been edited at the end, and I have replaced all the attachments with better files - plus I have added one.

One other thing... I learned "the hard way" that when you change the PID settings, you need to delete the gauge and reload it. I also learned that after loading files into the Android device, I have to reboot the device before the PC can see the new files. This "simple" task of sharing my TP configuration turned out to be an ordeal, and it has hogged all my forum time.

Old 01-16-2018, 05:55 PM
Bran_SVT
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,
I have a 2000 7.3 Excursion, I successfully copied and imported your new .csv file into my torque pro app (extendedPIDs folder), and I tried using the Trans Fluid Temp and a couple other gauges and I'm getting no data when truck is on or key is on... The default gauges are working so I know it's not a connection problem. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Old 01-17-2018, 05:18 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
I would try going to the header and changing that to "Auto".

Old 01-17-2018, 08:26 AM
Bran_SVT
New User
Originally Posted by Tugly
I would try going to the header and changing that to "Auto".
Unfortunately I've already tried that. I add the gauges before I start the truck, I tested them, with truck off and I get "Not connected to ECU", I get the same with truck started.

Old 01-17-2018, 02:02 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Not connected to ECU.... If you installed all of the files from the zip file, you need to set up your connection to your OBDII adapter. Mine is set for a specific OBDII adapter and MAC address, so I deleted that part of the configuration from the vehicle file. The Vehicle setup is where that is corrected.

Old 01-17-2018, 03:09 PM
Bran_SVT
New User
Not connected to ECU.... If you installed all of the files from the zip file, you need to set up your connection to your OBDII adapter. Mine is set for a specific OBDII adapter and MAC address, so I deleted that part of the configuration from the vehicle file. The Vehicle setup is where that is corrected.
All I did was import the PIDs .csv file, I didn't use any of the theme or dash .zip files. Do I need the other files for the PIDs to work? My profile is already set to my specific OBDII adapter. Could it mean that my adapter is faulty or incompatible? I have the KOBRA from amazon.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:25 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
I'm trying to figure this out. You added some new PIDs... the old ones still work... the new ones don't - all while the message says no connection to ECU.

I may need some clarification, a diagram on a chart and easel, a video, or hand-holding and a hug.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:45 PM
Bran_SVT
New User
I'm trying to figure this out. You added some new PIDs... the old ones still work... the new ones don't - all while the message says no connection to ECU.

I may need some clarification, a diagram on a chart and easel, a video, or hand-holding and a hug.
I'm sorry, I'll try to clarify more. The default gauges work, such as RPM, Throttle, IAT, etc... I know there is no problem with connection to the ECU. The imported extra PIDs including your new ones, and the ones already there in the selection menu for 7.3's that I've tried do not work (EOT, Boost, Transmission Gear, etc...). I don't get any readings from them when I add them to the dashboard. For example, I added your Transmission Fluid Temperature gauge to my dashboard, I got no readings when the truck was key on, or running.

Old 01-18-2018, 05:26 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
The only other thing I can come up with is to add the Torque Scan plugin and see if it finds the PIDs you want. You can then look at the PID configuration and see if the math fits.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:30 AM
Bran_SVT
New User
The only other thing I can come up with is to add the Torque Scan plugin and see if it finds the PIDs you want. You can then look at the PID configuration and see if the math fits.
I see. But shouldn't your PIDs work? It's a 2000 7.3 Excursion, technically an F-250 SuperDuty. I'm just wondering why none of your PIDs give me any data... I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but I've triple checked settings and everything.... Could it be my type of OBDII adapter, could it be a different kind of ECU? Anyhow, I'll try scanning for PIDs and see what I come up with. Thanks for the help so far!

Old 01-18-2018, 07:40 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Before my other tablet was stolen, I had everything working. Now, new tablet and truck, I can't get EOT or TFT to engage....Tugly, everything else is good. How critical is the (0x) before the pid #

EDIT.....looks like EOT was within spec with IAT this morning. 58*EOT / 53*iat...no TFT..

Old 01-18-2018, 05:26 PM
enormiss
Senior User
One other thing... I learned "the hard way" that when you change the PID settings, you need to delete the gauge and reload it.
Yep, what a PITA

Old 01-18-2018, 06:43 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
This post has been deleted because it is no longer relevant.
I dunno, I can still see it.

Stewart

Quick Reply: 2018 edition TorquePro 7.3L PSD Tablet / Phone PID Monitoring