Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

What did you do to your Superduty today? 2018 version.

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Superduty today? 2018 version.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:21 PM
Tricon
Postmaster
Tricon has a very good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a very good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a very good reputation on FTE.
There's zero differences between the 2017-18 MY...why split this thread up and confuse guys looking for mods?

Old 02-23-2018, 06:22 PM
h20camper
Posting Guru
h20camper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.h20camper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Tricon View Post
There's zero differences between the 2017-18 MY...why split this thread up and confuse guys looking for mods?
Good point.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:18 PM
pezracer
Junior User
pezracer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Jetsco View Post
Wheels are on! 20x9 Fuel Maverick’s with +20 offset with Nitto RIdge Grapplers 35x12.5. On stock
suspended, no trimming or cutting and absolutely no rubbing at all!
Looks great, that's the look I want with the tires not sticking out very much. I thought I needed 0 offset to achieve this look though, but yours were +20? I guess I need to read more and understand offset a little better. Lol

Old 02-23-2018, 08:56 PM
nosualc
Junior User
nosualc is starting off with a positive reputation.
postive (+) offset moves the tire inward. negative (-) offset moves the tire outward.

Note that stock wheels are +40, but the rims above are wider than stock wheels.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:05 PM
Jetsco
Freshman User
Jetsco is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by pezracer View Post
Looks great, that's the look I want with the tires not sticking out very much. I thought I needed 0 offset to achieve this look though, but yours were +20? I guess I need to read more and understand offset a little better. Lol
The response above is correct. They make the wheels in a +1 but that would have pushed them out a little further (Best guess is about 1/2-1” or so). I went with the +20 and the wider tire to get the look I wanted.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:21 PM
Barbero
Senior User
Barbero is starting off with a positive reputation.
With all these rim mods I see, anyone have a set of OEM stock 18" rims they're willing to sell? I want to get a set of winter tires mounted... Oh, and back to topic, my Snug top canopy arrived, as did my 2 1/2" door body side molding (painted to match), mud flaps, weather tech window vents, hood deflector, and floor mats, tailgate lock, etc. Now if I only had my truck . Supposed delivery date is now 17 March...

Old 02-23-2018, 11:46 PM
homerj
Senior User
homerj is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Barbero View Post
With all these rim mods I see, anyone have a set of OEM stock 18" rims they're willing to sell? I want to get a set of winter tires mounted... Oh, and back to topic, my Snug top canopy arrived, as did my 2 1/2" door body side molding (painted to match), mud flaps, weather tech window vents, hood deflector, and floor mats, tailgate lock, etc. Now if I only had my truck . Supposed delivery date is now 17 March...
I will be but my truck will not be here intell late April so plenty of time before winter. I believe they will be the black ones. I will drive on them long enough to make sure no issues with truck.
I live in Mill Creek/Everett area

Old 02-23-2018, 11:56 PM
Barbero
Senior User
Barbero is starting off with a positive reputation.
Homerj,
pls send me a private message. I live just one hour from you. I would like to stay in touch to get your rims for next winter.

Old 02-24-2018, 12:11 AM
homerj
Senior User
homerj is starting off with a positive reputation.
Done... had to add more letters per rules

Old 02-27-2018, 05:55 AM
Nun
New User
Nun is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wheels are on! 20x9 Fuel Maverick’s with +20 offset with Nitto RIdge Grapplers 35x12.5. On stock

Nice looking truck.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:03 AM
h20camper
Posting Guru
h20camper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.h20camper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Seems like the 20x9 +20 offset with 35x12.5s in a nice solution if no rubbing at all. Thanks for sharing

Old 02-27-2018, 06:36 AM
ctoddrun
New User
ctoddrun is starting off with a positive reputation.
Replaced the garbage halogen heads and fogs with LED bulbs - Beamtech in the headlights and Alla in the fogs. Amazing difference... (see the budget LED thread for more info on those...)

Old 03-02-2018, 04:57 PM
Slowandsteady
Freshman User
Slowandsteady is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for posting.. looks good.!!

Old 03-07-2018, 08:44 AM
hlozano
Senior User
hlozano is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hlozano is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I started hooking up my pass thru wires to the upfitter relays. I'm using upfitter 1 for an under the dash power point for my GPS. Upfitter 2 will be for my make shift CHMSL camera, and upfitter 3 will be for in cab floor lighting. It boggles my mind how much money we pay for these trucks and Ford can't give us any more that a couple inches of pass thru wires to work with in the cab. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a chassis ground in the cab so I had to sacrifice one of the pass thru wires for ground connected to chassis ground in the engine compartment.
I was going to order a 3rd brake light camera kit from camera source (https://camera-source.com/2017-f250-...a-display.html) for $179. I was cleaning out my box of hardware and came across a backup camera I purchased years ago and decided to re-purpose it along with an old magnetic cell phone holder.

My make shift CHMSL camera:

Old magnetic cell phone holder was perfect for mounting the camera.

I cut off the license plate brackets and bent the remaining bracket to use with the magnet. I'll running the wires in the headliner and in the kick panel after testing is complete.

Connected to my Edge Insight CTS2.

If it works out nicely, I may go on Amazon and purchase a new backup cam with the butterfly ears on it for a smaller footprint and no lines for $20.
Amazon Amazon

Old 03-18-2018, 08:44 PM
Bowtech32
Freshman User
Bowtech32 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Installed a bakflip MX4 cover tonight, got too dark for a pic. Have a flip out tool box I need to install as well. Post pics when I get the tool box installed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your Superduty today? 2018 version.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.