1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

power bucket seat wiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 09:43 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 726 Likes on 259 Posts
power bucket seat wiring

verified that my seats work forward,backward, up and down... but haven't messed with heaters

these diagrams lead me to believe that if power is applied to the main seat lines that I also have power to the heater circuits... that look right to yall ??? I hate car wiring diagrams like this

Attached Images  
Old 01-28-2018, 10:01 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,130 Likes on 2,655 Posts
There are other components in the vehicle they came from John and I really don't think you need the heat function to work where you are. When I had my seats reupholstered I eliminated the heating pads and the memory functions .Just used the main power and ground wire , tied them together on one circuit. There isn't enough room in the cab to get the full function of the seats anyway..

Old 01-28-2018, 10:16 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
John, John, John... you don't know my wife... she uses the bun warmers on cool evening and loves the heat on her back... and here is Sweet Home Alabama we can drive all year... I'll even admit to the back warmer sometimes... feels nice... I'll figure it out eventually...

j

Old 01-28-2018, 02:14 PM
Mixer man
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Schematic is a little too fuzzy for my old eyes, but there should be a timer inline and downstream of the heat activation switch.

Old 01-28-2018, 03:23 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Bob, I've got a better set of diagrams and more pages... I just don't know all the nomenclature and legends... must have missed that page. figured S= switch C= connector, etc but the symbols I don't know..

mainly wanted to know if the seat heat module got power from the main seat motor wiring... guess I need to get in there with a volt meter and follow some wires, eh ?? I can scan the other pics and send if you want to see them... let me know

Old 01-28-2018, 04:06 PM
Mixer man
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jniolon
Bob, I've got a better set of diagrams and more pages... I just don't know all the nomenclature and legends... must have missed that page. figured S= switch C= connector, etc but the symbols I don't know..

mainly wanted to know if the seat heat module got power from the main seat motor wiring... guess I need to get in there with a volt meter and follow some wires, eh ?? I can scan the other pics and send if you want to see them... let me know
I'm not that familiar with that manufacturer's schematics, but symbols and legends sometimes denote that the schematic or circuit is continued or expanded on a different page. You can PM me if you like. What are the seats from?

Old 01-28-2018, 06:19 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,831 Likes on 1,833 Posts
John,
That looks like a GM wiring schematic. Yea, not my favorite style of schematic either but what can you do.

I would say that yes, the seat heater get their power from the main switch which is getting its power through the circuit breaker and the fuse. I'm guessing that the 40Amp fuse is one of those Maxi fuses.

Bobby

Old 01-28-2018, 07:14 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by bobbytnm
John,
That looks like a GM wiring schematic. Yea, not my favorite style of schematic either but what can you do.

I would say that yes, the seat heater get their power from the main switch which is getting its power through the circuit breaker and the fuse. I'm guessing that the 40Amp fuse is one of those Maxi fuses.

Bobby
It's Chrysler Bobby, same seats I have..

Old 01-28-2018, 07:48 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
finally got the catchers mitt off my right hand and can do "light" stuff..,. might get in the shop tomorrow and do a little sniffing around with a voltmeter... I'm eat up with cabin fever

Old 01-28-2018, 08:55 PM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 467 Likes on 303 Posts
I recently got the electronics controls for my bucket seats wrung out and operational...what a PITA, and I am an electrical engineer. I am using the seats out of a 2004 Lincoln Aviator which had all the fancy Driver1/Driver2 memory crap in it. All of the controls for the memory including mirror adjustment, seat location, steering wheel height, etc., etc. is located in the driver's seat. I ended up buying another passenger seat and swapped the electronics into my drivers seat to simplify the circuitry. As for the seat heaters...my seats have a separate power source and a separate control switch for the heaters. My seats have the controls located in the doors rather than in the base of the seat so the wiring is a bit more complex. I took all the pertinent wiring pages out of the Lincoln service manual and I pieced it all together so that I will have a good reference document to go with the vehicle. I also drew up a schematic that has all the circuits on one page...there is a lot of other stuff on those drawings that are only a confusion factor. I would take the info that you have circled in your green square and draw a schematic from it using what is really in your truck...it will make it a lot easier to wring out.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:28 PM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
John, I'm not sure what model and year Chrysler seat you have but there are no timers on the seat heaters, but they do have a separate ground which I think shows as G200 in your diagram.

Here is a diagram for a Grand Cherokee that may be clearer for you.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:05 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Originally Posted by 56panelford
It's Chrysler Bobby, same seats I have..

Well, I'll be....
Learn something new everyday. I've been out of the game for awhile, I didn't realize that the other manufacturers went to that style of wiring schematic.

Back when I was wrenching I hated those schematics when they first came out. It's like everything else though, if you use them often enough they aren't too bad.

Bobby

Old 01-29-2018, 08:15 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
I was told by the dealership that those seats are all integrated with a module in the dash and the main ECM , I sweat seating on leather, heating pads in the summer I'd be swimming in sweat and likely step on my sack when I stepped out of the truck...lol

Old 01-29-2018, 09:05 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Originally Posted by 56panelford
and likely step on my sack when I stepped out of the truck...lol

LOL.....and nobody wants to see that!!

Old 01-29-2018, 09:34 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by bobbytnm
LOL.....and nobody wants to see that!!
I pity John in Alabama because it gets a lot hotter down there...he's going to be in a world of hurt...lol

Quick Reply: power bucket seat wiring