Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

What did you do to your Superduty today? 2018 version.

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Superduty today? 2018 version.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:09 PM
jrwinger
Senior User
jrwinger is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by expy03 View Post
The 2018s are starting to show up so I figured Id start a mod thread for us. Got my 18 KR today and installed a Lomax Trifold hard Tonneau cover. 30 minute install, Low profile and looks great. Too cold yet to install the Tufskinz on the hood and tailgate.
How do yo like the lomax tri-fold? Is it easy to completely remove for full bed access?

Old 03-19-2018, 04:13 PM
traveldawg
Senior User
traveldawg is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by hlozano View Post
I started hooking up my pass thru wires to the upfitter relays. I'm using upfitter 1 for an under the dash power point for my GPS. Upfitter 2 will be for my make shift CHMSL camera, and upfitter 3 will be for in cab floor lighting. It boggles my mind how much money we pay for these trucks and Ford can't give us any more that
a couple inches of pass thru wires to work with in the cab
. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a chassis ground in the cab so I had to sacrifice one of the pass thru wires for ground connected to chassis ground in the engine compartment.
I was going to order a 3rd brake light camera kit from camera source (https://camera-source.com/2017-f250-...a-display.html) for $179. I was cleaning out my box of hardware and came across a backup camera I purchased years ago and decided to re-purpose it along with an old magnetic cell phone holder.

My make shift CHMSL camera:

Old magnetic cell phone holder was perfect for mounting the camera.

I cut off the license plate brackets and bent the remaining bracket to use with the magnet. I'll running the wires in the headliner and in the kick panel after testing is complete.

Connected to my Edge Insight CTS2.

If it works out nicely, I may go on Amazon and purchase a new backup cam with the butterfly ears on it for a smaller footprint and no lines for $20.
Amazon Amazon
You have pass thru wires in the cab? From the up fitter switches? I can't find any. I did find the ones in the engine compartment. Sure would like to find them in the passenger compartment someplace.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:30 PM
CPal
Senior User
CPal is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
You have pass thru wires in the cab? From the up fitter switches? I can't find any. I did find the ones in the engine compartment. Sure would like to find them in the passenger compartment someplace.
if I'm not mistaken he used a pass thru wire to get ground wire from in cab into the engine bay for a ground.

I just loosened off a seat bolt in back sanded down to bare metal put a ring terminal on then screwed back on for an in cab ground.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:31 PM
hlozano
Senior User
hlozano is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hlozano is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The 4 blunt-cut pass-thru wires terminate at the passenger kick panel and under hood near the passenger side firewall grommet

Old 03-19-2018, 04:33 PM
Tunaahelper
Senior User
Tunaahelper is starting off with a positive reputation.
Installed Fox 2.0 Resi's over the weekend, ordered new radar detector, Blendmount, Mirrortap, 21" antenna and level kit goes on tomorrow. Just gotta decide on tire/wheel package and I'll be more/less done with the truck,,,for now.

Oh, cell phone mount. Seems like designers don't think about cell phones.. I had installed a magnetic phone mount in a Porsche that I love and will order another for the Black Limo (what we're calling it now). ExactFit Magnetic Phone Mount-Rennline, Inc.

Old 03-20-2018, 09:16 PM
expy03
Senior User
expy03 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by jrwinger View Post
How do yo like the lomax tri-fold? Is it easy to completely remove for full bed access?
Very Easy to remove. Fold it up, unlatch the last section and pick it up and off. Its not too heavy for one person to remove and I love the low profile and clean lines.

Old 03-20-2018, 10:02 PM
Tunaahelper
Senior User
Well, 2.5" Readylift is on. Alignment got f'd up. Drove home after the shop said it was done near closing time with the wheel at 3 o'clock. Grrrrrrrrrrrr I guess they had issues with the Moog Caster Bushings..

Old 03-23-2018, 11:29 AM
Haggis 6.2
Junior User
Haggis 6.2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Capped it

Old 03-23-2018, 01:20 PM
GT4point6
Elder User
GT4point6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Husky X-act liners front and rear. LED bulbs up front (4 main, 2 fog ($112 total for all six)), Line-X, Andersen Utilmate hitch, tinted windows with tint strip across the front.
Ordered front and rear wheel liners when I ordered the truck, factory mis-built the truck and forgot the rear liners so they are now in.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:49 PM
Tunaahelper
Senior User
21" antenna. Silly mod, but I do like it...

Old 03-23-2018, 05:05 PM
tomfordgt
Senior User
tomfordgt is starting off with a positive reputation.
F-450 - Installed Gatorback rear mudflaps, Rancho RS9000XL shocks and Toyo M920 tires. (I have 6 Continental HSR tires with 560 miles on them for sale, $1400 OBO) I will list them in the marketplace classified section.

Last edited by tomfordgt; 03-23-2018 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Added Information
Old 03-23-2018, 07:19 PM
Tunaahelper
Senior User
Got myself a beautiful rock ding. Real beaut!! Didn't cost me a dime 'yet.

Alignment fix went good. Ordered wheel/tire package and finished the install of the BlendMount and MirrorTap.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:21 PM
Jcar4331
Freshman User
Jcar4331 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Had truck 2 weeks, 600 miles, Installed aftermarket running boards, Husky X-Act Floor liners, husky mud flaps, backflip Revolver X4 cover.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:48 PM
Tunaahelper
Senior User
Originally Posted by Jcar4331 View Post
Had truck 2 weeks, 600 miles, Installed aftermarket running boards, Husky X-Act Floor liners, husky mud flaps, backflip Revolver X4 cover.
Sweet looking!!

Old 03-23-2018, 10:55 PM
Lvrkight6481
Junior User
Lvrkight6481 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Finally posting.

Day I brought her home

Front letters

Rear letters

Side emblems

Led license lights

Blue fx4

Added led.bed lighting

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your Superduty today? 2018 version.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.