Air cleaner warm air - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Air cleaner warm air

Old 01-03-2018, 05:29 PM
Freshman User

Rustyol79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Air cleaner warm air

What is the best way to add warm air to my factory air cleaner when I put EFI exhaust manifolds on? Weld a piece of exhaust pipe to the side of the Y-pipe to put the hose on? Do they still make the clamp on style for headers? I have the hot water plate for the intake, but that doesn't help much when it's cold. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2018, 05:51 PM
Postmaster

fordman75 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyol79 View Post
What is the best way to add warm air to my factory air cleaner when I put EFI exhaust manifolds on? Weld a piece of exhaust pipe to the side of the Y-pipe to put the hose on? Do they still make the clamp on style for headers? I have the hot water plate for the intake, but that doesn't help much when it's cold. Thanks!
I would suggest some kind of sheet metal box over one of the exhaust manifolds with a hose hook up on it. It can't be something air tight. All the air that feeds the engine has to go thru it ( and that's a lot ) . You just want something that draws air from around the exhaust manifold.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:04 PM
Postmaster

BaronVonAutomatc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Surely there were some carbureted V6s that would have had a heat shield on one side? If you could find something like that at the salvage yard...
Old 01-03-2018, 08:58 PM
Postmaster

fordman75 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a great reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonAutomatc View Post
Surely there were some carbureted V6s that would have had a heat shield on one side? If you could find something like that at the salvage yard...
I'm afraid finding a V6 that is the correct size and runner spacing as the big 300. And then it has to clear the alternator and intake manifold. Add to that there hasn't been any carbed V6's since around 86 or earlier. So even if you do find one that would work. It will most likely be rusted away.

But you could do some searching in a older salvage yard, find something and then modify it to work. It doesn't have to be from a V6.

Or it might just be easier to take some card board or tag board. Make some patterns. Transfer it to metal. Cut it out, make some bends, drill some holes then weld or rivot a piece of pipe/tube to it. Mount it up and be good to go.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:57 PM
Freshman User

Rustyol79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Is anyone old enough to remember the clamp on heat stoves once available for headers? I want something quick and easy, I don't want to have to build something. I am sure I am not the only one that has wanted one. Are they still being made? I have yet to find one on the internet.