6.7L Powerstroke Disaster Prevention Kit - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page > 6.7L Powerstroke Disaster Prevention Kit
Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.7L Powerstroke Disaster Prevention Kit

Old 01-11-2018, 01:57 PM
hansenlink
Junior User
hansenlink is starting off with a positive reputation.
6.7L Powerstroke Disaster Prevention Kit

This popped up in my FB. Seems like it may be a good idea. Any thoughts?
https://www.accuratediesel.com/6-7l-...ntion-kit.html

Old 01-11-2018, 02:42 PM
rick danger
Senior User
rick danger is starting off with a positive reputation.
Seems like something to consider after warrantee has expired.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:12 PM
Tom
Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
I'm going to move this to the 6.7L forum since it's engine-specific, and you will probably get some better input down there. Their explanation sort of makes sense, but I'd be curious to see some real-world examples of this successfully preventing injector and line replacement.

$360 plus 4 hours labor would be cheap if it saves the injectors, but I don't think is is a common enough failure to justify.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:45 PM
F250_Super_4X4
Senior User
F250_Super_4X4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.F250_Super_4X4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Seems like a good idea for 11-14 trucks, in 2015 and higher the failed fuel pump roller was fixed although the pump designation was not, still the CP4.2 with a larger bore and improved roller on the lifter. Using a good lubricity additive to your fuel will greatly decrease fuel pump, injector failure rates.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:28 PM
Troy Buenger
Postmaster
Troy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by F250_Super_4X4 View Post
Seems like a good idea for 11-14 trucks, in 2015 and higher the failed fuel pump roller was fixed although the pump designation was not, still the CP4.2 with a larger bore and improved roller on the lifter. Using a good lubricity additive to your fuel will greatly decrease fuel pump, injector failure rates.

The 2015 CP4 pump change was a higher lift cam to increase volume. No other changes were made.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Troy Buenger
Postmaster
Troy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hansenlink View Post
This popped up in my FB. Seems like it may be a good idea. Any thoughts?
https://www.accuratediesel.com/6-7l-...ntion-kit.html

My thoughts is this a guarantee to void your warranty if you were to have a HPFP failure.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:31 PM
cappa
Senior User
cappa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Like you had any to begin with. They'll blame it on water in fuel and you'll pay either way, or make a claim on your insurance

Old 01-12-2018, 06:10 AM
Bugize
Senior User
Bugize is starting off with a positive reputation.
My diesel shop tried to get me to spring for one of these. A net search didnt reveal it happening much. I talked to the service guy at the dealer. The only issues he has seen are from bad fuel or people putting gas in the truck or DEF in the wrong hole