Enerburn results - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enerburn results

Old 01-05-2018, 05:22 AM
Senior User

roadrunner01 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.roadrunner01 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Enerburn results

To start off my '15 is an F350 with the 3.31 rear end and currently has 73,xxx mi. I started using Enerburn fuel additive in my 550 gal bulk tank about a month ago, so my truck has seen roughly 4 fill-ups. Fuel is BP Supreme Diesel.

This truck has only ever seen a few fill ups outside of my bulk tank since new. I had the DPF% screen added shortly after I bought it new, so I have been watching it for almost 3 years.

What I am observing is almost unbelievable as prior to the Enerburn additive the truck would add 5% every 35-40 mi. On the first tank I started noticing that figure extending to 45 mi. and by the time I added fuel it had went to 50 mi.

So I am on my 4th fill up and yesterday the truck is at 115 mi. and still at the same %!
I must add that this time of the year I haul light loads, my driving consists of 50% highway/ 50% city driving, and no towing.

I had generally observed that my regens occurred at the 500 mi. mark and sometimes at 90%-95%. The trucks last regen had been cut short due to me reaching my destination, so it was at 55%. Currently its at 70% at 325 mi. (I reset trip 2 at the start of every regen).

Has anyone else experienced results such as these? Its almost unfathomable that a fuel additive can accomplish this.
The EnerBurn Diesel Fuel Performance Catalyst - Enerteck Chemical Corporation
Old 01-05-2018, 07:35 PM
Elder User

SkiSmuggs has a good reputation on FTE.SkiSmuggs has a good reputation on FTE.
Yes, Enerburn is pretty amazing. I've been using it for 5000 miles now and got about 4500 miles with the first bottle and that was a lot of towing.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:51 PM
Post Fiend

Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
too bad I can't get it in Alaska. So far the places I try say it can't be shipped to my location.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:28 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
too bad I can't get it in Alaska. So far the places I try say it can't be shipped to my location.
I contacted my source and she is looking into it.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:35 PM
Senior User

roadrunner01 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.roadrunner01 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
An update; I had to make a 240 mi. trip today, so it worked out I got to have a regen.
For starters my previous regen I had to cut short, only down to 55%. I went the full 500 mi. today and I stood at 80%. Regen only lasted 16 mi. and took me to 45%.
I had noted previously that I had went 115 mi. to gain 5% on DPF dash gauge, so again today I traveled over 100 mi. to gain another 5% finally reaching 80% and 500 mi.

Enerburn is almost unbelievable as I have never used anything that not only works as advertised, but exceeds expectations.
I also want to note I left this morning and air temp was -8F, and on the return trip it had warmed to +8F.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:29 AM
Elder User

suzuki0702 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I too took a leap of faith this is my first dose, I'm at almost 200 miles with 15% increase in soot level according to the Ford lie-0-meter
Old 01-07-2018, 10:12 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki0702 View Post
I too took a leap of faith this is my first dose, I'm at almost 200 miles with 15% increase in soot level according to the Ford lie-0-meter
There is an initial period of 3-4 tanks where stuff being cleaned out seems to produce more soot then it goes the other way. A long drive (100 miles or so) can help get it going. When you start, use 1 oz per 20 gallons, and after 4 tanks, 1 oz per 25 gallons.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:17 PM
Junior User

Martin6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs View Post
There is an initial period of 3-4 tanks where stuff being cleaned out seems to produce more soot then it goes the other way. A long drive (100 miles or so) can help get it going. When you start, use 1 oz per 20 gallons, and after 4 tanks, 1 oz per 25 gallons.
Sounds like this is worth trying. Are you using any other fuel additives, like Stanadyne or PM-22, along with the Enerburn treatment at fill ups?
Old 01-07-2018, 12:20 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin6 View Post
Sounds like this is worth trying. Are you using any other fuel additives, like Stanadyne or PM-22, along with the Enerburn treatment at fill ups?
I continue to use Opti-Lube Summer Plus for cetane and lubricity. I found that mileage drops if I don't use it.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:04 PM
Elder User

suzuki0702 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm using pm23..I'm in Ohio and it's been under 10 for the last 2 weeks
Old 01-07-2018, 08:34 PM
Senior User

swarf_rat has a good reputation on FTE.swarf_rat has a good reputation on FTE.swarf_rat has a good reputation on FTE.
There are a few other threads on Enerburn. The marketing literature reads like many additives: by the end of the blurb you begin to think it will cure cancer, cause world peace, etc. But there is a fair amount of scientific testing, published in peer reviewed journals, documenting the effect claimed for the ingredients in it.

My average was something like 280 miles between regens, after 5 tanks it is at 430 and climbing. I don't believe in the marketing claims of additives, but I do believe in hard data.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:44 PM
Post Fiend

Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
I contacted a distributor and she will ship it to me in AK, it's almost more to ship than the actual product costs, so I just have to decide if it's worth it.

2 - 16 oz. bottles end up costing me around $112... Debating on waiting until the summer to get some because I will be in the L48 at one point in the summer.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:14 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
I contacted a distributor and she will ship it to me in AK, it's almost more to ship than the actual product costs, so I just have to decide if it's worth it.

2 - 16 oz. bottles end up costing me around $112... Debating on waiting until the summer to get some because I will be in the L48 at one point in the summer.
It's up to you. Shipping for the two bottles was originally $34 so almost $100 for my first two bottles. Shipping is down to $19 now. With a lot of towing, I got about 4500 miles off the first bottle. For me, it is worth what I first paid for it. If you get it now, you can see the benefits that much sooner.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:32 AM
Post Fiend

yeah, I am going to try it out. If it can extend time between regens in the long run it pays for itself. I used to run BioDiesel to clean out the DPF and get back up to longer miles between regens but you can't run that stuff up here.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:40 AM
Senior User

zeroo is starting off with a positive reputation.
In the winter I can usually watch passive regen occur. I can literally watch my percentage go backwards sometimes. If it weren't for the increase in idling the dpf% would barely grow. In the humid summers I tack on dpf % like every mile it seems. Does this stuff work as good in the summer? Or idling?