Uh Oh. Ford diesel might have been cheating too.... - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L)
Reload this Page >

Uh Oh. Ford diesel might have been cheating too....

Notices
Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Old 01-10-2018, 06:53 PM
genscripter
Posting Guru
genscripter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Kinda glad my IDI doesn't have a computer.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2018...ons-litigation

Old 01-10-2018, 07:04 PM
thomabb
Posting Guru
thomabb is a splendid one to beholdthomabb is a splendid one to beholdthomabb is a splendid one to beholdthomabb is a splendid one to beholdthomabb is a splendid one to beholdthomabb is a splendid one to behold
OK, so the Gob'mt passes laws that state under X conditions the emissions can't be above Y. The auto makers build vehicles that, under X conditions, do not produce emissions above Y. The Gob'mt tests said vehicles OUTSIDE X conditions and finds emissions above Y, and says the auto makers are cheating.

Does ANY ONE ELSE SEE THE PROBLEM HERE???

Old 01-11-2018, 07:43 AM
Chevy_Eater
Postmaster
Chevy_Eater has a great reputation on FTE.Chevy_Eater has a great reputation on FTE.Chevy_Eater has a great reputation on FTE.Chevy_Eater has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by thomabb View Post
OK, so the Gob'mt passes laws that state under X conditions the emissions can't be above Y. The auto makers build vehicles that, under X conditions, do not produce emissions above Y. The Gob'mt tests said vehicles OUTSIDE X conditions and finds emissions above Y, and says the auto makers are cheating.

Does ANY ONE ELSE SEE THE PROBLEM HERE???
In the olde days we called what you did there logic. Today it's called hate speech.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:53 AM
Olds64
Elder User
Olds64 is starting off with a positive reputation.
That's a bummer.

Call me crazy, but it makes me wonder if there are people in government with an agenda against diesel engines. I've never seen scientific, peer-reviewed evidence supporting the claim that these diesel engines (i.e. VW or Ford) are dirty. All I ever see is allegations and social engineering.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:13 AM
jmuenchow
Elder User
jmuenchow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Olds64 View Post
That's a bummer.

Call me crazy, but it makes me wonder if there are people in government with an agenda against diesel engines. I've never seen scientific, peer-reviewed evidence supporting the claim that these diesel engines (i.e. VW or Ford) are dirty. All I ever see is allegations and social engineering.
Sad, but I agree.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:36 AM
Pilgrim6
New User
Pilgrim6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
There are people in government with an agenda against everything they don't like. They want to be the petty dictator who gets to tell everyone else what to do.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:44 PM
genscripter
Posting Guru
genscripter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I read something about how the California government wants to make it so prohibitively difficult to sell Diesels here, that essentially it will be a de facto ban.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:55 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
commiefornia wants to ban all internal combustion engines and have only electric powered vehicles.

so they will need to produce 100% more dirty electricity to recharge said electric vehicles.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:25 AM
cadunkle
Posting Guru
cadunkle has a good reputation on FTE.cadunkle has a good reputation on FTE.
These things are about engines that already burn exceedingly clean while emitting virtually no pollution by any measure. It is literally about fractions of a percent. Now they want to call plant food pollution as well, since they ran out of everything else to justify their agenda. It passed absurdity a long time ago. It's all about lining the pockets of those in government and select other individuals, at the expense of the masses who never did anything to harm anyone else.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:58 PM
Peter A.
Senior User
Peter A. is starting off with a positive reputation.
Diesel fuel selling for $3.70 a gallon in norther California. Thanks Gov. Brown for adding yet another tax on Fuel. And do we really wonder why the prices of the food we eat are out of control? All that the trucking companies can do is pass the costs on to the consumer. And they do!
Peter A.

Old 01-14-2018, 05:45 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
not only the cost of diesel, but commifornia mandate that only new trucks can work in state.
guys that have perfectly good clean paid for trucks have to sell them out of state, or scrap them to purchase a new $150,000 + truck to work in commifornia???

from what i can see this new "cheating" bs is lawyer driven, not government driven.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:53 PM
Chevy_Eater
Postmaster
Chevy_Eater has a great reputation on FTE.Chevy_Eater has a great reputation on FTE.Chevy_Eater has a great reputation on FTE.Chevy_Eater has a great reputation on FTE.
That's true, we had to retire some low mileage trucks to replace them with new ones to meet the CARB rules.
It's completely against the Constitution "Ex-Post Facto" clause, but no one has challenged them on it for some reason.

Old 01-14-2018, 07:47 PM
Peter A.
Senior User
Peter A. is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've lived in Northern California for the last 65 years, and I have seen the state turn into a
s..thole with all of this tree hugging and political correctness. Come on comet !
Peter A.

Old 01-17-2018, 03:22 AM
hairyboxnoogle
Post Fiend
hairyboxnoogle has a good reputation on FTE.hairyboxnoogle has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Chevy_Eater View Post
In the olde days we called what you did there logic. Today it's called hate speech.
Stealing for sig