Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

2018 edition TorquePro 7.3L PSD Tablet / Phone PID Monitoring

Old 02-15-2018, 10:18 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Bran_SVT
All I did was import the PIDs .csv file, I didn't use any of the theme or dash .zip files. Do I need the other files for the PIDs to work? My profile is already set to my specific OBDII adapter. Could it mean that my adapter is faulty or incompatible? I have the KOBRA from amazon.
is the KOBRA “ELM-327” compatible? If not it will not work, also be warned most of the Chinese KO’s are hit and miss (more miss then hit and when it does hit your trying to hit a penny with a B.B. from space with a B.B. gun)

the the best luck we (Tuggly and I) is the OBDLink MX (green IIRC) for droids

also some ECUs are bugged, In the settings there should be a tick box that will allow TalkPro to account for this

Old 02-16-2018, 12:25 AM
portsample
Mountain Pass

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Here's where my Torque tablet has been riding for close to a year now. I made a wedge out of Miliput to conform to the dash curves where I wanted the tablet to be. Let it harden. Then applied Velcro to mating surfaces. It is very secure. Tablet is Nexus 7 running a custom ROM. Thanks Tugly for the masterful PID-Fu.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:32 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaime74656
is the KOBRA “ELM-327” compatible? If not it will not work, also be warned most of the Chinese KO’s are hit and miss (more miss then hit and when it does hit your trying to hit a penny with a B.B. from space with a B.B. gun)
Every v1.7 I have tried has worked. Versions 1.9 and 2.x were hit and miss on our trucks. Used to be as simple as finding v 1.7, but now...

Old 02-20-2018, 04:26 PM
brian42
Lead Driver
Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaime74656
the the best luck we (Tuggly and I) is the OBDLink MX (green IIRC) for droids
I have the OBDLink LX (green) and it works great. The MX is black and AFAIK the only differences are that the MX works with CAN also and has a Wi-Fi version available.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:59 AM
portsample
Mountain Pass

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Here's the Milliput epoxy putty and dash before application and during. I attached a piece of Saran-wrap to the dash with masking tape to prevent epoxy residue from sticking to it. Plywood board in second picture was to get a flat surface for the tablet mounting surface. Hardened putty block was cleaned up with a sander. Velcro was attached to mating surfaces on the finished block, dash, and tablet. Milliput is available on Amazon for about $10. Enough to make one mounting block.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:43 PM
Jason Warner
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Tugly.
I ran into a problem with the TPD pid. It was reading 380.5 this was koeo when I tested it. Also have a question as to why my ecu shows that it will read pid [0a] . That is the fuel pressure pid. I know our trucks don't read fuel pressure. I found this when I opened torque scan and just went down the list of pids just looking at them. it comes up lime green in there. I do not see it anywhere else though. I also don't get any data with the IAT2 pid. not that I need that one. I just noticed it wasn't getting any data.

Been around here a while. Just never really had the need to post.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys do. I am always looking for ways to get more info from my truck.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:18 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
380 sure is a weird result for EBP - MAP. Ooo... I just saw a yellow "auto-saved" pop up in the lower corner. I remember the early years when I would lose a big post - and go outside to count to 1000. I then got in the habit of using Notepad to write, then copy and paste. Eventually, I stopped making mistakes and the board got more reliable.

Anywho... With a weird number like that, did it show up during a test - or after it was set on the screen? Is all your stuff set to PSI and other imperial settings, or is it set to metric?

Old 03-02-2018, 05:33 PM
Jason Warner
New User
Originally Posted by Tugly
380 sure is a weird result for EBP - MAP. Ooo... I just saw a yellow "auto-saved" pop up in the lower corner. I remember the early years when I would lose a big post - and go outside to count to 1000. I then got in the habit of using Notepad to write, then copy and paste. Eventually, I stopped making mistakes and the board got more reliable.

Anywho... With a weird number like that, did it show up during a test - or after it was set on the screen? Is all your stuff set to PSI and other imperial settings, or is it set to metric?
Yeah I agree it is weird. unless it was suppose to be .380 that is about how much my ebp and map were showing different at the time. Yes it was when I tested it that it came up with that reading.

also something I forgot to mention lastnight. when I went to add the pid in. It made me change the long name by adding a 2 to the end of it because there is already one with the long name. Yes all of my other stuff is set to Imperial settings.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:29 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Jason Warner
...It made me change the long name by adding a 2 to the end of it because there is already one with the long name....
That's better than the previous Torque version crashing the PID if there was more than one with the same long name.

I suspect your math in your PID is off by a few decimals. I would recommend experimenting with moving the decimal in the math to have it make sense.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:06 AM
Jason Warner
New User
That's better than the previous Torque version crashing the PID if there was more than one with the same long name.

I suspect your math in your PID is off by a few decimals. I would recommend experimenting with moving the decimal in the math to have it make sense.
Ok I am an idiot. I just went through it all again and I had a ) in the wrong place lol. Haven't tried it yet but will tomorrow.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:38 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
We've all done it... math is so literal.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:51 PM
Jason Warner
New User
Yeah. Still makes ya feel stupid when you figure it out.
Worked great yesterday and today.

Thanks for your help.

Now I am just waiting on that Hpo system one you were working on lol. That sounds like a very useful one.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:06 PM
MeTo
Tuned
Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts
Thanks for your efforts Tug. I don't use mine much anymore, basically only when something doesn't sound or feel right. I do have a friend
and neighbor who has it setup because they saw mine on the way to the pub.

Old 03-10-2018, 05:50 PM
Cdubbin90
New User
Help from Grand Master Tugly

hey Tugly I recently purchased my first diesel, it' a 1999 7.3 and I bought it knowing it had issues, this is the first diesel truck I have owned and I've done alot to it also alot of research. In all my research one thing I have learned is throughout the years with the ford 7.3 that comes up is Tugly. With that being said and I know it sounds weird and I don' know anyway else to reach out to you, I just made my account on here because it' an awesome resource. So still learning to navigate the site. But with all respect I would love if you could help be my mentor to my new diesel journey and if possible you could reach me at cdubbin90@gmail.com

thank you Tugly!

Old 03-11-2018, 02:24 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Cdubbin90
hey Tugly I recently purchased my first diesel, it' a 1999 7.3 and I bought it knowing it had issues, this is the first diesel truck I have owned and I've done alot to it also alot of research. In all my research one thing I have learned is throughout the years with the ford 7.3 that comes up is Tugly. With that being said and I know it sounds weird and I don' know anyway else to reach out to you, I just made my account on here because it' an awesome resource. So still learning to navigate the site. But with all respect I would love if you could help be my mentor to my new diesel journey and if possible you could reach me at cdubbin90@gmail.com

thank you Tugly!
Hooboy.... First... I am deeply flattered that I am regarded so highly, and I thank you for your kind words. Saying that, I suffered a bit of 7.3 burnout last year, and returned to my boating hobby with what little spare time I have. I still log in to hang out with the good and decent folk here, and chime in with the stuff that easy to answer quickly - like posting links to thorough answers. In addition to that... it's best to allow everybody here to assist. There are many here with the same answers I have, and there are those who exceed my knowledge.

You absolutely came to the right place (FTE) if the goal was to get in-depth answers to your questions, not get talked into spending more money than absolutely necessary, and be treated with decency and respect (no trolls allowed here).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 edition TorquePro 7.3L PSD Tablet / Phone PID Monitoring