Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

What did you do to your Superduty today? 2018 version.

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Superduty today? 2018 version.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:43 PM
svtride
Senior User
svtride is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Jetsco View Post

There is a link floating around on here for a patch that Forscan did to allow the ‘18’s to change the IPC Module. I downloaded the patch and it works!
Yeah. I got the patch...IPC reprogrammed...
Thanks

Old 02-14-2018, 05:54 PM
Jetsco
Freshman User
Jetsco is starting off with a positive reputation.
So far, BAKFlip MX4, tinted all windows including over factory and (because they dropped them on the ‘18’s) I added the illuminated sill plates from ‘17. Wheels and tires go on later this week!

Attached Images     
Old 02-14-2018, 06:17 PM
hlozano
Senior User
hlozano is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hlozano is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
So far, BAKFlip MX4, tinted all windows including over factory and (because they dropped them on the ‘18’s) I added the illuminated sill plates from ‘17. Wheels and tires go on later this week!
Did you have any issues with your MX4 install? The issues I had was the holes in the front panel didn't line up with the metal plates underneath to secure the front of the cover. I ended up having to use a dremel to modify the metal plate so I can install the bolts and tightening ****.

I also have an issue where the last panel doesn't lay flat on the right side of my tailgate which is causing water to get in the bed. When I called Bak customer service, the CS rep told me they've had multiple complaints of the holes not aligning properly in the front. I removed the entire frame to make sure it is snug against bed rails to try and figure out why the panel won't lay flat.

Left side lays flat

Right side is sticking up and won't lay flat

Old 02-14-2018, 06:24 PM
Jetsco
Freshman User
Originally Posted by hlozano View Post
Did you have any issues with your MX4 install? The issues I had was the holes in the front panel didn't line up with the metal plates underneath to secure the front of the cover. I ended up having to use a dremel to modify the metal plate so I can install the bolts and tightening ****.

I also have an issue where the last panel doesn't lay flat on the right side of my tailgate which is causing water to get in the bed. When I called Bak customer service, the CS rep told me they've had multiple complaints of the holes not aligning properly in the front. I removed the entire frame to make sure it is snug against bed rails to try and figure out why the panel won't lay flat.

Left side lays flat

Right side is sticking up and won't lay flat
fortunately, I did not have either of those problems. Everything lined up perfect and lays flat. What I am having now is the dreaded advance trac/hill decent/crash avoidance warnings with only 800 miles on the truck... going to try the connectors by the parking break and use Forscan to clear the codes and see what happens.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:31 PM
Carbon8
Junior User
Carbon8 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Did the sill plates plug and play?

Old 02-14-2018, 08:33 PM
Jetsco
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Carbon8 View Post
Did the sill plates plug and play?
They did! The same harness from the 2017 Plats is on the 2018 Plats. So remove the stock plastic sill and plug and play.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:17 PM
ERAUGrad04
Junior User
ERAUGrad04 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ERAUGrad04 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Truck looks great! I have a nearly identical 350 on order!

What % tint did you go with?

Old 02-14-2018, 10:52 PM
Jetsco
Freshman User
SunTek "Carbon" - 18% on fronts, 25% on rears and back window and a 5% visor.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:55 PM
Jetsco
Freshman User
Originally Posted by ERAUGrad04 View Post
Truck looks great! I have a nearly identical 350 on order!

What % tint did you go with?
SunTek "Carbon" - 18% on fronts, 25% on rears and back window and a 5% visor.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:39 AM
stufarmer
Elder User
stufarmer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.stufarmer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by InkMing View Post
Those that did spray in bed liner...
Did you just go for under the rails, or opt for over the rails?
Ford Trucks come with Plastic Bed Rail Caps. Therefore Spray in Liners are Under the Rail.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:56 AM
potato potato
Junior User
potato potato is starting off with a positive reputation.
How about the front rail of the box near the rear window. Did they spray over the top of that?

Old 02-16-2018, 07:33 AM
grege
Senior User
grege is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by potato potato View Post
How about the front rail of the box near the rear window. Did they spray over the top of that?

Yes they did.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:45 AM
DHPRO
Junior User
DHPRO is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have one of these for sale in classifieds: UnderCover hard tonneau cover https://tonneaucoversworld.com/shop-...dc-uc2120.html

Old 02-17-2018, 12:37 PM
Rpafford
New User
Rpafford is starting off with a positive reputation.
First mod...

On order:
  • 2017 Platinum lit door sills
  • Ford OEM rubber mats
  • BakFlip G2 bed cover
  • Bedrug liner
  • PMF Suspension 1.5" rear blocks for reverse level
Scouting list:
  • 22x9.5 +1 wheels
  • 35x12.5x22 tires
  • Bushwacker OE style fender flares
Anyone know if Ford made OEM painted fender flares like they did on the 11-16 models?

Old 02-23-2018, 06:01 PM
Jetsco
Freshman User
Wheels are on! 20x9 Fuel Maverick’s with +20 offset with Nitto RIdge Grapplers 35x12.5. On stock
suspended, no trimming or cutting and absolutely no rubbing at all!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your Superduty today? 2018 version.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.