Notices
1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Injector problem

Old 01-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Mzurlo
New User
Mzurlo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Fuel Injector problem

I just want to verify this before taking apart. So I replaced all my injectors when I replaced my timing chain about 4 months ago, and last week my 94 Bronco started having problems, with hard starts and when I did get it running it was pushing out raw fuel out of the muffler like dripping out pretty bad.
So I hooked up my fuel pressure tester with the key on engine off and I had good pressure then it would drop to 0 within 4 seconds. so I started looking at my injectors for stuck open and so I unplugged all data feeds from injectors and found with my camera that I had fuel injectors leaking fuel in the cylinders with no data feed connected. I just want to make sure with key on and engine off It should hold pressure for a long time, right? The injectors shouldn't mist with no feed? and the rail should hold pressure am I right? or am I overlooking something?

Old 01-09-2018, 04:55 PM
Conanski
Post Fiend
Conanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Mzurlo View Post
I just want to make sure with key on and engine off It should hold pressure for a long time, right? The injectors shouldn't mist with no feed? and the rail should hold pressure am I right? or am I overlooking something?
No you got it they should not leak. Were they new, refurbished, or used?

Old 01-09-2018, 05:05 PM
Mzurlo
New User
Mzurlo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Refurbished, from this place on ebay, Ive lost faith in this place now. I've only had them for 4 months, where should I get my next 8 or what do you think the best road to take is? I see 3 that are leaking maybe 4. WET spark plugs and right when i start it fuel is dipping out of the muffler. where is a good place to buy or brand?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bosch-Flow-...tXywzy&vxp=mtr

Old 01-13-2018, 03:50 PM
Bruners4
Senior User
Bruners4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm used Mr. Injector for all of my injector work and parts.
Mr Injector - Home