Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

passenger front sag?

Old 01-12-2018, 01:48 PM
marshun
Freshman User
marshun is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
passenger front sag?

02 2wd 7.3

i got my new z code springs and swapped them in thinking it would even the front of my excursion. new bilsteins all around.

passenger side measures 20.5" fender to middle of hub
drivers side 21.5" fender to middle of the hub

the result is the same before and after spring swap. now im at a loss.

bushings look fine and dont have much play when i pry them.
bearings are good. passed the wiggle test but i went ahead and took them apart just to make sure.

what am i missing?

Old 01-12-2018, 07:09 PM
pirate4x4_camo
Postmaster
pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by marshun View Post
02 2wd 7.3

i got my new z code springs and swapped them in thinking it would even the front of my excursion. new bilsteins all around.

passenger side measures 20.5" fender to middle of hub
drivers side 21.5" fender to middle of the hub

the result is the same before and after spring swap. now im at a loss.

bushings look fine and dont have much play when i pry them.
bearings are good. passed the wiggle test but i went ahead and took them apart just to make sure.

what am i missing?

1. What were the old measurements ?
2. What are the measurements in the rear ?
3. Where did you get your "new springs " ?

Old 01-13-2018, 12:13 AM
marshun
Freshman User
1. they were the same

2. i didnt measure them.

3. fordpartsgiant.com

swapped s codes for z codes. i referenced this thread https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...n-upgrade.html

Old 01-13-2018, 05:43 AM
Oldguyfl
Posting Guru
Oldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud of
Body mounts, radiator support, frame damage?

Old 01-13-2018, 08:08 AM
luisv
Junior User
luisv is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.luisv is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'd measure frame to floor on a relatively level surface like a garage floor. This should be better to see if you are level.

While down there changing springs I assume the hanger/shackle mounts looked OK.... correct?

The reason I say this is because by measuring to the body you are assuming the body is level on the frame. Bushings/mounts can be bad. Mounting points damaged/bent, etc. If nothing else, measuring frame to floor will give you the difference and confirm if body is on correctly.

Old 01-13-2018, 12:56 PM
marshun
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Oldguyfl View Post
Body mounts, radiator support, frame damage?
i didnt even look at the body mounts. i been staring at this frame for a bit. cleaned it off and looked for stress marks or something that would tell me theres damage. i got nothing

rad support looks good

Old 01-13-2018, 01:02 PM
marshun
Freshman User
Originally Posted by luisv View Post
I'd measure frame to floor on a relatively level surface like a garage floor. This should be better to see if you are level.

While down there changing springs I assume the hanger/shackle mounts looked OK.... correct?

The reason I say this is because by measuring to the body you are assuming the body is level on the frame. Bushings/mounts can be bad. Mounting points damaged/bent, etc. If nothing else, measuring frame to floor will give you the difference and confirm if body is on correctly.
i did measure from the frame to floor too. passenger side is a little lower. but it corresponds with how the passenger front is a little lower.
im still not sure from what. frame looks fine, mounts for the springs looked fine.

im gonna take a look at the spring mounts again.

arms would bend before the frame right? i do have the other excursion here still. i think i'll just swap out the suspension and see if it helps. at this point im at a loss anyway.