Bed Dress-Up Ideas - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150

Bed Dress-Up Ideas

Old 01-08-2018, 07:56 PM
Senior User

jack orchard is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bed Dress-Up Ideas

Just bought a 2017 SWB standard cab.
Any ideas as to bed liners and toppers?
Many thanks to all.,...jack
Old 01-08-2018, 08:49 PM
New User

Evodan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Can' ever go wrong getting the bed line-x'd, I currently have a rubber bed mat in but will eventually get it line-x'd.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:18 PM
Elder User

super 6.8 has a good reputation on FTE.super 6.8 has a good reputation on FTE.super 6.8 has a good reputation on FTE.
I've had a bed rug and a Century topper on mine for 11 years. Bed rug still looks like new and I've hauled some nasty stuff at times.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:00 PM
Senior User

Wiggums is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have a Century topper too on mine, along with Bed Rug too, I like that combination.

Century's owned by one of the bigger topper company, I forgot which one, but it is very good quality.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:13 PM
Elder User

KIKKUP is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.KIKKUP is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'll give a vote on the Line-X. I think it's top of the line and priced right. I have the Factory Ford liner in mine but my son got Line-X put on his '17 F-250 and it turned out super nice.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:46 AM
SPONSOR

Truck Brigade is starting off with a positive reputation.
When it comes to Bedliners, the BedRug and BedTred has our vote. There are certainly good drop in liners as well as spray in liners, however there is a down fall to each (depending on how long you plan to own the vehicle). Drop in liners tend to move around over time and scratch the paint (underneath) which can eventually lead to rust. Spray liners are very rugged and awesome for the outdoors-man but if you're someone who keeps their truck 8-10 years, it can become an eye sore. (Not always... but if not prepped and done correctly). The reason we prefer BedRug and BedTred is due to the longevity. These products can install within 20 minutes and are perfect for any user. It will never scratch the paint and if you want to remove it down the road, you can pull it right out, leaving the bed looking as good as new. If you're someone who plans on using your truck often for yard work, the BedTred may be a better fit for you over the BedRug.

I have included a link below to each of these products if you have an interest in taking a look.
Please let me know if you have any further questions!

BedTred - https://www.truckbrigade.com/BedRug-...18_p_1390.html
BedRug - https://www.truckbrigade.com/BedRug-...18_p_1357.html
Old 01-20-2018, 02:13 PM
Elder User

GABAR is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack orchard View Post
Just bought a 2017 SWB standard cab.
Any ideas as to bed liners and toppers?
Many thanks to all.,...jack
BedRug all the way.

Why have the clear coat and paint of the bed scratched and sanded just to put down a spray in bed liner and yes, I know it`s required to make a good bond but if or when the truck is sold, the next owner might not want such a product.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:15 PM
Posting Guru

GlueGuy has a good reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a good reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a good reputation on FTE.
We have the factory spary-in liner, which we like very much. We have used Line-X in the past, and IMO, I think they are very similar/comparable. However, this time we added the BedRug "mat", or whatever it's called. It covers just the bottom of the bed and the tailgate. I think this gives us the best of both worlds. And when you have to be on your hands and knees in the back of your truck, it is very easy on the knees.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:45 PM
Post Fiend

cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.
As mentioned Bed Rug is easy on knees especially for us older folk, If hauling sharp scrap or construction material with screws and nails sticking out probably not the best.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:18 PM
Senior User

garmford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABAR View Post
BedRug all the way.

Why have the clear coat and paint of the bed scratched and sanded just to put down a spray in bed liner and yes, I know it`s required to make a good bond but if or when the truck is sold, the next owner might not want such a product.
On my 2004 I had a Century cap and a rubbber bed mat and it worked great. Too bad it rusted out from the bottom from living in the salt belt. if I didnít run a cap Iíd do a spray in liner with a rubber bed mat. The beds are aluminum now so why care if they need to scratch the paint off as part of the install? Rust shouldnít be much of a factor anymore. Hopefully.

Donít worry about the next owner! We all spend a lot of $ on our trucks so set it up the way you want it and what suits your needs.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:48 PM
Postmaster

JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.
This my take on spray in liners. In order to install them, they sand and scuff the bed. Why not wait a couple years until your truck bed is scratched up. Then get the spray in and it will look like new again. That's what I'm doing. All I have right now is a heavy rubber mat.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:34 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBrad View Post
This my take on spray in liners. In order to install them, they sand and scuff the bed. Why not wait a couple years until your truck bed is scratched up. Then get the spray in and it will look like new again. That's what I'm doing. All I have right now is a heavy rubber mat.
Exactly.

Why ruin a perfectly good paint job when a rubber mat or even a BedRug XLT will work just fine.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:40 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmford View Post
On my 2004 I had a Century cap and a rubbber bed mat and it worked great. Too bad it rusted out from the bottom from living in the salt belt. if I didnít run a cap Iíd do a spray in liner with a rubber bed mat. The beds are aluminum now so why care if they need to scratch the paint off as part of the install? Rust shouldnít be much of a factor anymore. Hopefully.

Donít worry about the next owner! We all spend a lot of $ on our trucks so set it up the way you want it and what suits your needs.
Since what you did in the past worked so well for you, except for the steel bed rusting out, why not put a Century Cap and rubber mat on the aluminum bed in the F150 and call it a day.

Have a great evening.