6.0 prices going up? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

6.0 prices going up?

Old 01-01-2018, 01:38 PM
Post Fiend

olfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to behold
6.0 prices going up?

I was browsing through craigslist and stumbled across a few Super Duties w/ 6.0. They seemed to be advertised and hovering near (a little above and under) $20K . I was a bit stunned as I thought I remembered them selling for around $10K a few years back, and even at that it seemed they weren't moving very well. Have our trucks increased in value for some reason? Maybe people have realized that they can be good trucks with a few mods?
Old 01-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Senior User

brandonrr has a good reputation on FTE.brandonrr has a good reputation on FTE.
Yes and yes.

the 6.0s are increasing in price, while the 7.3s that stayed expensive for so long are falling in price. The 6.4 has plummeted in price and will continue to do so for good reason.

The reputation of the 6.0 has shifted from them being "junk" to them being good once fixed up. This is how the general diesel-buying public sees it anyway.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:17 PM
Postmaster

navistarnut has a great reputation on FTE.navistarnut has a great reputation on FTE.navistarnut has a great reputation on FTE.navistarnut has a great reputation on FTE.navistarnut has a great reputation on FTE.
Another thing driving higher prices are the insane prices for a new truck, this also applies to some other makes and models.

I've noticed as well around the Midwest these trucks are bringing more money than they used to.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:51 PM
Postmaster

87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold
Truck shopping with a friend recently i noticed the same even more so now than a year ago when i first noticed. $22k for a shorty crew 250/350 with 100k+mi. is what I saw. Of course asking prices on a lot but still. I think alot of people realize they cannot or don't want to spend the crazy amount for new truck so for half the price including the $5-8k that it may cost for repairs is a deal and the market saw this and reacted in the increased price. I even had one guy on a used lot start pushing the whole "truck is bullet proofed" line.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:03 PM
Senior User

TooHuge is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yep. Bought mine for 11,500 a few years ago. Could have traded it in for 16k when I bought my 6.7. Dealership said they could get at least 22k for it on their lot, maybe more.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:49 PM
Post Fiend

olfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to behold
Wow! That's great news! The value of my truck plummeted a year after I bought it new. That really had me hating the purchase of the first new vehicle I'd ever bought. Figured it was just my tough luck... I hope this mentality continues. I had always thought that the 6.0 got a bad rap. It had problems early on from the factory, but nothing that couldn't be mitigated with a little tweaking, IMO.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:41 PM
Junior User

2006F350KITT is starting off with a positive reputation.
They have definitely increased in price
Old 01-05-2018, 08:13 PM
Senior User

Fuzzpuss is starting off with a positive reputation.
Maybe some day I'll break-even when adding-in all the parts I've thrown at this beast.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:16 PM
New User

tomsoftail is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooHuge View Post
Yep. Bought mine for 11,500 a few years ago. Could have traded it in for 16k when I bought my 6.7. Dealership said they could get at least 22k for it on their lot, maybe more.
Wow!
My 2007 6.0 extended cab with 8 foot bed is really beneficial to my work. But....
It is the last year of its model and compared with a 2008 the interior is ancient. Mine is a lariat which was top of the line 11 years ago. Heated leather power rear slider and a digital compass to boot.

I cannot get over how fortunate and blessed I've been with this truck but when I compare it to other vehicles of the sane age it seems primitive. The HVAC controls are the same as my 1991 Ford Taurus.

I love this truck but can't imagine paying $20,000 for it. But then again, I couldn't imagine overloading and beating the **** out of a 2018 6.7 Lariat with long box for $60,000. I do all the maintenance for the truck but I do abuse her, and she likes it.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:12 PM
Disgruntled Texan

texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
Few hundred thousand vehicles getting flooded out last hurricane season didn't hurt used prices. Guys still got to work, can't do that in a Corolla-coaster no matter how nice it is. The Super Duty chassis has a great reputation, and production numbers alone mean there's a lot of diesels to be had.

Things that used to get snapped up locally are suddenly worth shipping to the Gulf Coast, some of ya'll from further north or west might just be seeing the impact of the great rust-free Southern truck market taking one on the chin.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:54 PM
Elder User

firedaniel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
9 yrs ago I bought a 06 F350 XL work truck for $5k with 180k miles on it. Now Iím 260k and still going strong. Iíve been completely through almost every system on the truck but itís been solid. I recently started looking and noticed you canít hardly find a 6.0 under 10k thatís worth having. They have really increased in price
Old 01-06-2018, 03:05 PM
Posting Guru

joey2fords is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.joey2fords is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i normally hang out in the 87-96 section ... just came here to learn a bit about the 6.0 litre. where i live everybody and his grandma wants a diesel. even hideous, cancerous, bald-tired, cracked-windshield, both tail-light lenses-broken, rotted-interior, old i.d.i. trucks are in demand and commanding relatively big money.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:28 AM
If it flies, it dies

mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonrr View Post
the 6.0s are increasing in price, while the 7.3s that stayed expensive for so long are falling in price. The 6.4 has plummeted in price and will continue to do so for good reason.

Ignorance of facts. 6.0 are going up but 7.3 are not falling in price.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:44 PM
Elder User

F350 1990 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Fed printing money is the underlying cause, plus new trucks are obscenely priced -- the party's almost over for the manufacturers as consumers are getting max'd out.

Actual inflation is significantly higher than what the government is reporting. If you used their old formulas you'd see just how bad it is:

Alternate Inflation Charts

Just a few weeks ago, the "gubament" did it again in the new tax laws --revised how they report inflation to make it look more attractive --- they moved from CPI to Chained CPI --again to hide the underlying problem.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:47 AM
Postmaster

navistarnut has a great reputation on FTE.navistarnut has a great reputation on FTE.navistarnut has a great reputation on FTE.navistarnut has a great reputation on FTE.navistarnut has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F350 1990 View Post
Fed printing money is the underlying cause, plus new trucks are obscenely priced -- the party's almost over for the manufacturers as consumers are getting max'd out.

Actual inflation is significantly higher than what the government is reporting. If you used their old formulas you'd see just how bad it is:

Alternate Inflation Charts

Just a few weeks ago, the "gubament" did it again in the new tax laws --revised how they report inflation to make it look more attractive --- they moved from CPI to Chained CPI --again to hide the underlying problem.
Glad to see someone else taking in interest on what is really going on.
print baby print those FRN's

But that is a subject for another thread or section