Lawsuit - Anyone heard of this? - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Lawsuit - Anyone heard of this?

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lawsuit - Anyone heard of this?

Old 01-15-2018, 08:23 AM
Nipperdog
Elder User
Nipperdog is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It will be a problem for anyone with a Deleted Truck if there is a Mandatory Recall from the EPA

Old 01-15-2018, 09:24 AM
djousma
Posting Guru
djousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to behold
oh, I hadnt even considered that. Then again, I think this suit is BS. Attorneys trying to make money.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:53 AM
camminich
Senior User
camminich is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Nipperdog View Post
It will be a problem for anyone with a Deleted Truck if there is a Mandatory Recall from the EPA
I would say so too. VW folks that did similar mods were ineligible for the buyback.

But I think I would delete before giving my truck back if they were not able to keep the HP and torque as is. I know one person that kept their Audi Q7 Diesel after the buyback and have said the changes VW made feels (stressing feels) like they took about 50 hp and 100 torque out. I would truly prefer to keep my DEF and DPF as is and hope this is just fodder.

Old 01-15-2018, 12:46 PM
F350 1990
Elder User
F350 1990 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yes the lawsuit is active as are even more costly ones on defective Takata Air Bags -- incredible that Ford continues to install these, plus they've deliberately limited the recall to high humidity areas when they know the problem is more pervasive --- 5 to 6 Million Ford vehicles have the defective air bags in them. Ford has been burying their heads in the sand because of high replacement costs for the air bags.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:27 PM
dirthawg
Elder User
dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.
TLDR here is the lawsuit complaint in PDF if anyone cares to read through all 273 pages worth.

https://www.hbsslaw.com/uploads/case...compressed.pdf

Old 01-15-2018, 08:10 PM
Chad149
Deplorable
Chad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by F350 1990 View Post
Yes the lawsuit is active as are even more costly ones on defective Takata Air Bags -- incredible that Ford continues to install these, plus they've deliberately limited the recall to high humidity areas when they know the problem is more pervasive --- 5 to 6 Million Ford vehicles have the defective air bags in them. Ford has been burying their heads in the sand because of high replacement costs for the air bags.
The airbag mess affects almost every manufacturer. I'm in the Mercedes service world, and they are doing the same. The capacity to manufacture replacement airbags any faster is limited in more than one area of the supply chain.
The new airbags are cleared as o.k. My only question is how Takata is still in business....

Old 01-15-2018, 08:21 PM
73F700
Senior User
73F700 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.73F700 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
They aren't... as of june last year.

"Japanese airbag maker Takata Corp. has filed for bankruptcy protection in Tokyo and the U.S., overwhelmed by lawsuits and recall costs related to its production of faulty airbag inflators."

Taken from here; Japanese airbag maker Takata files for bankruptcy - Business - CBC News

Old 01-15-2018, 09:54 PM
Chad149
Deplorable
Chad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputation
I knew they filed, but did not know Key bought the assets. The replacement airbags coming in still have "Takata" on them, i figured they were still operating under court supervision.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:47 PM
Boaterguy
Senior User
Boaterguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Following this,,,,,very interesting. My 2015 was flashed 6 months ago to solve the shake/shudder when starting a regen, and drives the same as it always did. Now, if you have warranty work done, or an emissions test like we do here in California, they would have to tell you they reflashed or played with your programming??

Old 01-15-2018, 11:09 PM
Chad149
Deplorable
Originally Posted by Boaterguy View Post
Following this,,,,,very interesting. My 2015 was flashed 6 months ago to solve the shake/shudder when starting a regen, and drives the same as it always did. Now, if you have warranty work done, or an emissions test like we do here in California, they would have to tell you they reflashed or played with your programming??
Not sure about Cali, i suspect it's the same, but here in Michigan all work performed on your vehicle needs to be documented on the repair order, even freebies. For example, you requested a wheel balence, and it was decided to do a rotation as well. No extra cost, but it needs to be stated. Same with any other recalls or product "improvements".

Old 01-15-2018, 11:29 PM
Dakster
Post Fiend
Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Boaterguy View Post
IIRC, any modification to the vehicle, including programming, needs CARB approval... This was debated back in my 6.0 days (so more than 10 years ago). Something about if the dealer added an extra washer it would need CARB approval because the extra gram of weight couldn't affect emissions somehow.

Most states, like Chad says about his, have laws that all work must be documented even if free and an estimate for work must given prior to work being done.

I don't like the "geographic" recall part as I bought and oeprated my vehicles for years in South Florida, but then moved to Alaska. So I won't be "last" because Alaska isn't warm or humid, yet my airbags could be ready to blow at any moment. Luckily, those vehicles have now rotated out of the household.

Radium - I feel for you - it seems like you can't get a good truck lately.

Old 01-16-2018, 07:18 PM
swarf_rat
Elder User
swarf_rat has a good reputation on FTE.swarf_rat has a good reputation on FTE.swarf_rat has a good reputation on FTE.
We are a long way away from the conclusion of this, but if it comes to pass that a detuning flash is required, I'd probably spend a few bucks to document the pre-flash power on a dyno. If post flash it looked a lot different, compensation would be in order.

Old 01-16-2018, 07:35 PM
Dakster
Post Fiend
Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
If they detune my tuck back to 325hp, that would push me to tune and delete it...

Old 01-16-2018, 07:46 PM
goatram
Senior User
goatram is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
If they detune my tuck back to 325hp, that would push me to tune and delete it...
True words.

Old 01-16-2018, 07:49 PM
Boaterguy
Senior User
Boaterguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
I can't wait to get the hell out of California, Then all that crap comes off my truck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lawsuit - Anyone heard of this?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: