Notices
Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

89 Ranger turn signals inop

Old 01-09-2018, 09:12 AM
OleskoolCarl
New User
OleskoolCarl is starting off with a positive reputation.
89 Ranger turn signals inop

Good day everyone Iíve got a 89 Ranger That I have no turn signals but I do have Flashers the number 5 fuse is good I changed the round flasher still no avail .... any possible suggestions ?

Old 01-13-2018, 01:12 AM
pawpaw
pawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to FTE.

I see you don't have any replies yet so I'll see if I can get things started.

Good idea to have checked fuses, did the problem come about suddenly after some event?

If you don't have a FSM, repair manual, or wiring schematic, go here & log in BBB Industries - TSB's & Wiring Diagrams, to have a no cost look for any TSB's for related wiring & for the power & ground wiring pictorials for your model/year.

Do you have B+ power to the turn signal lamps filament when the signal stalk is activated/they light up but don't blink?
If they light up, look to the blinker to make sure it's the right one & to it's socket for corrosion or loose fit.

If the turn filament doesn't light up, back up toward the cab to the next electrical connector to see where you loose B+ to ground, using a 12 volt test lamp, 12 volt buzzer, or multi-meter on the 20 VDC range.

Seeing as how the flashers work, it sounds like the body B-/Ground connection is ok.

Some initial trouble shooting thoughts for consideration, let us know what you find.

Old 01-13-2018, 11:57 AM
OleskoolCarl
New User
OleskoolCarl is starting off with a positive reputation.
Turn signals

I started looking around and didnít realize that the Rangers have 2 separate circuits 1 for Turn and 1 for Signals I had changed the flasher on the front side of the fuse panel and didnít see the back side that had the Actual turn signal flasher this solved my issue. Thank you everyone ! BTW the Forum Rocks !

I see you don't have any replies yet so I'll see if I can get things started.

Good idea to have checked fuses, did the problem come about suddenly after some event?

If you don't have a FSM, repair manual, or wiring schematic, go here & log in BBB Industries - TSB's & Wiring Diagrams, to have a no cost look for any TSB's for related wiring & for the power & ground wiring pictorials for your model/year.

Do you have B+ power to the turn signal lamps filament when the signal stalk is activated/they light up but don't blink?
If they light up, look to the blinker to make sure it's the right one & to it's socket for corrosion or loose fit.

If the turn filament doesn't light up, back up toward the cab to the next electrical connector to see where you loose B+ to ground, using a 12 volt test lamp, 12 volt buzzer, or multi-meter on the 20 VDC range.

Seeing as how the flashers work, it sounds like the body B-/Ground connection is ok.

Some initial trouble shooting thoughts for consideration, let us know what you find.[/QUOTE]

Old 01-13-2018, 01:47 PM
pawpaw
pawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to behold
Ok good trouble shooting, feedback & to hear all now seems well.