Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Powerstroke PIDs

Old 02-04-2018, 07:17 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
I was going to get a screenshot of my current setup, but I didn't get the chance yet. I have an old video that shows my earlier screens, and it shows how to simplify the view without losing access to info:

Old 02-04-2018, 08:43 AM
unleashd
Elder User
unleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by coax9952 View Post
Too Much! Too Much! That screen makes My brain hurt!
I wasn't sure which of those gauges have meaningful data while driving. So threw a bunch of them on multiple screens and tried them out

BTW, word of caution to my fellow FTE folks - the
BAFX BT OBD reader BAFX BT OBD reader
that I bought recently, seems to have caused a severe drain on my battery. Within 8 hours of installing it and also having driven the EX for more than 50 miles yesterday, my truck did not have enough juice at the end of the day to start at the end of the day. Had to unplug the OBD reader and turn off everything electrical to get the EX going. There may be other factors involved, including very low temps and age of the battery, but this was a sharp drop in the battery condition. And add to this, this $22 reader gave me no additional information and features than my previous $8 reader I'll be sending this back to Amazon. Again, this is just my experience. YMMV.

Old 02-04-2018, 01:05 PM
coax9952
Athletic Supporter
coax9952 has a very good reputation on FTE.coax9952 has a very good reputation on FTE.coax9952 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I'm more inclined to thinking it's your Batteries.... I've been using a Bafx for 5 years.( On new interstate Batts) and I've forgotten to Pull it over a 4 day weekend. and it hasn't drained the Voltage. They only draw 20 milliamps in an Hr. The only Dongle made that goes to sleep on it's own is OBDLink MX,SX,LX Units....and you pay for that feature.....

Old 02-04-2018, 02:50 PM
unleashd
Elder User
unleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to behold
I'm more inclined to thinking it's your Batteries.... I've been using a Bafx for 5 years.( On new interstate Batts) and I've forgotten to Pull it over a 4 day weekend. and it hasn't drained the Voltage. They only draw 20 milliamps in an Hr. The only Dongle made that goes to sleep on it's own is OBDLink MX,SX,LX Units....and you pay for that feature.....
It is very much possible. I did a quick and dirty battery test. It drops from 12.6V cold to 9.68V while cranking.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:59 PM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
Check your battery & cable connections too. Look for corrosion in the cable itself coming back from the terminals. Sous has had some good write-ups on that topic. After my recent battery replacement, I'm now concerned about the DS battery positive terminal going south.

Old 02-04-2018, 09:26 PM
L-ight
Senior User
L-ight is starting off with a positive reputation.
So I got my torque app setup and using the Ford Pid. Now Im curious what are the normal ranges for the gauges and what gauges should I monitor? Truck is a stock 2003 Ford F250 7.3L. Only has 85k miles. Also how do I add those custom PIDs? I copied the files to a usb and plugged it into head unit. The files came up, but the only torque folder I have is logs. No idea where to put these files.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:16 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by L-ight View Post
...The files came up, but the only torque folder I have is logs. No idea where to put these files.
You can open the PID file with a spreadsheet and look at the settings to program yours manually (Settings/Manage Extended PIDs).

You can click on this

Any other method involves putting your Android device in "Developer Mode". Developer mode is not the same thing as "rooting" a device - I refuse to do that because it makes a bigger mess than you started with. All of my Android devices are set to Developer mode as soon as I get them out of the box - think of it as setting myself as the Administrator. Once you have admin rights on your device, you have the ability to work with the folders and files like one does on a PC.

Every single device/OS combination is different, so you would need to search for the procedure on this, then get a file explorer app that has the least ads in there.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:46 AM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
Too Much! Too Much! That screen makes My brain hurt!

This is an older picture. I have since adjusted things. I feel it helps to play with the min and max numbers so that when everything is "good" the needles are close to straight up. At a quick glance your eyes will notice something not at 12 oclock and then you can "read" to see what it is.
Most of these are meant to be read under load.

Ignoring intake temp and mat. those are just for my curiosity.

HPOP it is easy to tell if it falls under 2500.

FIPW easy to tell if it is over 3 ms

IPR does not hit 50 need to adjust for 45 at straight up.

EOT need to play with usually 190 - 21- IIRC.

EBP and BOOST are just to record my max and compare the difference. tried the gauge to show the difference and got odd results.

RPM My dash tach is off so I use this one instead. also nice to record max.

MPH just te record max

Throttle percent. sometimes I need to move my foot for 100%. My boot hits the floor and it feels like i have it floored but only at 90% unless I reposition my foot. hard to compare tunes when you are not always using the full pedal...

My egt and mechanical boost gauges are also clocked this way. I notice it when it passes 1000 and keep it under 1200.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:35 AM
L-ight
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
You can open the PID file with a spreadsheet and look at the settings to program yours manually (Settings/Manage Extended PIDs).

You can click on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWR6qsTQYHc

Any other method involves putting your Android device in "Developer Mode". Developer mode is not the same thing as "rooting" a device - I refuse to do that because it makes a bigger mess than you started with. All of my Android devices are set to Developer mode as soon as I get them out of the box - think of it as setting myself as the Administrator. Once you have admin rights on your device, you have the ability to work with the folders and files like one does on a PC.

Every single device/OS combination is different, so you would need to search for the procedure on this, then get a file explorer app that has the least ads in there.
I believe my headunit has that option. It also has USB debugging if that helps at all.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:21 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
I finally grabbed my phone and took a shot of my current screen.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:03 AM
L-ight
Senior User
Tugly. I finally got mine all setup as well. I wonder why the coolant sensor doesn't work on this app?

Old 02-12-2018, 10:18 AM
nossliw
Postmaster
nossliw has a great reputation on FTE.nossliw has a great reputation on FTE.nossliw has a great reputation on FTE.nossliw has a great reputation on FTE.nossliw has a great reputation on FTE.
anybody have a good cheap tablet to recommend and run this on, and literally will only be used for torque....

Old 02-12-2018, 10:29 AM
Sous
SXE Junkie
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by nossliw View Post
anybody have a good cheap tablet to recommend and run this on, and literally will only be used for torque....
Pete started a good thread about this a while back.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...endations.html

Old 02-12-2018, 01:56 PM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by L-ight View Post
Tugly. I finally got mine all setup as well. I wonder why the coolant sensor doesn't work on this app?
It's not the app... there is no coolant sensor on the PCM with an automatic transmission. You need to use Engine Oil Temperature.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:13 PM
L-ight
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
It's not the app... there is no coolant sensor on the PCM with an automatic transmission. You need to use Engine Oil Temperature.
Ahh did not know this. I am using the EOT and Trans temp as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 Powerstroke PIDs

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.