Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Ford F150 Lariat Driver blowing hot

Old 01-12-2018, 09:30 AM
bsagrillo
New User
bsagrillo is starting off with a positive reputation.
2015 Ford F150 Lariat Driver blowing hot

Hi all. I have a 2015 Ford F150 Lariat. A couple of weeks ago, during the middle of the night, all of the sudden my horns started honking like someone was breaking in to my truck. I went outside and no one was around. I turned the horn off with the FOB and the horn started honking again almost immediately. It did this a couple more times and I had to get in the truck and start it to keep it from going off. The neighbors loved me. I turned the car off and it quit. Then, about 3:00 am, it happened again, and it wouldn't shut off again. I started the truck again and let it run while I went in the house to do a quick google search to see if this has happened to anyone before. Nothing. I finally figured, that since it is in the middle of the night, I would just disconnect the battery. I disconnected the battery and of course everything in side the truck lost power and no more problem. I went out the next morning to see if I could see what the problem was but came up with nothing. Later that day, I finally found the problem. My wife had washed her Key FOB for the truck. Apparently after everything got wet, the FOB went haywire. Needless to say, I hooked the battery back up about 11:00 am and we were actually on our way to the airport for a little weekend vacation. When the weekend was over, we got back to the truck and started it up, (this is December in Colorado, by the way) andonly the drivers side would blow hot, the passenger side was cold. Then after playing with the Dual Climate Controls, nothing changes. If I turn the drivers to blow cold air or A/C, it only blows hot. If I turn the Passengers to blow hot, it only blows cold air. I thought it might be the Blender door actuator so I went and got one of those and attempted to change that until I saw how much of the dash had to come out. I got all of the radio, glove box and some of the dash before I quit and realized it was inevitable that I break something. I did see an actuator on the bottom, near the hump, that matched my actuator and I replaced it but no luck. It was worth a shot, I thought. Now I read about that after you change your battery, you have to take your truck to ford so they can reset the Battery Management System (BMS). Why on earth....??? I should say, I don't have a battery light lit up on my dash or anything out of the normal and I know they say that it should reset itself after 8 hours of non-operation, but I also read that that does not always work. I tried to reset the BMS with Forscan but it doesn't say that it is disabled. It seems very odd to me that this happens, literally, the day after I disconnect the power. It seems like a simple fix but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. Short of taking it to the dealership...does anyone have any thoughts on what I can do to get heat back in the vehicle. From what I can tell, that is the only thing affected since I disconnected the battery.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:06 PM
Tx.Hoon
Junior User
Tx.Hoon is starting off with a positive reputation.
disconnect the battery again. When both leads are disconnected, take both leads and touch them together. This will drain out any remaining power that might be stored in the system. Reconnect the battery and see if it helped.

I have seem this posted before on other vehicle websites and people have said it fixed their a/c air routing issue. The most recent time I saw it was on a corvette forum and the guys car would not change the location of the air blowing out.

I don't know if it will work, but it is a shot and should not hurt anything.

Let us know how it turns out.

Old 01-13-2018, 01:38 AM
JKBrad
Postmaster
JKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to all
Also turn the beadlight switch on when the battery is out. Leave it like that for 30 minutes or so before reconnecting the battery.

Old 01-18-2018, 08:29 AM
bsagrillo
New User
bsagrillo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well. nothing has worked so far. I tried touching the two leads together and it didn't fix anything. I'll try the headlight trick tonight and see if that helps. I have an appointment with the Ford dealer on Monday but I hate to take this in because I know it is going to be a 5 minute fix. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks for all the help.