Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Powerstroke PIDs

Old 11-05-2018, 05:15 PM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by axmrdr View Post
I don't trust my temp gauge in the dash, it either is zero or about 60%. Nice to have an idea of what is going on under the hood with the Torque and tablet.
The sensor is accurate but the gauge is set up to display in the normal range for a large temperature range. It is not as "feedback rich" as many of us would like.

Originally Posted by caedo View Post
I have the exact same physical gauge setup in addition to torque pro. I like having these because in my mind they are the most critical and they will always be there, no matter if I don't have my torque running for whatever reason (messing with PIDs, forgot it at home, etc.). It's okay to have redundancy in a monitoring system, and having the physical gauges is a good backup that I turn to frequently.
Apparently my cheapo Android phone (that is my Torque Pro platform) does not like to be in the sun for extended periods of time. The battery exploded and the case blew up like a balloon. Trying to motivate myself to buy a replacement battery ($15) but it costs almost as much as I paid for the phone ($25).

Originally Posted by portsample View Post
Driving into work today, I noticed that TorquePro was showing speed and mpg as zero, however tachometer, volts and temp all were as expected. Fuel flow was also working correctly. I was moving (45mph) at the time with the motor running. I wonder if this is a software (TorquePro) problem, or an adapter, or possibly ECU problem. Anyone else experienced anything similar? Happy Monday.
The only two things I've done to successfully fix an issue is either remove then re-do the PID (as Sous mentioned) or remove the app altogether and re-install it and start from scratch.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:32 PM
portsample
Senior User
portsample is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.portsample is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Got in the truck at lunch, started and drove out. Speedometer and MPG still zero. Rebooted the tablet. Everything was fine when it came back up showing positive MPG and MPH. My tablet lives in stand-by mode with the TorquePro open when the truck is parked. It may often go months that way. Suspect that somewhere in the app (or the OS) is a log file that collects error messages that result in an eventual buffer overflow.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:46 AM
axmrdr
Senior User
axmrdr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Phones, tablets, and even computers need to be rebooted occasionally. Don't know why. Even one of my tablets warns me if it hasn't been rebooted in the last week or so.
I have a computer for our home entertainment center that runs 24/7 for months without issue.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:19 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
I work with a gabillion computers and computerized devices at work. It took a while, but all my operators are trained to reboot the device or the software when things don't make sense. There are so many devices, we typically have 3 reboots on any given day - and Friday night is a shut-down.

Now... startups... that's a whole thing in and of itself. We had a startup that took 1/2 hour yesterday. Computers have "moods". I have my carputer that collects dust from time to time. Any time I have to dust it off, I boot it about 1/2 hour before I even contemplate using it.

Old 11-09-2018, 06:57 PM
axmrdr
Senior User
I don't know if I should start another thread or just get a reply here since we are talking about PIDs everyone will know the formulas Tugly furnished.

Anyway here it goes. Do these look numbers look normal for a basically stock engine?
Is there a thread or a guide where these numbers will give me a heads up if they change?
Screenshot taken on fairly level ground, approx 75mph, after about 15 miles of riding to get warmed up. I've got 271k on the clock so I'd rather have a little warning for preventative maintenance. I have a little idea of what I'm looking at....a little. I know temperatures and voltages are good. Boost seems good to me, it will hit high 20's if I stomp on it.
I can monitor changes but if these numbers are off now I'll never know the difference.
Thanks for looking.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:05 PM
Sous
SXE Junkie
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
axmrdr , they look good to me. You should have no concerns about the numbers you are seeing there.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:09 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Nice tuning there. Do I see engine braking? I set my max TDP to 40 (same with EBP), and all of my gauges to 270-degree sweep.

Oh... and the ICP, IPR, and, FIPW got boring for me to watch, so I put those on page 2. My page one has Torque Converter Slip - very important when towing.

Old 11-10-2018, 12:56 PM
axmrdr
Senior User
Thanks guys. That's good to hear. She seems like she's running well. Leaking more oil than I like right now and too busy working to find time to figure out where its coming from. About to go back to normal work schedule in a about week, I'll start looking then. Driving the Buick most days on commutes to minimize oil spots in driveway.

I'll keep reading and learning. Appreciate the feedback. (Never knew that diesels were such science projects) Sure love my truck though.