Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maintenance spreadsheets

Old 01-03-2018, 05:25 PM
afmedic
Elder User
afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.
Maintenance spreadsheets

How many of you use a spreadsheet to track maintenance items? I made one today (picture below) but I want to see what you all are using. Spreadsheets are awesome, and there are a million ways to do them. I'm just curious what else is out there. Feel free to critique my intervals I put on there, or suggest any additional maintenance items. I pulled round about numbers for them after looking at several different suggestions out there.
I made one part for periodic maintenance, and a separate table for other maintenance items not considered to be periodic, but worth noting the installation date like injector cups and glow plugs. Periodic maintenance items
Other maintenance/additions

Old 01-03-2018, 05:33 PM
Colorado350
Posting Guru
Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.
I keep a simple notebook in each vehicle and EVERYTHING I do to the vehicle gets written down. I've found it definitely helps with selling down the line.
I also keep all receipts and staple them to the order slip, then file that for proof of purchase and proof of upgrades.

Old 01-03-2018, 05:40 PM
cps
Elder User
cps is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.cps is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have downloaded an app that works well for me. I keep all my vehicles and boat maintenance on it. I am a little concerned though, since I have no way of transferring the info for back up since my Nexus 7 tab does not have that capability.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:04 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
I like! Considering I just picked up a new to me la trucks... Gotta remember things I do!

Old 01-03-2018, 06:15 PM
crop harvester
Posting Guru
crop harvester has a very good reputation on FTE.crop harvester has a very good reputation on FTE.crop harvester has a very good reputation on FTE.crop harvester has a very good reputation on FTE.
I like to include P/N of parts & Where & how much i payed.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:18 PM
afmedic
Elder User
afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by crop harvester View Post
I like to include P/N of parts & Where & how much i payed.
that's not a bad idea for future reference. I normally scrap that after I do my research and make my order!

Old 01-03-2018, 06:24 PM
bdpotts
Senior User
bdpotts has a very good reputation on FTE.bdpotts has a very good reputation on FTE.bdpotts has a very good reputation on FTE.bdpotts has a very good reputation on FTE.
like Colorado 350, i've got a notebook with everything you're mentioning. parts, cost, date of install, mods, receipts (if they are too faded), next due, miles driven...

Old 01-03-2018, 06:26 PM
afmedic
Elder User
I like the notebook idea, but I take my tablet with me everywhere and it has this spreadsheet on it. I just need to add sheets for each car, the bike, and the boat and I'll have all my maintenance info in 1 spot. This was my beta test for feedback!

Old 01-03-2018, 06:34 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
To go off my previous post, I use a tablet fur TP, so I'll look into it for a spreadsheet. For now though, all my receipts have date installed, written on them..lol

Old 01-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Colorado350
Posting Guru
Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by afmedic View Post
I like the notebook idea, but I take my tablet with me everywhere and it has this spreadsheet on it. I just need to add sheets for each car, the bike, and the boat and I'll have all my maintenance info in 1 spot. This was my beta test for feedback!
Keep in mind if the tablet gets stolen so do your records, most won't take a notebook. Just something to think about...

Old 01-03-2018, 06:49 PM
afmedic
Elder User
Originally Posted by Colorado350 View Post
Keep in mind if the tablet gets stolen so do your records, most won't take a notebook. Just something to think about...
Google cloud!

Old 01-03-2018, 06:58 PM
afmedic
Elder User
I definitely think I'm going to add a column for part numbers and where it was purchased. I save all receipts in my file cabinet for warranty purposes

Old 01-03-2018, 09:58 PM
268Fords
Senior User
268Fords is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Tire rotation should be every 5k instead of 15k. Everything else looks good.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:13 AM
afmedic
Elder User
Originally Posted by 268Fords View Post
Tire rotation should be every 5k instead of 15k. Everything else looks good.
I'm probably not even going to rotate these. They are already cupped like crazy, and I have steel innies on the back. Paying the tire shop to break them down every 5k isn't really in the cards!

Old 01-04-2018, 12:05 PM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
Yep. same excel file as my fuel mileage

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Maintenance spreadsheets

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.