6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

new boss snowplow installed today

Old 03-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Tjhunter-jeepman
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new boss snowplow installed today

got my new boss v snow plow installed on my new 6.7 beast, came up over our mountian like it wasnt even on there, just amazed on how this truck runs, l love fords, might have to tow my 65 fastback to car shows this year instead of drivng it there..lol

Old 03-04-2011, 10:09 PM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tjhunter-jeepman
got my new boss v snow plow installed on my new 6.7 beast, came up over our mountian like it wasnt even on there, just amazed on how this truck runs, l love fords, might have to tow my 65 fastback to car shows this year instead of drivng it there..lol
Pic-tures please!

Old 03-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes please post pics. Congrats.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:46 PM
MidMichigan
Junior User
Congradulations!

What made you choose the Boss over say Western?

Did you get the snow plow poackage on your truck?
I am trying to figure out what it consists of. Heavier front springs I think. Also trying to figure out if there is a factory wireharness to power up the plow. Mine is getting a plow on it too.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Tjhunter-jeepman
Junior User
Originally Posted by MidMichigan
Congradulations!

Did you get the snow plow poackage on your truck?
I am trying to figure out what it consists of. Heavier front springs I think. Also trying to figure out if there is a factory wireharness to power up the plow. Mine is getting a plow on it too.
I believe the snowplow package comes with computer tuned springs and heavier suspension, I think the wiring is already there, but you can go and checl on a ford build sheet, by the way, it runs with a new v plow on the front like there is nothing on it at all, awesome power, also, ford gave me a 1000 rebate for a up fitters if you add a plow on your truck, and find a dealer on boss plows that have on on stock, and they will probally give you five hundred dollars off of it too, my local dealer did, good luck

Old 03-06-2011, 01:05 AM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru

I believe the snowplow package comes with computer tuned springs and heavier suspension, I think the wiring is already there, but you can go and checl on a ford build sheet, by the way, it runs with a new v plow on the front like there is nothing on it at all, awesome power, also, ford gave me a 1000 rebate for a up fitters if you add a plow on your truck, and find a dealer on boss plows that have on on stock, and they will probally give you five hundred dollars off of it too, my local dealer did, good luck
I think besides the springs, you get a heavy duty alternator. The front axle without the upgrade is rated for 5600 and 6000 with the snow plow package. There is no wiring provided for any snowplow manufacturers. Most of the manufacturers have their own harnesses.

Tjhunter -- I am curious on how they treated your front valence. I have not installed my plow yet, but I don't want the valence to be pulled off. I have seen one guy here who did a great job of installing the plow and cutting notches in for the plow hardware.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:12 AM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by MidMichigan
Congradulations!

I have plowed for years with Meyers and a few others. The Boss uses a ram instead of a chain to raise and lower the blade. Some say that it gives better backdragging but most of these blades (designed for the size of trucks we are driving) usually do a good enough job because of their weight.

One drawback to the Boss is the fact that if they lose the ram, you will need to drive it back for repair with the blade down. The chain driven ones can be driven into a snow bank and the chain shortened to get the truck back.

The main thing I look for is supportability. Having a dealer nearby is important if you do a fair amount of plowing. Hoses break, solenoids fail...

Old 03-06-2011, 06:34 AM
MidMichigan
Junior User
Good advice, Thank you.
My Western is old and getting pretty banged up. Can't see putting it on the new F350, I will be buying a new blade for next year. Haven't taken the time to look into Bosses to much yet. I will over the summer though. Local support is a definately a plus too.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:55 AM
79_250RangerLariat
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I too have a Boss 9'2" power V XT on my 6.7, it's great! Only part I'm still debating is shoes. They say they arn't needed on a V plow but most of what I do are dirt lots, so the last time it was heavy wet snow w/a unfrozed ground well....lets just say their will be some gravel piles to respread.
I've never used anything but a boss. My old 96 7.3 has a Superduty 8' straight blade, very heavy plow. Was on the truck when I got it, seed a hard life, and deftiately took it better than a lesser plow. I like that that Boss has a better structure than ohers that I've compaired too.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Tjhunter-jeepman
Junior User
Originally Posted by Marauder92V
I think besides the springs, you get a heavy duty alternator. The front axle without the upgrade is rated for 5600 and 6000 with the snow plow package. There is no wiring provided for any snowplow manufacturers. Most of the manufacturers have their own harnesses.

Tjhunter -- I am curious on how they treated your front valence. I have not installed my plow yet, but I don't want the valence to be pulled off. I have seen one guy here who did a great job of installing the plow and cutting notches in for the plow hardware.
they removed my valence all together, which i dont like, lets the bottom of the truck look unfinisined, and no protection for mud and salt, so i will be cutting the valence to fit around the mount, the mount sits kind of low too, but thats where it is, as far as the wiring harness, i meant that all the ends are on the plow for the wiring harness that comes with the plow, by the way, my plow didnt come with the rubber on the top of the plow, its around 160.00 dollars if i want it, which i do, and it also didnt come with covers for the plow to keep the plugs dry when off the truck, only came with covers on the truck it self, and i didnt like the way they put the ends of the harness on my truck, they used wire ties to keep it along the front tow hook, looked hookie, so i cut the ties and i just put the ends back into the truck behind the bumper, and by the way, i have had myers, and boss, if you ask me, boss is the better plow out there, i had my other one for 13 yrs with just a couple of hoses to replace, and i like the joystick better then the hand held one you get now, good luck, and i wish i had a picture of a truck with the valence cut out so i could get a idea on how to do it, and my truck came with a front sway bar, he told me that some of the new 6.7 didnt have that on the front? dont know about that one, and ford didnt paint my sway bar or the hubs behind the wheel, along with the steering shaft and steering housing, and its rusted already, he said other trucks that he did had been painted, sorry for the long reply, just wanted to give you food for thought, good luck

Old 03-07-2011, 04:26 AM
Mikeyc187
Junior User
I have a boss V on my 6.7 and a 65 fastback as well....Weird!

Old 03-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Tjhunter-jeepman
Junior User
Originally Posted by Mikeyc187
I have a boss V on my 6.7 and a 65 fastback as well....Weird!
send pics if you can, i dont know how to send pics yet ..lol

Old 03-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Mikeyc187
Junior User
send pics if you can, i dont know how to send pics yet ..lol
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Old 03-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Tjhunter-jeepman
Junior User
sweet ride, i will try to figure out how to get some pics up of my ride, I have a 65 fastback that has alot of meaning to me, My best friend was killed in Iraq in 2005, and he had a will made out, and he willed it to me, i am honored to have his ride, I used to store it for him when he would go to Iraq, never wanted it that way though, sure do miss him, but those mustangs rule, and nice truck too, i wanted white, but ended up getting red, and its kinda growing on me i guess http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/x...view=slideshow

Old 03-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Tjhunter-jeepman
Junior User
try to post pics here, Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new boss snowplow installed today