Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

2018 Annual B.S. Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 02:29 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
I would be up for a meet in mid September, Weekends right now are jam packed.

Should finish mounting up my tool box soon. I have the boards and hardware just need to come up with a way for easy removal.

Next up will be the new stainless lines, caliper's up front and new pads rotors out back. After that I may order some front springs from ATS.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:35 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Well then lets shoot for mid Sept.

Do we want to go back up to the pass or stay down here somewhere?

Old 08-17-2018, 08:13 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
_mm_(o.o)_mm_

Old 08-18-2018, 08:35 PM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Camping post...

We ended up at Mineral Park, which is a National Forest Park. Located a few miles outside of Marblemount on Hwy 20, we drove up there last Friday “knowing” we could get one of the non-reservable spots at either Marble Creek or Mineral Park. We were wrong. All the no-reserve spots were taken by Wednesday.

Apparently the Hail Mary I said on the drive up paid off. The camp host (that covers both parks) walked over as we drove up and said “Well, I hope you have a reservation...”. Ummm, nope. Fortunately, someone had just cancelled and he gave us their spot. It turned out to be one of the best sites in Mineral Park and the only pull-thru site. Can I get an Amen...

Both Marble and Mineral Parks are very secluded and quiet. Both parks have one road in/out, so you risk running into someone going the opposite direction. Marble seemed to have larger sights and more RVs, while Mineral had the Subaru and small tent crowd. Mineral requires about a 4-mile drive on washboard dirt roads, which is probably why we were the only trailer at that park (well, and the whole reservation thing). Neither park has services other than pit toilets (newly built this year it appears), so dry camping all the way.

Anyway...it was pure heaven. Sent the kids to the grandparents and I was sitting at the river drinking beer at 3:30 on Friday with my lovely wife. We will be going back every year...not sure we’ll take the kids

Old 08-18-2018, 08:38 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
hope your chairs didnt float away when you drank up all that heavy beer...

Old 08-18-2018, 08:42 PM
onug
Postmaster
It was a busy week...To finish the camping trip, I drove up to Birch Bay to get the kids, came home and packed to go to...

Old 08-18-2018, 08:48 PM
onug
Postmaster
I’m not trying to pad my post count tonight....just seems like the best way to break up the various topics.

So I’m game for a meet in September. I’d prefer a breakfast meet on a Saturday and I’m open on the 8th or the 22nd. Willing to drive a ways from Seattle area if needed...great excuse to get out and cruise in the truck.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:51 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
what tires do you have on that truck in the camping pic?

Old 08-18-2018, 10:18 PM
onug
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Sparky83
what tires do you have on that truck in the camping pic?
The classic BFG A/T KO’s. Great tire other than wearing faster than expected. I’ll prob get 3 years and 45,000 miles out of them (I hope).

Old 08-18-2018, 10:22 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
thought thats what they were but was hard to tell in the pic... i have them on the back of my truck... getting them replaced on friday... the middles are looking like racing slicks...

Old 08-19-2018, 12:43 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Well what does everyone think about an AM meet up in Snoqualmie pass at the place we did last time?

Old 08-19-2018, 03:14 AM
NorthwesternCowboy
Laughing Gas
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Howdy folks, been putting in a lot of hours at work during some heavy development milestones, so I haven't been dropping in the forums.
The camping looks amazing! Glad you found a spot, thanks for the report.
Meets - I'm always non-committal. When I'm not working I'm being a hermit at home with my wife and kiddo. I'd try to take a cruise to a meet spot on a weekend if I was free though.
My Ex goes to the shop this week. ARP Stud kit all updates included, BPD remote oil cooler, up pipes, HPOP, BPD 7.3 fan clutch adapter, and anything else my techs think we should do while the cab is up.
Where'd all my money go????? 🤣🤣

Old 08-19-2018, 10:13 AM
onug
Postmaster
Originally Posted by NorthwesternCowboy
My Ex goes to the shop this week. ARP Stud kit all updates included, BPD remote oil cooler, up pipes, HPOP, BPD 7.3 fan clutch adapter, and anything else my techs think we should do while the cab is up.
Sounds like you’ll have a bomb-proof truck once it’s all done. I sometimes wish I’d gone that route on a truck and just got a commuter for the week.

Snoqualmie Pass sounds good. I assume the pancake place there at the Summit?

Old 08-19-2018, 10:51 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by onug
I’m not trying to pad my post count tonight....just seems like the best way to break up the various topics.

So I’m game for a meet in September. I’d prefer a breakfast meet on a Saturday and I’m open on the 8th or the 22nd. Willing to drive a ways from Seattle area if needed...great excuse to get out and cruise in the truck.
22nd works for me. Drilling on the 8th, unless I get the date's changed to during the week.

Originally Posted by Yahiko
Well what does everyone think about an AM meet up in Snoqualmie pass at the place we did last time?
That works.

Originally Posted by NorthwesternCowboy
Howdy folks, been putting in a lot of hours at work during some heavy development milestones, so I haven't been dropping in the forums.
The camping looks amazing! Glad you found a spot, thanks for the report.
Meets - I'm always non-committal. When I'm not working I'm being a hermit at home with my wife and kiddo. I'd try to take a cruise to a meet spot on a weekend if I was free though.
Sounds expensive, will be awesome once completed.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:00 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by onug

Sounds like you’ll have a bomb-proof truck once it’s all done. I sometimes wish I’d gone that route on a truck and just got a commuter for the week.

Snoqualmie Pass sounds good. I assume the pancake place there at the Summit?

Yes that is where I was thinking.

Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
22nd works for me. Drilling on the 8th, unless I get the date's changed to during the week.

What does everyone say to the 22nd? Lets start hitting up all the MIA members.

Too bad Randy is not going to be in town.

Quick Reply: 2018 Annual B.S. Thread!